TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who is in?

Just Tony

Just got my confirmation e-mail from Samantha at Bullrun. Will send her my Paypal info as soon I find my secret stash of Benjamins. Hmm.... coffee can in the garden or fake deodorant dispenser in the bathroom? Luckily, I have time.

Tony

Tell us more, is this the 10g's to enter Bullrun or what?

Have you flipped your lid? :hysterical:

I'm in. Driving down from SoCal. I was in the Shelby Run for the B-Day Bash but due to a broken leg I was a navigator. Wifey was piloting. Not this time. knock on wood!!!

Are you driving to Terlingua or trailering? Should we caravan? I am on the outskirts of civilization. I can join you as you drive by.

I remember that halo around your calf and the creative tailoring to keep it under wraps. I'm happy for your liberation from that contraption. Will the wifey be navigating?

Once again, my wife is totally uninterested in attending so I have half of a ticket and a shotgun seat in a 40th GT500 available to anyone who wants to split the cost with me. I currently have torquewrench1807 trying to sweet talk the powers that be to allow him to bring his smokin' hot Shelby GT along on the other half of the ticket. Nothing in writing so far, so I am still taking offers.

Tony

One blue eyed Albertan and navigator,08SS0075,confirmed.

Will be interesting getting to meet the faces behind the names and having a blast at the same time.

Torch red convertible,should be converted by then,will help Red Mafia show the spirit and keep the

rally alive. Will make sure to bring the sunshine with us and plenty of beer,EH!

Cheers, Hope you all make it and those special lights are sighted.

Looking forward to fun times and great people.

Regards, Randal & Jean Myers (The blue eyed Albertans).Canada

I'm in. Driving down from SoCal. I was in the Shelby Run for the B-Day Bash but due to a broken leg I was a navigator. Wifey was piloting. Not this time. knock on wood!!!

Glad the knee is better - that thing you had on hurts just thinking about it!

Once again, my wife is totally uninterested in attending

You can have your wife call my wife if you'd like. Andrea is not a car person at all, and was uninterested in the Birthday Bash, but changed her mind and came anyway, provided we did some sightseeing on the way (which we did). We had a blast.

This time, we had a vacation already booked for the week before and comparatively, Terlingua cost a mint. When I showed her Sharon's post, she didn't even blink and said, "We'll have to put in for another week of vacation. I don't want to drag race, so you can drive. I'm getting the spa treatment."

Tough sell.

One blue eyed Albertan and navigator,08SS0075,confirmed.

Will be interesting getting to meet the faces behind the names and having a blast at the same time.

Torch red convertible,should be converted by then,will help Red Mafia show the spirit and keep the

rally alive. Will make sure to bring the sunshine with us and plenty of beer,EH!

Cheers, Hope you all make it and those special lights are sighted.

Looking forward to fun times and great people.

Regards, Randal & Jean Myers (The blue eyed Albertans).Canada

I'm bringing my red vert and the blue coupe on down. With any luck, my coupe won't be street legal anymore by then.

Hi,

I am in!

I will be driving from So Cal with my same Birthday Bash co-piloti, Charlie. (not my wife's gig either) We are planning on leaving Orange Co on the 23rd and it would be fun to get in a caravan. We should get a plan going as the time gets closer.

Michael

I'm bringing my red vert and the blue coupe on down. With any luck, my coupe won't be street legal anymore by then.

Sure be a pleasure to meet ya,that's some mean set of cars!

Maybe the Black Mafia won't even show-up?

See ya down there, anything ya craving from up here in Canada?

Regards Randal.

Hi,

I am in!

I will be driving from So Cal with my same Birthday Bash co-piloti, Charlie. (not my wife's gig either) We are planning on leaving Orange Co on the 23rd and it would be fun to get in a caravan. We should get a plan going as the time gets closer.

Michael

Would have to organize a route on where/when going thru places for times to hook up.

Randal.

I'm in, towing down from WA. How hot is it in late septemer in Terlingua? 110, 120..... :wacko:

I just hope I don't get called for SS upfit in August or early Sept :redcard: , or maybe I do so I can drop the car off on the way home :idea::yahoo: .

