TEAM SHELBY FORUM

IDEAS FOR NEW ITEMS

LETS START A TOPIC OF NEW ITEMS THAT SHELBY/SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS SHOULD CONSIDER FOR THE SGT.

THIS COULD BE FUN AND INTERESTING

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE FOLLOWING:

REAR BAER BRAKE CALIPER

A INSERT TO MATCH SHELBY GAUGES BACKGROUNG FOR FATORY SPEEDO/TACH/ECT

AIR BAG EMBLEM BERG DESIGN OR CS

POLISHED ALUM STRUT BRACEDESIGNED TO FIT WITH PLENUM COVER

A ONE PIECE RADIATOR COVER THAT COVER FENDER TO FENDER WITH OPENING TO SEE SHELBY PLATE ON THE RIGHT

I suggest Gift Certificates. When people ask what you want for Father's Day, Christmas, Birthday, etc tell them to give you a Shelby Gift Certificate. It is always the right size, always the right color as you pick from the catalogue yourself. Never have to return another purple tie or fondue pot. What you want, when you want. And if you save up enough you can save for that supercharger! It would speed up your savings for wheels, brakes, interior pieces, spoilers, etc. SAI should be happy as they would be making money up front, when bought, and sales they would not ordinarily make. Sounds win-win to me.

I suggest Gift Certificates. When people ask what you want for Father's Day, Christmas, Birthday, etc tell them to give you a Shelby Gift Certificate. It is always the right size, always the right color as you pick from the catalogue yourself. Never have to return another purple tie or fondue pot. What you want, when you want. And if you save up enough you can save for that supercharger! It would speed up your savings for wheels, brakes, interior pieces, spoilers, etc. SAI should be happy as they would be making money up front, when bought, and sales they would not ordinarily make. Sounds win-win to me.

+1

Hi guys, I like the idea of this post. Hopefully we will have our own section for this very soon! I guess we forgot to put in the last catalog that we do have gift certificates! We have $25, $50 and $100 denominations available. Some other good news is that the rear brake caliper is already in the works. Now the strut tower brace in aluminum, were you referring to GT500 or GT? I know we are working on both but I can tell you more pending your questions application- I will also tell you that a steering wheel cover may be tricky due to liability reasons involving airbag deployment in an accident but if there is enough interest, I'm sure it could be something that is pursued more aggresively. I will check on the post frequently and see what I can pass on to R&D and the rest of the Shelby team-

Regards,

-Keith-

Hi guys, I like the idea of this post. Hopefully we will have our own section for this very soon! I guess we forgot to put in the last catalog that we do have gift certificates! We have $25, $50 and $100 denominations available. Some other good news is that the rear brake caliper is already in the works. Now the strut tower brace in aluminum, were you referring to GT500 or GT? I know we are working on both but I can tell you more pending your questions application- I will also tell you that a steering wheel cover may be tricky due to liability reasons involving airbag deployment in an accident but if there is enough interest, I'm sure it could be something that is pursued more aggresively. I will check on the post frequently and see what I can pass on to R&D and the rest of the Shelby team-

Regards,

-Keith-

Keith, it's great to see that you guys from SPP are keeping up with these boards and are interested in what we're interested in. Keep up the good work!

Regards,

-Keith-

Interested in steering wheel emblem to match the Berg gas cap one.

Definitely interested in this:

A ONE PIECE RADIATOR COVER THAT COVER FENDER TO FENDER WITH OPENING TO SEE SHELBY PLATE ON THE RIGHT

Have looked at the cheap plastic ones available and besides looking ghetto they do cover the shelby CSM plate.

Used to have a list of items I will have to find it again and post.

I like all these ideas so far, including the steering wheel cap.

As for the Baer rear caliper, is a Baer front caliper already available? Will both of these fit the stock Bullit 18" wheels?

Other ideas

- Engine valve covers for the 4.6 that have S H E L B Y embossed on them.

- CAI system like the Bullit Mustang has that works with our 95(?) MAF sensor and revised tune if necessary.

- "CS" wheel hubcaps

Interested in steering wheel emblem to match the Berg gas cap one.

Definitely interested in this:

Have looked at the cheap plastic ones available and besides looking ghetto they do cover the shelby CSM plate.

Used to have a list of items I will have to find it again and post.

+1000

Regards,

-Keith-

THANKS FOR THE QUICK AND POSITIVE RESPONSE- I WAS RERFERRING TO SHELBY GT

THANKS AGAIN

SHELBYGUY

I like all these ideas so far, including the steering wheel cap.

As for the Baer rear caliper, is a Baer front caliper already available? Will both of these fit the stock Bullit 18" wheels?

Other ideas

- Engine valve covers for the 4.6 that have S H E L B Y embossed on them.

- CAI system like the Bullit Mustang has that works with our 95(?) MAF sensor and revised tune if necessary.

- "CS" wheel hubcaps

Baer makes the BaerClaw big brake kit for the front brakes for Shelby. The calipers are engraved "Shelby", and the BaerClaw logo is present. The matching rear kit is larger rotors and caliper bracket only, it employs the stock rear caliper. The front kit will not fit inside the stock SGT wheel, you need a 50mm offset or greater. The rear kit will fit just fine.

The stock SGT induction kit from FRP has a 90mm MAF. Can't say I understand why you think the Bullitt induction is any better, looks the same to me. Have I missed something? The next step up the MAF line from FRP is the 113mm, and you will have to recalibrate your tune upon install.

There are wheel center caps that say "Shelby GT", I'd like to see them with a red background rather than black. But, that's just me...

