TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 super snake on ebay

I really like the gauge pod. Looks really cool in the car, but thats just my opinion.

michael morris

I agree, The guage cluster is nice when you are in it and driving. More functional than the smaller guages. As for the headrest well, I am sure SAI know what people think and will deal with it.

Al

They are. The flash really makes it look different.

michael morris

I agree that natural light is going to give a different appearance than a flash from a camera. This is the picture that started the negative discussion around the internet. It was taken with a flash. The convertible picture was more "fuel" for the ongoing discussions related to Super Snake headrests. An interesting item....., the picture shown below does not appear in the second eBay auction for this Vapor Super Snake.

4a14_4.jpg

Personally, to me, this headrest issue is small, tiny to be exact. "If" by chance the headrests are something that I just can't overlook when my car is done, I will have the SS info. and Snake replicated in a set of new Ford headrests for the GT500 Charcoal seats, no big deal. BUT, from what people who have actually received their cars are saying, and from others I know who have looked at a Super Snake in person, the pictures do not do justice to the headrest covers provided by SAI. There are many, many other very cool functional items on the Super Snake, why zoom in on a pair of headrests and "beat the car up" over them??

R

I don't think anyone here is "beating up the car" over the head rests. My car is in right now being SS'd and, at least from the pictures, the head rests look terrible. Folks are spending up wards of $30k and I don't think it is unreasonable for them to expect it to be perfect in all ways. Most folks are being respectful but offering their opinions - which is what this place is for.

I am taking Mr. Morris at his word that they look fine. Call me crazy but I trust car dealers. :wacko:

Are these just covers over our existing head rests? If so, they could be removed and the stock ones sent to a place to have them done properly.

Are these just covers over our existing head rests? If so, they could be removed and the stock ones sent to a place to have them done properly.

I think they could have just put SUPER SNAKE lettering only on the existing head rest that matched the Styling of the Snake that is on the top of the seat. As for pictures. Pictures are normally what the majority of people need to base a decision. If my headrest looks bad and the covers can be removed. I'll just take them off and put them in a ziplock bag in the trunk. Otherwise I'll just buy a new set of stock ones. In the mean time if someone wants to take pictures of my car I'll just hang a couple of Mustang or Shelby baseball caps on them.

I don't think anyone here is "beating up the car" over the head rests. My car is in right now being SS'd and, at least from the pictures, the head rests look terrible. Folks are spending up wards of $30k and I don't think it is unreasonable for them to expect it to be perfect in all ways. Most folks are being respectful but offering their opinions - which is what this place is for.

I am taking Mr. Morris at his word that they look fine. Call me crazy but I trust car dealers. :wacko:

I have not seen much "beating up" here, but I have followed a number of forums across the internet and those are the places where it seems that many people focus in on something like a headrest and forget all about the rest of the car and its package.<<It could also be a case where a Super Snake conversion may be way out of reach $$$-wise for these people in the internet world, and they pick apart in envy?

Yes I agree that if there is a concern by people spending their money on a Super Snake conversion, this is the place to speak your peace. I am not sure if the SS headrest covers are a simple slip-on or if there is some sort of adhesive that is also used. They appear to be slipped over the original headrests and maybe a velcro attachment on the underside?

R

Well...The vert drew little interest and closed at $68k without selling. The coupe is still open with a current bid of $105k but hasn't met reserve. I hope this seller wasn't one of those folks who busted dealers' balls over the ADM's. :hysterical:

If it was me, I would lift the reserve to generate more interest as it would tell interested folks the car is going to sell.

So far the white one is getting more than the vert but not by much.

Very interesting.

Headrests are an issue, cause when the windows are down, that is the first thing you notice from the outside looking into the inside is those headrests.....sorry but they do not fit in there.....peace to all....hope this one will be resolved as we have a wonderful team at SAI and wonderful members at Team Shelby......:) Where there is a will there is a way....

I agree, The guage cluster is nice when you are in it and driving. More functional than the smaller guages. As for the headrest well, I am sure SAI know what people think and will deal with it.

Al

Sorry to be a grouch. The headrests can be fixed. To each his or her own, but it's just that the stock dash is so classic.

Well...The vert drew little interest and closed at $68k without selling. The coupe is still open with a current bid of $105k but hasn't met reserve. I hope this seller wasn't one of those folks who busted dealers' balls over the ADM's. :hysterical:

If it was me, I would lift the reserve to generate more interest as it would tell interested folks the car is going to sell.

So far the white one is getting more than the vert but not by much.

Very interesting.

My first thoughts are 725h.p. vs. 600h.p.? and between the coupes maybe a color difference, White vs. Vapor?

R

Archived