Are you driving to Terlingua or trailering? Should we caravan? I am on the outskirts of civilization. I can join you as you drive by.

I remember that halo around your calf and the creative tailoring to keep it under wraps. I'm happy for your liberation from that contraption. Will the wifey be navigating?

Once again, my wife is totally uninterested in attending so I have half of a ticket and a shotgun seat in a 40th GT500 available to anyone who wants to split the cost with me. I currently have torquewrench1807 trying to sweet talk the powers that be to allow him to bring his smokin' hot Shelby GT along on the other half of the ticket. Nothing in writing so far, so I am still taking offers.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I was trying to be discreet with that darn contraption but no matter what I did there it was saying hello. Anyway, I'll be driving down with my wife on the fold out Nav system. I think a carvan would be a great idea. We'll tighten up the details as we get closer. I'm looking forward to seeing your 40th. Take care.

Hi,

I am in!

Michael

Hi Tony,

I was trying to be discreet with that darn contraption but no matter what I did there it was saying hello. Anyway, I'll be driving down with my wife on the fold out Nav system. I think a carvan would be a great idea. We'll tighten up the details as we get closer. I'm looking forward to seeing your 40th. Take care.

I'll PM both of you (and others as they become known) with my e-mail address so we can easily keep track of our plans and coordinate the hook up. I can't wait to see you guys, and your co-pilots, again.

Tony

I'll PM both of you (and others as they become known) with my e-mail address so we can easily keep track of our plans and coordinate the hook up. I can't wait to see you guys, and your co-pilots, again.

Tony

Hey T,

How goes it out west? If your'e still looking, PM me with 411 re: splitting your cost.

I've since transplanted from Temecula so I'd be pushing GO whip from the east.

How 'bout them Celtics (really a true Spurs fan :bag: )

I'm interested!!!

Keep it loc'd... talk to you soon.

R/ J

I’m in as long as everything stays on schedule. My brother is meeting me in NC and we are going to make the 30 plus hour drive out. Will be bringing the Black 07 Shelby GT (completely stock). I am however still debating on buying the “Berg” faux gas cap?

Has anyone received an email about payment? I have the confirmation email and I emailed Samantha back but still have not heard anything. Just wondering if any one else is in the same boat.

I’m in as long as everything stays on schedule. My brother is meeting me in NC and we are going to make the 30 plus hour drive out. Will be bringing the Black 07 Shelby GT (completely stock). I am however still debating on buying the “Berg” faux gas cap?

Has anyone received an email about payment? I have the confirmation email and I emailed Samantha back but still have not heard anything. Just wondering if any one else is in the same boat.

I talked to Samantha with Bullrun on Thursday and she told me that the invoice emails should be going out this coming week. In a post last week

(http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30130&st=20), Amy mentions that their trying to lower the cost for those of us that have already signed up so it's possible that they're holding off on sending out the invoices until they see what happens with that.

As for the Berg cap, I bought one and I think it looks great.

Mike (torquewrench1907) and I are talking about putting together a caravan from Austin to Terlingua early on the 25th. Houston to Terlinuga would be about a 9 to 10 hour drive, so I'm planning on driving up to Austin the night before and then meeting up with Mike to finish the drive (it'll only be 6 or 7 hours from Austin). Since I'll be doing all of the driving for my car, I won't be as tired when I get there as I would be if I drove straight from Houston.

post-11147-1214147604.jpg

post-11147-1214147604.jpg

oilbleak

Your right the gas cap looks great! I will be buying one later in the week.

Thanks for the information. It would be great if Amy can lower the price but if not that’s cool. This is a once in a life time event for me so I am going either way. Thanks again and look forward to meeting you in Terlingua.

Chris

Hi all y'all (gotta practice my southern talk before the event).

For the Birthday Bash, I posted a list of known attendees in the public forums. While done with the intention that people could contact each other for sharing plans, this list and others like it may have contributed to the success of the party crashers for that event. So I will try a different approach this time.

