TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 GT-500

GooD 4lyf

From what I've read/heard, there are not going to be any changes, other than possibly ambient lighting or Sirius Satellite radio being standard, as opposed to being optional on '08s. Ford has released an official announcement stating that only 3,000 GT500s will be produced, and a "lottery" has been set up for dealers to enter into. Allocation of said lottery will be based on 2007 Mustang model year sales.

I read the details of the above mentioned info. someone in a thread on here . If anyone has the specifics, please pass the link on.

From what I've read/heard, there are not going to be any changes, other than possibly ambient lighting or Sirius Satellite radio being standard, as opposed to being optional on '08s. Ford has released an official announcement stating that only 3,000 GT500s will be produced, and a "lottery" has been set up for dealers to enter into. Allocation of said lottery will be based on 2007 Mustang model year sales.

I read the details of the above mentioned info. someone in a thread on here . If anyone has the specifics, please pass the link on.

You are dead on. The only thing new for 09 is the 300 Red Stiped cars. Can be coupe or vert, but only making 300.

michael morris

I was at a local dealer last night and saw some 09's on the lot.Mustangs and trucks.They all had a hideous anniversary badge on the fender.The salesman said that the GT500 would have it also with the Horseshoe and a snake in the center instead of the horse.My God i hope not because it really looks too damn big first of all and is it UGLY!

I was at a local dealer last night and saw some 09's on the lot.Mustangs and trucks.They all had a hideous anniversary badge on the fender.The salesman said that the GT500 would have it also with the Horseshoe and a snake in the center instead of the horse.My God i hope not because it really looks too damn big first of all and is it UGLY!

Oh i see what you are talking about...am glad i got mine..........

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/Mustang/g...62018|204761705

I'm hoping he was wrong on the Shelby GT500 having that ghetto fabulous badge also!You should see it in person!I was all the way across the lot and saw one on a new Mustang GT.I liken it to herpes on the face of a model. :fear:

hmm... You think they will get beef up MSRP again like the 07 models? If thats the case, I probly stand no chance :banghead:

edit: sentense was out of order lol made it better.

Carrol Shelby recently signed a six year contract with Ford. The only people claiming limited anything are dealers. Keep the ADM money in your own pocket. I would not even pay MSRP, there are good deals to be found and more coming, IMO.

Carrol Shelby recently signed a six year contract with Ford. The only people claiming limited anything are dealers. Keep the ADM money in your own pocket. I would not even pay MSRP, there are good deals to be found and more coming, IMO.

+1

Save your vacation money for yourself, not the salesman's vacation.

That badge is horrific! :jackinbox: Is it absolutely necessary for EVERYONE to know that we have a Mustang built on an anniversary year? The badges on the '99 Mustangs were much classier.....glad I've got my '08!

I thought captdave promised that 2009 was going to be the best year of all. :poke:

We got some 09's in and I think that 45th badge looks really good. I like it! :happy feet:

I have not heard anything on whether the GT500 will have it or not. That is news to me.

We got some 09's in and I think that 45th badge looks really good. I like it! :happy feet:

I have not heard anything on whether the GT500 will have it or not. That is news to me.

Could you post a pic of it in a new thread.

Please.

I've only bought one car and it was never all that. So, here's a question.

How do you go about paying less than MSRP when you usually gotta fight the dealer to avoid OVER MSRP charges?

It happened to me in 07 and 08. The 07 in Miami all sold for like 70k the 08 was a mix. At the last minute (about 2 months ago) 3 sold for MSRP and I was two days late to buy it... So I'm here again in the line up, for the 2009 this time. If you got some tips or advice, whatever you want to call it. Please, let me know! This 40k+ car is barely in my economic reach so, every dime I save can save my life at the gas pump... lol

I've only bought one car and it was never all that. So, here's a question.

How do you go about paying less than MSRP when you usually gotta fight the dealer to avoid OVER MSRP charges?

It happened to me in 07 and 08. The 07 in Miami all sold for like 70k the 08 was a mix. At the last minute (about 2 months ago) 3 sold for MSRP and I was two days late to buy it... So I'm here again in the line up, for the 2009 this time. If you got some tips or advice, whatever you want to call it. Please, let me know! This 40k+ car is barely in my economic reach so, every dime I save can save my life at the gas pump... lol

You simply "ask". All they can say is no, but you may get lucky and they just might say yes.

I have a 09 coming that I am selling for MSRP + $750. "FIRM"

The $750 is to cover the enrollment fee Ford is charging us just to get allocation for this car. All dealers get a 2009 will be charged a $750 fee.

The one I have coming is a Black Coupe with the Red Appearance Package. Full loaded with Shaker 1000. Limited to the first 300 cars ordered with this package.

Remember SD;

Tell him "IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT AT 50K"???????????

"YOU ALSO CANT AFFORD IT AT 45K"?????????? :hysterical:

And of course you like the "FUGLY NEW EMBLEM"?????????

But probably only on vista-blue stangs???????

Archived