I'll be reading this. I don't make the decisions but I can help speak on your behalf when the time comes. The Baer setup being worked on (no promises) incorporates a replacement rear claiper with Shelby engraved on it. The specifics on our current aluminum brace that is now available and shipping is that it will fit over the plenum cover (barely). In testing some cars have had rubbing issues under WOT but nothing has broke. I have to say that we do recommend removing the cover for this piece, unfortunately. I suppose it depends on what you are willing to live with. Keep the constuctive feedback coming, please. I'll be sure and bring things up-

Keith, the vast majority of people that bought the SGT will keep the 18" Bullitt wheels for a variety of reasons. First, we like the classic Cragar S/S mag look. Second, we don't have the money or desire to buy different wheels and tires. So that leaves the vast majority with the stock wheel that want an upgraded brake package that will fit the stock wheel. That is where the demand, and sales, will come from. Give us a very good, colorful, efficient brake package for the stock 18" wheels WITHOUT an off set. AND KEEP IT SHELBY !.

The stock SGT induction kit from FRP has a 90mm MAF. Can't say I understand why you think the Bullitt induction is any better, looks the same to me. Have I missed something? The next step up the MAF line from FRP is the 113mm, and you will have to recalibrate your tune upon install.rather than black. But, that's just me...

Mac, take a closer look. The Bullit setup isolates the air filter from the engine compartment much more completely, and the underhood insulator is different so that is form-fits the "box". It also appears to be set up so that it gets its intake air more directly from the front of the car, as well as the fender area. I suspect that the intake air temperature is much more ideal with this setup.

SOMEONE ELSE MUST HAVE A IDEA - WHERE IS JBFABRICATOR

HOW ABOUT A LEGAL (FOR TRACK EVENTS) FIRE EXTINGUISHER WITH METAL BRACKET.

THERE ARE SOME GREAT UNITS FOR A FORD GT THAT COULD BE MADE TO

WORK FOR THE MUSTANG- A LITTLE SHELBY BRANDING IT COULD BE A NICE ADDITION

• 2 weeks later...
I'd really like to see a front grill emblem to match the new Shelby GT faux gas cap. Another suggestion is to make wheel hub caps with that same design.

+1 on the Hub Caps - Both options with the snake look good but the red 'Shelby' lettering does not stand up to the Berg Gas Cap.

Regards,

-Keith-

Count me in - I want the CS one to match my gas cap.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

While this is not a mod, it is something I have been looking for ever since we bought our Shelby and for that matter, the other two Mustangs...we have been looking for a "qaulity" album to document each of our vehicles for those that will eventually inherit these cars. Needless to say, we have yet to find any quallity albums! I think it would be great if TS or SAI offered two qaulity albums for this purpose. Both could be leather embossed covers and/or another high quality material with the TS and CS logo's embossed on the front cover top/bottom. In the center you could put an embossed circle that would allow the purchaser to customize their album. For example, I would like to have a Berg Faux gas cap say in a smaller version (one that would fit the steering wheel) you could also include others for the GT500, etc..etc and put a disclaimer this is for the album use only. This emblem would be seperate price from the album and would attach with 3M adhesive stips in the embossed circle. Then if by chance I mistakingly orderd 2 and one ended up on my steering wheel ...well you get the picture. I would like for this album to have inserts, say 25-50 at an initial offering that would hold pics and service documents, etc. I could then order inserts as needed in addition to the initial offering.

For the second album which would be essentially the same as above except the second one would come with an insert letter from Mr. Shelby and signed by him personally addressed to the CSM no. and/or owner. This album could be priced the same as the first one, except for an additional charge of $250 to benefit Mr. Shelby's foundation. So, what do you think?? Would there be any takers? I would!

Craig

How about a driving light brake ducting kit for the front facia :) I think this would be a big seller...

X2

I'll be reading this. I don't make the decisions but I can help speak on your behalf when the time comes. The Baer setup being worked on (no promises) incorporates a replacement rear claiper with Shelby engraved on it. The specifics on our current aluminum brace that is now available and shipping is that it will fit over the plenum cover (barely). In testing some cars have had rubbing issues under WOT but nothing has broke. I have to say that we do recommend removing the cover for this piece, unfortunately. I suppose it depends on what you are willing to live with. Keep the constuctive feedback coming, please. I'll be sure and bring things up-

Keith if I may add a suggestion and I do not mean this in a bad way. I know you are a busy person but if someone could let us know what is the status on things we have been waiting a long time for it would be great. The lower light kit for instance. What happens is one of of calls SPP, after we wait from the last time we found out info, and whomever answers the phone says "not in yet maybe next month". It has become a running joke amongst the community. And it ends up making SPP look bad IMO and causes some to get PO'd. In the end it just hurts all of us, you guys included. I am not asking for a detailed list of meetings and progress but just an honest time frame for things.

Keith, the vast majority of people that bought the SGT will keep the 18" Bullitt wheels for a variety of reasons. First, we like the classic Cragar S/S mag look. Second, we don't have the money or desire to buy different wheels and tires. So that leaves the vast majority with the stock wheel that want an upgraded brake package that will fit the stock wheel. That is where the demand, and sales, will come from. Give us a very good, colorful, efficient brake package for the stock 18" wheels WITHOUT an off set. AND KEEP IT SHELBY !.

Concur 100%.

While I know it's problematic with the stock wheel design.......one of the (many) reasons I love my '07 black SGT are those baaad, black wheels.

Produce them, and we will come!

Kevin

Archived