I will maintain a list similar to the one that Mr. Farmdog created for the BB. It will have contact info like e-mail addresses and phone numbers. However it will never be publicly posted but instead be forwarded to those that can pass a simple vetting process (TS member, known to Sharon/Robert, etc.). This will serve the purpose of allowing coordination of activities among attendees without giving those who aren't paid attendees information that they can use to assume our identities. When I went to the BB dinner, my ID badge wasn't there at the check in table because someone was able to recite my real name and screen name to get the badge. This process should minimize some of that sort of business from happening.

I have already accumulated a list of probable attendees from posters on a couple of threads. About half of us on the list were at the BB so I already have their info (name, phone, e-mail, city, etc.). If you would like v1.0 (it is surely going to change), PM me with an e-mail address and, after a short background check and required 10 day California mandated cooling off period :hysterical: , I will send you the list. If you find an error, want included info excluded, want missing info included, have suggestions for improving the format, or want to tutor me to speak fluent Texan, send me a PM and will do my best to honor your requests. If you think this whole thing is a horrible idea, let me know about that as well and we can discuss alternate strategies for keeping in touch with each other. For the BB, lists like this really made the events before "The" event possible and helped create unforgettable experiences and forge lasting friendships. If my PM in-box gets overheated, I will probably post a personal e-mail account that can used and abused.

Let the fun begin, before the bills start rolling in.

Tony

Good job Tony and the all!w we are working hard to get the sponsors, I think we will and in turn will pass the saving on to those who signup in the next few days or have already signed up. We ar SAI will still be paying for the saturday bash, so we are looking good for a small discount, tough year for sponsors, but we have some good ones

Amy

Wow! Amy read my post and thinks I'm doing a good job :wub: . Thanks, Amy. :mademyday: We will try to keep it on the down low so that you can skip the "Sorry we ran out of food" speech for some other event. Even if we get a discount, that probably won't go over as well as it did for the BB. You can use the time to send well earned kudos to your staff and sponsors and not waste it lecturing the party crashers.

I've already updated the list with new incoming info so v1.1 is completely obsolete and incompatible with earlier versions (maybe I could go to work for Microsoft :unsure: ). I'll keep track of who has requested the list and provided me with info and automagically send them an updated one at the start of each month. So, an auto update on July 1ish, August 1ish and September 1ish, then more frequent updates through September (weekly?) as the situation dictates. People probably won't be added, but personal info and guest names may change, if we can go by the BB experience.

Isn't it September yet?

Tony

Hi all y'all (gotta practice my southern talk before the event).

Tony

Tony,

The contact list sounds like a good idea - I'll PM you with my contact info. Don't worry, we Southern Folk understand that you Northern Yankees can't speak proper English but just to help you out with your southern talk: it's "y'all" if you're only addressing a handfull of people or a single person [i.e. "Y'all come over here and hold my beer, I got a biggin'."] and "all ya'll" if you're addressing a large crowd or forum [i.e. "All y'all need to simmer down!"]. Acceptable alternate spellings include "ya'll" and "yawl" (it really depends on which part of the South the speaker is from). Of course, that goes out the window when you get into East Texas - no one has been able to understand them folks enough to figure out what they're saying, much less how to spell it. :)

Matt

Mike (torquewrench1907) and I are talking about putting together a caravan from Austin to Terlingua early on the 25th. Houston to Terlinuga would be about a 9 to 10 hour drive, so I'm planning on driving up to Austin the night before and then meeting up with Mike to finish the drive (it'll only be 6 or 7 hours from Austin). Since I'll be doing all of the driving for my car, I won't be as tired when I get there as I would be if I drove straight from Houston.

We are in! Hopefully that will not change.

Matt, you guys can pick us up in San Antonio on your way down 35. We're planning on spending the night with one of the kids to make for a shorter drive to Terlingua on the 25th.

I'm in, I think. I got an email thanking me for my application and they said they were verifying my stuff at Team Shelby and would get back to me within 24 to 48 hours. That was Thursday. No word as of yet. Does anyone have anything more firm than this?

In my confirmation e-mail, they asked that Paypal info, to process payment, be sent to Samantha at Bullrun.

Samantha.jpg

She seems trustworthy.

They just want an email address you want the Paypal invoice sent - you shouldn't need to provide any actual Paypal account data.

Matt

Archived