TEAM SHELBY FORUM

White Beauty

Piccola

Hello all! I'm relatively new to this forum and had no intention of posting...until a few days ago. I've seen Shelby GT's at car shows and in personal garages, but I've never seen one on the road while driving. In truth, I'm embarrassed to admit that if I did see one, I didn't know if I'd even recognize it as a Shelby or mistaken it for a GT mustang. :unsure:

Well, I was driving along the 202 in AZ, when a white car w/stripe & hood scoop caught my eye in the rear view mirror. I didn't have to look twice to know it was a Shelby GT, & as it whipped past my car, I sped up to see if it was our friend ChipBeck's white one. :D It wasn't, but I tried to keep up as long as I could. The white looks absolutely fantastic on these cars, & whether or not the hood scoop had imperfections, when she's flying down the road everything about her looks PERFECT and beautiful! It clearly stood out from the other cars on the road & I'm thrilled that I finally had the chance to see one in action. :happy feet: Just wanted to share that experience with you.

MJ

Hello all! I'm relatively new to this forum and had no intention of posting...until a few days ago. I've seen Shelby GT's at car shows and in personal garages, but I've never seen one on the road while driving. In truth, I'm embarrassed to admit that if I did see one, I didn't know if I'd even recognize it as a Shelby or mistaken it for a GT mustang. :unsure:

Well, I was driving along the 202 in AZ, when a white car w/stripe & hood scoop caught my eye in the rear view mirror. I didn't have to look twice to know it was a Shelby GT, & as it whipped past my car, I sped up to see if it was our friend ChipBeck's white one. :D It wasn't, but I tried to keep up as long as I could. The white looks absolutely fantastic on these cars, & whether or not the hood scoop had imperfections, when she's flying down the road everything about her looks PERFECT and beautiful! It clearly stood out from the other cars on the road & I'm thrilled that I finally had the chance to see one in action. :happy feet: Just wanted to share that experience with you.

MJ

Glad to see that you got a chance to see it, if it was a black one,I'm not sure that you would've gotten a chance to see....it's just too fast!!!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical:

Thank you for recognizing the beauty and swiftness of the white SGT. Pay no attention to those who try to promote the black Shelbys!!! They are confused, those poor guys. :(

Thank you for recognizing the beauty and swiftness of the white SGT. Pay no attention to those who try to promote the black Shelbys!!! They are confused, those poor guys. :(

Someone is a little delerious :yup: It's obvious that the black SGT is the quicker, more nimble car!!! :speedie:

As the owner of a white SGT I must thank you for your wonderful compliment, although I think the black SGT's are quite nice as well........unfortunately I only ever see them in my rearview mirror :)

Rearview mirror??? Wow, I think that owners of white SGT's are getting some kind of syndrome??? Are you guys ok? My exhaust fumes must be getting to you!!! :speedie:

Rearview mirror??? Wow, I think that owners of white SGT's are getting some kind of syndrome??? Are you guys ok? My exhaust fumes must be getting to you!!! :speedie:

You guys are funny. LOL! Am I wrong in assuming these comments are coming from the lovely male species? :rolleyes: Put a decent driver behind the wheel, Whipple it up, & I don't care what color your car is, it'll leave many others in the dust. :speedie: I've never seen a "Black Beauty" in the flesh. I doubt there are any black Shelbys in AZ due to the intense heat, but I'll keep my eye out for them at local shows. Whatever the color, they look great when parked, but even better at speeds.

MJ (Mary Jo)

MJ

had you looked further back in your mirrior ..........a mile or so behind the white one, you probably would of seen a black one as well. J/K (I wish I could afford one of each) :slapfight:

LOL ??Just what are you implying here??

I meant nothing negative & hope I haven't offended anyone. You know, men (generalizing here) like to have bigger, stronger, & faster toys than their comrades. I have several good buddies on the Ford GT forum that spend a lot of time arguing why their "color" GT is the fastest. I wasn't expecting that on here, so when the posts started, I couldn't help but laugh. :) I haven't seen a color I don't like yet - white, black, blue, & everything in between - & am very glad they are not all the same color.

Gentlemen (and lady),

Black and white SGTs are so last year :D

and soon....so will the '08's be...... :hysterical:

Just got back from a 600 mile road trip in my SGT. One day on the road, about 5 thumbs up and many more lurking cars checking the car out. It really is a very great looking car. Sucked us all right in. I also think that the lines will remain classic over time. It was my brothers first long trip in the car, he got used to the car after about 100 miles and really had a great time as well. Have fun with these cars they are a kick! Cheers!

