TEAM SHELBY FORUM

White Beauty

Piccola

When refering to light you are correct. Black is the absense of any color and white is the sum of all colors. However if you are talking pigments (i.e. paint), black is the sum of all colors and white is the absence of any color. Take your kid's crayons and color the same area with each crayon. What do you get? Black.

Now on to the subject the of the hottest color. Using light from a star, scientists determine the surface temperature. The hottest stars are blue, followed by white, yellow, orange, red.

Thus Blue is the hottest color too. :)

Now to truely determine what color is the fastest, one would have to know which color paint job weighs the least. Since white has no pigment, I would say it weghs the least. All things being equal a White SGT would be lighter and thus faster than the other colors. However, this is countered by the fact that all things being equal, people attracted to blue have quicker reaction times than others. Thus in a 1/4 mile race they would have the advantage. Where did I read this? Well I took a piece of paper and wrote it down. Then I read it.

Sorry it's a boring day in Iraq today (thank you God).

The BLUE one, like mine, was so far out in front even the driver of the white Shelby GT couldn't see it!!!!

And that was with the top down too!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Actually, the white one had already run circles around you once and was coming at you a second time!!!!

OK...I think I should give up on this now... :hysterical:

Where did I read this? Well I took a piece of paper and wrote it down. Then I read it.

Which I'm sure is a most credible source! ;) Or you could just get one in each color! That way you know for certain you have the fastest color. :yup: Thanks for an entertaining start to my day.

And...a BIG thanks for all you do for our country!!!

Get home safe & God bless,

MJ

I'll jump in here too... I picked up my new 2008 SGT convertible over Father's Day weekend in Clearwater, FL. Made for a nice Father's Day weekend at the beach. Anyway, while at the dealer on Saturday, I got some wheel locks and wanted to get touch up paint to have on hand. However, I was told by the parts department (and by four other dealers I called) that they only stocked black and white paint because those were the more common Ford colors or "safe" colors... so I had to order my Vista Blue Clearcoat Metallic. Remember, Henry Ford's original mantra, in producing a car for the masses, was that you can have it in any color you want... as long as it's black.

You've got to admit the blue and silver color combo is sharp and immediately draws to mind the classic blue 427 Cobra with silver LeMans stripes. That combo screams "Shelby".

My new ride:

post-14757-1213759228.jpg

Yes, it's easy to pick out the SGT in a crowd. I mean this all in good fun... I was seriously looking at a White 2007 SGT coupe with the Parchment (Tan) interior... very sharp combination. You don't see those with the Tan interior very often and I imagine they might command some money some day since there didn't seem to be as many produced.

Thats one sexy ride you have there. I don't know that much about them but thats sexy. Good find bro.

When refering to light you are correct. Black is the absense of any color and white is the sum of all colors. However if you are talking pigments (i.e. paint), black is the sum of all colors and white is the absence of any color. Take your kid's crayons and color the same area with each crayon. What do you get? Black.

Now on to the subject the of the hottest color. Using light from a star, scientists determine the surface temperature. The hottest stars are blue, followed by white, yellow, orange, red.

Thus Blue is the hottest color too. :)

Now to truely determine what color is the fastest, one would have to know which color paint job weighs the least. Since white has no pigment, I would say it weghs the least. All things being equal a White SGT would be lighter and thus faster than the other colors. However, this is countered by the fact that all things being equal, people attracted to blue have quicker reaction times than others. Thus in a 1/4 mile race they would have the advantage. Where did I read this? Well I took a piece of paper and wrote it down. Then I read it.

ok we're getting a lil too scientific here.

Actually, the white one had already run circles around you once and was coming at you a second time!!!!

OK...I think I should give up on this now... :hysterical:

ILMOR -

OK...I have to admit, I was laughing when I was typing my reply yesterday about being too far out in front for the White one to see the Blue one with the top down...then I read your reply about being on the second lap!!!

It took me 5 minutes to quit laughing enough to be able to type this reply!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

If white doesn't win for the fastest, its driver definitely wins the humor award (aka. the "class clown")!!!

Thanks for the laugh after a tough day at work!

Andy.

Archived