TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who is in?

Just Tony

Tony,

The contact list sounds like a good idea - I'll PM you with my contact info. Don't worry, we Southern Folk understand that you Northern Yankees can't speak proper English but just to help you out with your southern talk: it's "y'all" if you're only addressing a handfull of people or a single person [i.e. "Y'all come over here and hold my beer, I got a biggin'."] and "all ya'll" if you're addressing a large crowd or forum [i.e. "All y'all need to simmer down!"]. Acceptable alternate spellings include "ya'll" and "yawl" (it really depends on which part of the South the speaker is from). Of course, that goes out the window when you get into East Texas - no one has been able to understand them folks enough to figure out what they're saying, much less how to spell it. :)

Matt

They ALL talk kinda funny down here! Ya know what I mean? When I first moved to Texas 10 years ago, I stopped in a gas station to ask directions, I really couldn't understand what he was saying. Now I'm picking up the silly accent and Texas slang words :censored: I now have y'all in my vocabulary and can't get rid of it :banghead:

We'll be leaving Austin/Lakeway on the 25th in the morning. I'll have the car/cars loaded up the day before and be packed then too.

I'm in, I think. I got an email thanking me for my application and they said they were verifying my stuff at Team Shelby and would get back to me within 24 to 48 hours. That was Thursday. No word as of yet. Does anyone have anything more firm than this?

I'm in the same boat as you - assuming its just a last minute rush... I hope...

Still no word going on Tuesday now...

Sharon posted in the Terlingua section of the forum that we won't be hearing from Bullrun this week (http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30277). The 2008 cross-country Bullrun from Calgary to Phoenix is going on right now so they're all tied up with that event right now and spread across the country.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tony!

I'm in and bringing the wife and were already Paid for . Now I'm praying SAI gets my car done in time. I was told 5 weeks which would be late next week but it looks like it still won't be ready till middle to end of Aug. I'll be sweating this till I get the call from Adrienne because I was told there was no refund policy.

Mark

I am paid and ready for the event!

I won't have far to go - kinda sorry for those that do but road trips can be fun so enjoy the drive anyway. I live right next to Lajitas in Terlingua and will be bringing my new Terlingua Mustang - '07, black, Performance Package or having it delivered there from the good folks at Quantum.

My friend from NY - Jerry - will be my co-pilot.

Anyone needing local info feel free to contact me.

The drive in has three choices from prettiest and hilliest and winding to easy.

Looking forward to meeting folks - this will be my first event.

David

I won't have far to go - kinda sorry for those that do but road trips can be fun so enjoy the drive anyway. I live right next to Lajitas in Terlingua and will be bringing my new Terlingua Mustang - '07, black, Performance Package or having it delivered there from the good folks at Quantum.

David

I vote for the winding-est, but that's just because I like putting my SGT through a few sharp turns.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

David

Hi David,

I'm Jimmy member # 2837, looking forward to meeting all you guys. I will start my drive from Talladega, Alabama. I'm interested in the fastest route. I plan to map quest, but with some of your info I'm sure I'll be able to save time, or at least I'll know I'm heading the right direction. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks! :shift:

Hi David,

I'm Jimmy member # 2837, looking forward to meeting all you guys. I will start my drive from Talladega, Alabama. I'm interested in the fastest route. I plan to map quest, but with some of your info I'm sure I'll be able to save time, or at least I'll know I'm heading the right direction. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks! :shift:

You would most likely be taking I-20 all the way to Monahan, TX then turning south. Which means that you could join the Quantum group as you pass through Dallas on Wednesday ( they'll be leaving n. Dallas very early afternoon). A group of us coming from the north will be joining that group Wednesday night in Odessa. Thursday morning we'll head south to meet the Houston and California groups in Alpine and roll in to Terlingua all together. :happy feet:

If you're interested in joining us give me a PM, as we are getting a head count for hotel reservations.

Hi David,

Hi Jimmy,

Sounds like you have a great option to join the Quantum folks/group and go I-20 across and stay in Odessa. The other possibility is to go the more southern route and go across I-10 into San Antonio and from there you take Hwy 90 west all the way to Marathon, TX. I personally like this route because it is more scenic than I-20 and psses through Del Rio, TX for lunch stops. Marathon, TX has a great historic Hotel The Gage, as well as a nicely restored option, the Marathon motel. It is about 120 miles from Marathon to Lajitas which is best done probably by going on down 90 further west another 30 miles into Alpine, TX and then heading south on 118. You go South 60 miles on 118 and you will arrive at the edge of Terlingua/Study Butte and turn west on Hwy 170 for about 12 miles and arrive at the Lajitas airpot meeting spot - it is on the left side of the road and marked.

If I can help further please ask.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the event!

David

Hi Jimmy,

Sounds like you have a great option to join the Quantum folks/group and go I-20 across and stay in Odessa. The other possibility is to go the more southern route and go across I-10 into San Antonio and from there you take Hwy 90 west all the way to Marathon, TX. I personally like this route because it is more scenic than I-20 and psses through Del Rio, TX for lunch stops. Marathon, TX has a great historic Hotel The Gage, as well as a nicely restored option, the Marathon motel. It is about 120 miles from Marathon to Lajitas which is best done probably by going on down 90 further west another 30 miles into Alpine, TX and then heading south on 118. You go South 60 miles on 118 and you will arrive at the edge of Terlingua/Study Butte and turn west on Hwy 170 for about 12 miles and arrive at the Lajitas airpot meeting spot - it is on the left side of the road and marked.

If I can help further please ask.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the event!

David

Hey David

Quick question, what is cellphone coverage like in Terlingua area?

Michael

Hey David

Quick question, what is cellphone coverage like in Terlingua area?

Michael

Hi Michael,

Great question. The coverage is pretty good on roads, but definately spotty especially where there are bigger cliffs/mountains etc. Should be good in the Terlingua/Lajitas area as there are towers in those areas, less so further away and in the park its spotty. Also, depends on the carrier - I am not sure why but some major carriers work well, others not as well.

Hope this helps you,

david

After great internal struggle, (begging and pleading with the wifey)

My brother and I are comin to Terlingua!!!

So count one more Black Vert for the weekend! Hope it fits in the hotel room!

:happy feet:

Octane rating out here while I think of it is 92 at all the local stations which is the two in Terlingua/study Butte and the two in the park as well - we get our delivery from the one company for each and it is all 92 as the highest. May be better in Alpine or further out though - so think octane boost if needed.

This is a beautiful area with great winding roads and scenery, but low octane gas...

David

Octane rating out here while I think of it is 92 at all the local stations which is the two in Terlingua/study Butte and the two in the park as well - we get our delivery from the one company for each and it is all 92 as the highest. May be better in Alpine or further out though - so think octane boost if needed.

This is a beautiful area with great winding roads and scenery, but low octane gas...

David

Hey 92 is a step up for Californians, we only get 91 widely available.

I have a 91 tune on my Whipple, so I am ok.

Michael

Hi guys, just joined specially for this event.

Does anyone know if there is a participation limit on this?

If so, how many?

Thanks

Welcome we look forward to seeing you at the event.

They are limiting the amount to 100 cars.

Sharon

Archived