I meant nothing negative & hope I haven't offended anyone. You know, men (generalizing here) like to have bigger, stronger, & faster toys than their comrades. I have several good buddies on the Ford GT forum that spend a lot of time arguing why their "color" GT is the fastest. I wasn't expecting that on here, so when the posts started, I couldn't help but laugh. :) I haven't seen a color I don't like yet - white, black, blue, & everything in between - & am very glad they are not all the same color.

No offense taken....just having fun here. We're all friends on this forum. So what if the Black SGT's are faster, hotter, and sleeker than their White counterparts? :yup:

I feel compelled to address several issues.

First, Black is not a color. Rather it is the absence of color.

Second, Black and White are so last year. Rather Black and White are so original. Blue was the second year color. And just like racing, second place is just the first loser.

Third, and finally, the title of the thread is White Beauty. That is a redundant statement.

Second, Black and White are so last year. Rather Black and White are so original. Blue was the second year color. And just like racing, second place is just the first loser.

Third, and finally, the title of the thread is White Beauty. That is a redundant statement.

I'll jump in here too... I picked up my new 2008 SGT convertible over Father's Day weekend in Clearwater, FL. Made for a nice Father's Day weekend at the beach. Anyway, while at the dealer on Saturday, I got some wheel locks and wanted to get touch up paint to have on hand. However, I was told by the parts department (and by four other dealers I called) that they only stocked black and white paint because those were the more common Ford colors or "safe" colors... so I had to order my Vista Blue Clearcoat Metallic. Remember, Henry Ford's original mantra, in producing a car for the masses, was that you can have it in any color you want... as long as it's black.

You've got to admit the blue and silver color combo is sharp and immediately draws to mind the classic blue 427 Cobra with silver LeMans stripes. That combo screams "Shelby".

My new ride:

post-14757-1213759228.jpg

Yes, it's easy to pick out the SGT in a crowd. I mean this all in good fun... I was seriously looking at a White 2007 SGT coupe with the Parchment (Tan) interior... very sharp combination. You don't see those with the Tan interior very often and I imagine they might command some money some day since there didn't seem to be as many produced.

Matt-

Nice picture! That's the same shade of blue as the GT500's, right? I have 2 friends w/GT500's that color & it's absolutely stunning! First time I saw it in person in the sun I was in awe. I also love the midnight blue of the Ford GT & the blue of some of the Vipers, but other than those, blue isn't for "me" on a car. With that said, I was pleasantly surprised by the shade Ford picked out for these cars.

Everyone views the colors differently, & of course, everyone is (or should be) partial to the one they chose. For me w/the 3 colors mentioned, a more vintage look is the white, the black is very stealthy, & the blue is modern-looking & very "sharp".

MJ

Very good points!!

DSC00353.jpg

Everyone views the colors differently, & of course, everyone is (or should be) partial to the one they chose. For me w/the 3 colors mentioned, a more vintage look is the white, the black is very stealthy, & the blue is modern-looking & very "sharp".

MJ

Ok...I can agree with you now!!! Well stated.

I don't know if it is that time of the year, every four years, or MJ is just a politician. She managed to say something nice about every color and offend no one. She must be running for office!

However, while I like classic White look I would absolutely love to have a Blue SGT convertible.

MJ

Piccola,

It's good to see you on here. Many TS members have already met MJ at various Ford GT functions. For those of you who haven't, she is a hard-core car girl with tremendous knowledge and is a hell of a driver to boot. She does have a downside at automobile functions however. When 30 year old, big brown eye'd hardbody MJ is meandering around, it's hard to concentrate on the cars!!

Chip

Matt-

Nice picture! That's the same shade of blue as the GT500's, right? I have 2 friends w/GT500's that color & it's absolutely stunning! First time I saw it in person in the sun I was in awe. I also love the midnight blue of the Ford GT & the blue of some of the Vipers, but other than those, blue isn't for "me" on a car. With that said, I was pleasantly surprised by the shade Ford picked out for these cars.

MJ

MJ, we all love our cars, no matter what color it is..your right about that, but it's nice to hear from the female side sometimes too...Thanks for posting...and all our hits on each other about the fastest color are all taken in stride as we are all friends on here...hope to see you pose, er post some more in the future :D

Now what color is the ribbon you get for coming 1st place? Is it black? No. White? No that's not it. Orange? Nope. Oh yeah now I remember. The person that wins the race get a Blue ribbon. Blue. The color of a winner

:D

That's correct!! Therefore, the Performance White Shelby GT gets the blue ribbon!!! :happy feet:

had you looked further back in your mirrior ..........a mile or so behind the white one, you probably would of seen a black one as well. J/K (I wish I could afford one of each) :slapfight:

The BLUE one, like mine, was so far out in front even the driver of the white Shelby GT couldn't see it!!!!

And that was with the top down too!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Archived