TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Money Talks!

The portable parking lot went to the dealer to pick up my SGT vert today. My dealer calls and says, "they are here loading your car but they are putting it behind this junker they have loaded up and the rust is flying off the car and I dont want it to hit your car. So now I'm going nuts. I told him not to pick up the car that I would schedule a closed transport for the car. But they still want to get paid because they made a trip there. Then the driver says it will be fine and they will be responsible if something happens. I dont want to hear that! So after my 6th phone call to the driver I told him to switch the junker and my car, to put my car on top in the front and I would tip him $100.00 when he delivers it to me. Well that worked. The cars were swapped immediately. Delivery tomorrow. I will post pic later of the swap.

Now im almost thinking I should of had it in the back?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/nyyankee/Scott001.jpg

Yeah, now your grill and front end will be full of bugs and rocks bounding off of everything else out there...Oh well, you can take the front grill out and get all of the bugs out of the radiator...I've done it before and I need to do it again after our trip to Florida 4400 miles round trip...

Well if she follows the last toy car I had . I only put 500 miles on my 93 Cobra in 5 yrs. She won't have that many bugs. And at least I don't have to worry about the rust flakes hitting my car.

Well, I'd hardly call an older Jaguar a "junker", but I doubt the rust flakes were flying that bad...

Well we all know pictures are decieving. But my dealer was calling me and he was very sturn on this car having stuff flying off it. Even if it wasn't, to me, my $43,000 Shelby is worth a $million so I would rather take the bugs.

Well, I'd hardly call an older Jaguar a "junker", but I doubt the rust flakes were flying that bad...

Well we all know pictures are decieving. But my dealer was calling me and he was very sturn on this car having stuff flying off it. Even if it wasn't, to me, my $43,000 Shelby is worth a $million so I would rather take the bugs.

That dealer was hoping that you would just tell him to drive the car and deliver it to you personally and that you'd pay him to do it instead of having some car hauler bring it to you with an old Jaguar on the same truck...He was looking for some money talking too!!! LOL

Obviously I was joking.

I know...hope you get your car soon!!! When you do, drive that sucker!!! I just got back from a 4400 mile trip in mine where the wife and i drove from Odessa, TX to Key West, FL and back...we had a BLAST!!!

Well what a fiasco today. The company I paid is just the middle man and they list the car to be picked up online. Any shmoe with a flatbed can grab the listing and pick up the car. Well my pickup guy calls and says it should be delivered today (Friday) or Sat. So it turns out the driver's kid is graduating today and he cannot drop the car off until Monday. ( he should of got left back) I try and bribe the guy and pay him $200.00 more to get the car to me today. Anyway, never happened. I just don't want the car to sit up top on his flatbed all weekend in the rain and then on Monday he has to drive around and drop off 3 cars before he drops the car off to me at 6pm. Man I am worried. Between the acid rain and all the run arounds I cant even sleep. I am crazy about my cars and this is just way to close to admittance to the nut house for me. Someone calm me down :rant2::waiting::confused:

I know...hope you get your car soon!!! When you do, drive that sucker!!! I just got back from a 4400 mile trip in mine where the wife and i drove from Odessa, TX to Key West, FL and back...we had a BLAST!!!

Well what a fiasco today. The company I paid is just the middle man and they list the car to be picked up online. Any shmoe with a flatbed can grab the listing and pick up the car. Well my pickup guy calls and says it should be delivered today (Friday) or Sat. So it turns out the driver's kid is graduating today and he cannot drop the car off until Monday. ( he should of got left back) I try and bribe the guy and pay him $200.00 more to get the car to me today. Anyway, never happened. I just don't want the car to sit up top on his flatbed all weekend in the rain and then on Monday he has to drive around and drop off 3 cars before he drops the car off to me at 6pm. Man I am worried. Between the acid rain and all the run arounds I cant even sleep. I am crazy about my cars and this is just way to close to admittance to the nut house for me. Someone calm me down :rant2::waiting::confused:

RELAX Scotty!!! Take a DEEP BREATH! It'll all be OK...Just think...when you finally do get her home and in your garage, you can spend so much more time with her cleaning her up and polishing until you polish all of the paint right off of her...a little rain is not going to hurt her...Trust me on this...mine got rained on quite a bit down in Florida on vacation, but she's just fine...I got her all cleaned up yesterday afternoon and she was sitting there in the garage all clean and ready when the new SGT gas cap cover arrived...Now she's got a new snake on the back and she looks GREAT again...You'll be fine, and she'll be fine...just polish and polish and get to know every inch of her...you'll both enjoy it!!!

I understand your problem. I know guys who really treat thier cars like you, and I get it. Next vtime use Fed-ex inclosed transport it will be a better experience for you. I had a vehicle that I bought from a collector dealer shipped from Iowa to Wa state on a truck unenclosed and had no problems. Relax be the Buddah, it will all work out. Breath in through the nose out through the mouth. I waited for about 3 weeks to get my vehicle from Iowa. Bribing the guy to miss his kids graduation is downright clinical though, have you thought of xanex?

Thanks guys. Beleve it or not those threads did help me. :yup: I was going to pick her up tonight but Now I will take delivery on Mon at 6 a.m.

Cheers!! My wife thinks I am an acute carnut it helps to have company eh? :happy feet: It will all be cool, Monday is gonna rule! Do like i did and get a picture of you standing next to your new ride on the truck with your loved ones...its one of my favorite pictures I have! You are really gonna dig your car too I'd bet!

Archived