TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 super snake on ebay

just in case anyone was looking for one, I noticed it on ebay--- 2008 shelby--- listing Vapor color 725hp

It's not mine!!!!!

Mine's some where on a boat stuck in the Panama canal I think!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

It looks like the bids are up to $115k already!!!! I am curious to see where it goes, the frenzy to follow should start soon!!

Maybe it will be one of those cars that disappears to some foreign Country for 30 years and shows up again in America with 200 miles on it??

Need a High? Why wait? Buy a SuperSnake! No time for the wait.

OH MM do you already have another on order then? :hysterical:

It would TOUGH not sell #14 for that kind of money! I hope he gets what hes asking!

I dont know if Brandi would let me order another one with the baby coming. Got the first one ordered before we got the Baby news!!

michael morris

rediculous

I think it is great!! I can't think of many, if any late model specialty cars that can be bought for $45K-$50K, have a conversion done to the total of approx. $35K, and then turn right around and realize a healthy gain in $$$ return. $85K investment to $115K sale (+$30K) is a healthy return on a car for a few months ownership. I also realize that with so few Super Snakes currently for sale, it is a sellers market, but as with any investment, buying at the right time, and selling at the right time, is everything.

Now the question is...........will it repeat those $$$ numbers for a second auction with some different pictures of the car added this time?

R

I think it is great!! I can't think of many, if any late model specialty cars that can be bought for $45K-$50K, have a conversion done to the total of approx. $35K, and then turn right around and realize a healthy gain in $$$ return. $85K investment to $115K sale (+$30K) is a healthy return on a car for a few months ownership. I also realize that with so few Super Snakes currently for sale, it is a sellers market, but as with any investment, buying at the right time, and selling at the right time, is everything.

Now the question is...........will it repeat those $$$ numbers for a second auction with some different pictures of the car added this time?

R

Has an SS actually been sold at $115K yet? :headscratch:

Has an SS actually been sold at $115K yet? :headscratch:

Nope, but the bait (725 SS) seems to be attracting some pretty big fish ($$$). I would guess that is owner is testing the market?

I have heard, (but not seen it yet) that a White Super Snake has also been posted to eBay.

R

Well, this gets more interesting as more become available. Personally, I would have taken the $115,000.00 (didn't meet reserve) when I had it. Now it is re-listed and drawing no bids. And now there is a white one too.

The vert doesn't seem to be getting much action at all. It will be interesting to see what these finally settle down at the end of the auctions.

On the one hand it would be great to see what the market is for a SS.

On the other hand I don't ever plan to sell the car and I am still waiting to get mine done even though I placed my order thirteen months ago. For me, it will be such an incredible priviledge to own an SS, I would never let it go. Who said life is fair? :waiting:

I just looked at the pics of the white one. Man, no matter how you try, those headrests look awful. I hope when I get mine back they look better in person as Michael has stated.

In addition to the Super Snake headrest covers being Black, and the factory GT500 seats being a different color (Charcoal), this is a picture I have seen added to several sites when the Super Snakes are discussed. I have not seen much negative feedback about the Super Snake package in general, but the headrest covers are what everyone is talking about, even on non-GT500 forums, and it is negative.............

df103nw6.jpg

R

In addition to the Super Snake headrest covers being Black, and the factory GT500 seats being a different color (Charcoal), this is a picture I have seen added to several sites when the Super Snakes are discussed. I have not seen much negative feedback about the Super Snake package in general, but the headrest covers are what everyone is talking about, even on non-GT500 forums, and it is negative.............

df103nw6.jpg

R

A Hefty bag wrapped around the head rests would look about as good. And don't get me started on that gauge cluster. More like a groan cluster. That just ruins the retro dash.

:jackinbox:

Archived