TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Interview in Mustang Monthly

tispco

I just received my July 2008 issue of Mustang Monthly and Carroll is on the cover. There is a great interview with him that is six pages long. They cover everything from his lawsuits to a 1000 horsepower Shelby hiding somewhere at Shelby Autos. He also hinted at some more affordable and economy minded Shelby's as well. The article really gives you a good idea where Shelby is headed. I liked the close of the article. A good laugh at Amy's expense and I was able to solve why that Ford Edge was able to keep up with the KR on the Knight Rider movie -- it must have been Carroll's....

]

Tispco, your car looks pretty cool. Please post some pic as I'd like to see the rest.

You're also a luck guy. I can't wait to see this month's MM mag. Nothing in the mail yet.

Thanks for the post.

Adam

Thanks! I have a thread on my Mustang and just updated it here

I think I'll have to run out and buy that issue tonight. I should probably subscribe to that mag.

I just received my July 2008 issue of Mustang Monthly and Carroll is on the cover. There is a great interview with him that is six pages long. They cover everything from his lawsuits to a 1000 horsepower Shelby hiding somewhere at Shelby Autos. He also hinted at some more affordable and economy minded Shelby's as well. The article really gives you a good idea where Shelby is headed. I liked the close of the article. A good laugh at Amy's expense and I was able to solve why that Ford Edge was able to keep up with the KR on the Knight Rider movie -- it must have been Carroll's....

Agreed!

I read the article when my copy arrived the other day. Great to hear the story first hand from Mr. Shelby. Looks like there's still more great things to come from SAI!

Keep up the great work while I keep enjoying my SGT! :dance:

:hysterical:

yep, that is a true story. He can see well for distance, close up is hard for him, at least he tells me he can see distance..... :hysterical::hysterical:

Amy

MM,

You were just crying about your post being deleted. I guess not. Keep on with that negative spin over there on the "other" website.

He adds nothing to the site except posts about Carroll. He's from the other site and just wants to keep stirring, If he can post anything positive atleast one time, there is no need to have him here.

Amy

He adds nothing to the site except posts about Carroll. He's from the other site and just wants to keep stirring, If he can post anything positive atleast one time, there is no need to have him here.

Amy

+1M

David.

I think I'll have to run out and buy that issue tonight. I should probably subscribe to that mag.

:( I went looking for it, but no newstand had it yet...guess I'll try again next weekend.

Ilmor, try another store. This issue has been out for almost two weeks now.

Steve

I have one more store I can try - I hope they're not all sold out!

I have read the article and then went to SAAC website...I have been in Law Enforcement 18 years and my BS detector is pretty good. I can say after reading the article and seeing the way Mr. Shelby responded to the questions and then going to the SAAC website. I can see why Mr. Shelby has choosen to withdraw his name and support. I was shocked at the tone over there. Very low class, back woods type stuff. And the President, someone should tell him to hire a PR guy. And maybe a writer so he can post his press releases and statments in a more professional manner.

I don't own a Shelby...can't afford one. But I did have 2.2 charger when I was in HS. It was a dog...but looked cool. I own an 07 GT now and love it. If I ever get the coin to buy a Shelby, I will not be joining SAAC.

All I can say is I intend on purhcasing some body mods from Team Shelby, and Mr. Shelby. And anybody who allows his trademark to be used for a $1 to anybody is a stand up guy in my book. Lets face it, anything with Shelby on it is selling huge right now, so SAAC should be lucky they went as long as they did without having to pay royalities to Mr. Shelby.

Welcome to the Site Squad. What color GT Mustang do you have? Go to Shelby Wheels and check out the CS66 Wheels in 20" with the black Trim. They are the best looking Wheels for the 2005 & Up Mustangs. The Shelby Razor is a very CLOSE 2nd.

David.

I have read the article and then went to SAAC website...I have been in Law Enforcement 18 years and my BS detector is pretty good. I can say after reading the article and seeing the way Mr. Shelby responded to the questions and then going to the SAAC website. I can see why Mr. Shelby has choosen to withdraw his name and support. I was shocked at the tone over there. Very low class, back woods type stuff. And the President, someone should tell him to hire a PR guy. And maybe a writer so he can post his press releases and statments in a more professional manner.

I agree - its always better to take the "high road".

did you find one yet?

No, Sharon - thanks for asking. I wasn't able to get to the store last night; I'm going to try again for tonight.

I have one more store I can try - I hope they're not all sold out!

Hey ilmor, If you cant find one, let me know, I will look here for one. I can scan the Article and possibly post it here tonight if no one beats me to it.

David.

Hey ilmor, If you cant find one, let me know, I will look here for one. I can scan the Article and possibly post it here tonight if no one beats me to it.

David.

David - that's great; thanks. I'll post back here later tonight and let you know.

here is a link to an earlier piece by Heasley (warning, it is hosted over on the saac site)

heasley article

here is the monthly mustang article, but it is individual page scans, dropped in the middle of a thread at saac that is not very kind to CS or the author

link

Yeah, anyone writing articles that do "NOT" bash CS are trashed on that Site.

David.

Yeah, anyone writing articles that do "NOT" bash CS are trashed on that Site.

David.

that tends to be the case, but I was hoping that we could actually just leave that part out of it and let the articles speak for themselves. I was kinda hesitant to even post the link since I did not want to stir things up.

Archived