TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TPMS Question

Since I just bought a slightly used set of GT500 tires and wheels, I was wondering if the GT500 is equipped with the TPMS as well or if I'm going to have to buy new sensors and bands since I plan on selling my old wheels....

TPMS is a federal safety requirement now and all production cars from '07 and up must have them. You can thank President Clinton and Firestone for this pleasure.

If necessary, you can remove your sensors from your SGT wheels, and reband them to your new GT 500 wheels, they are transferable.

New sensors from Ford are on the pricey side, I was quoted 80 bucks each. But, watch ebay too, here's an example of what is available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-TRUCK-...sspagenameZWDVW

Bands are not expensive or hard to find, they are just giant hose clamps.

Good luck in your adventure.

TPMS is a federal safety requirement now and all production cars from '07 and up must have them. You can thank President Clinton and Firestone for this pleasure.

If necessary, you can remove your sensors from your SGT wheels, and reband them to your new GT 500 wheels, they are transferable.

New sensors from Ford are on the pricey side, I was quoted 80 bucks each. But, watch ebay too, here's an example of what is available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-TRUCK-...sspagenameZWDVW

Bands are not expensive or hard to find, they are just giant hose clamps.

Good luck in your adventure.

Well, I can't really blame President Clinton when people are too stupid to check the air in their tires...I can't tell you how many times I have seen big SUV's with under inflated tires hauling a$$ down the road and I just back off and wait for the show when they go rolling down the road saying earth, sky, earth, sky, earth, sky...but it is not just the SUV owners, I've seen regular cars driving on under inflated tires too...but a warning light on the dash is not going to do anything to solve the problem...most people never look at the lights on the dash, the speedometer or anything else below eye level...

Anyway, I sure hope that the sensors are still on the GT500 wheels that I just bought...I don't think he's taken them off the way he talked...but I guess we'll find out...hopefully I won't have to re-train the TPMS either...

Archived