TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Small Details.....

Sudguy4

Hey Team Shelby Members,

I just wanted to post a quick question, as well as some good stuff I've found for detailing my GT500.

Here is the question......Has anyone bought some nice valve stem caps? Let's just say the ones that came on the car are less than spectacular. I don't want anything "bling", but something in chrome, and classy. The main point is that they are of HIGH QUALITY, I've read some of the dreaded complaints some of you have had with Scott Drake equipment. :banghead:

For those of you who are detail freaks like myself, I know there are have been several threads on what's good and what's not. Here are some products that have really worked well on my GT500:

1. Black Magic Wheel Polish: It comes in a small gray plastic tube. It's a gentle cream that wipes on easily and wipes of the same. It's doesn't perform any amazing magic like set the wheels on fire, but it just cleans and brings out the natural finish of the brushed aluminum.

2. Griot's Garage: Their Best of Show Wax and Clay Bar worked wonders on my car, which was delivered on April 9th, right in the middle of rainy/pollen season here in Alabama. It brought a depth and gloss to the paint that it needed, as well as making it feel glassy smooth.

3. For those of you who have the DVD navigation system.....take a clean microfiber towel and spray some lens cleaner on it, such as what you can get from SunGlass Hut. Wipe it gently in, never letting it dry on the surface. I found this to be a safe way to clean the suface without damaging it. You can lightly wet the micro fiber towel before spraying the lens cleaner on it.

This is probably information overload for a post, but I wnated to make it count! :happy feet:

Sudguy$

What's the difference between the regular ones, and the locking ones?

If you are worried about someone stealing them you should get the locking ones. They take a special key to remove them.

If you are worried about someone stealing them you should get the locking ones. They take a special key to remove them.

Grabber,

I would NEVER WORRY over small details, would I? :hysterical:

......you should talk to my co-worker who made fun of me for trying to figure out why I was out of balance by $0.02 on a balance sheet the other week. :banghead:

Here's another little glove box mod I bought from Moss Motors.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;hl=glove+box

So Grabber,

I have to ask...what flaws have you found on your car? I KNOW you are as O.C.D. as me, but it can be a hard thing to share.....if you don't want others to know your "dirty laundry" you can PM me. :jackinbox:

What happens in my shop....stays in my shop. :hysterical2:

That's good enough for me Grabber.....all I have to say is I better not catch you all up on my car with a magnifying glass if you ever come down to AL! :slapfight:

BTW....how many miles do you have on your car now?

BTW....how many miles do you have on your car now?

I have 4200 miles on my car. I got my new tranny, Nickle hub clutch, and flywheel at 3600 miles.

This baby purs now. :happy feet:

th_ab967db8.jpg

I have the same ones Grabber has. Moved them from my 01 to the Shelby. They are easily 7 years old now and still look great.

Thanks MSMAP! I think that will be my next purchase, along with the glove box addition. Thanks Grabber for what you do to my "expendable funds" account each day! :fool:

I have 4200 miles on my car. I got my new tranny, Nickle hub clutch, and flywheel at 3600 miles.

This baby purs now. :happy feet:

YOu got any more videos of your car/shop/other vehicles. I would love to see all the different accessories you have bought for your car, as well as the shop you keep it in!

Sudguy4

Grabber,

That is one of the coolest gatherings of Shelbys I have ever seen. What an awesome display! Is that at your house? If so, is this a local Shelby club that you're in that got together.

If you did actually own all those cars, I would have to say I know where you can make a "charitable donation" to a certain Credit Union here in Birmingham, AL and relieve the indebtedness of a certain 2008 GT500 owner.... :happy feet:

Grabber,

I have family that lives near Seattle....looks like I should go visit that side of the U.S. sometime. My family lives in the valley of Cheaha Mountain here in Alabama....I will probably take the GT500 for a cruise up there sometime. If so, I will take some photos so you can see what we get to see down here!

I got the valve caps in the first link and was disappointed - they were chrome on plastic. When I had a Corvette :slapfight: I found some with the crossed flags that were chrome on metal. I would pay more for a Cobra metal kind but haven't found any. BTW the Corvette :slapfight: ones lasted about a month before someone wanted them more than me. No problems yet with the Cobra caps.

Actually, plastic may be better (lighter) and not so likely to upset wheel balance at high speed.

I got the valve caps in the first link and was disappointed - they were chrome on plastic. When I had a Corvette :slapfight: I found some with the crossed flags that were chrome on metal. I would pay more for a Cobra metal kind but haven't found any. BTW the Corvette :slapfight: ones lasted about a month before someone wanted them more than me. No problems yet with the Cobra caps.

Actually, plastic may be better (lighter) and not so likely to upset wheel balance at high speed.

Thanks for the heads up. I guess what I need to be mindful of is using any type of harsh chemical on the wheel that could cause the chrome to come off the plastic. I prefer metal as well, but what can you do? :rant2:

Archived