TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shipping details

BadTony

Once a car is released from plant, what is the shipping process for a car going to a So California Ford dealership? What if any status milestones are tracked?

I think it's a requirement for the car to sit in the lot for a minimum of 2 week, :doh: then get loaded on a transport truck where it will visit all 48 lower States :sos: before being driving off the transport at the wrong angle - gouging the heck out of the front and/or rear air dam! :rant:

Sorry, I thought we can all use a bit of humor here. Seems like it's gotten kinda' tense around the board recently!

If I knew the anwer, I would tell you. All I know is that I live 25 miles from the plant and I can't pick up the car myself. It has to go to a lot somewhere, transfer to a different transport then go the the dealer which is 180 miles away. Total estimate: 5-10 days. You may get your's quicker if it goes right on the rail car.

I think it's a requirement for the car to sit in the lot for a minimum of 2 week, :doh: then get loaded on a transport truck where it will visit all 48 lower States :sos: before being driving off the transport at the wrong angle - gouging the heck out of the front and/or rear air dam! :rant:

Sorry, I thought we can all use a bit of humor here. Seems like it's gotten kinda' tense around the board recently!

Now, thats funny! :hysterical:

:wacko:

Once a car is released from plant, what is the shipping process for a car going to a So California Ford dealership? What if any status milestones are tracked?

Your car should be coming on Union Pacific to California. If you can obtain a rail car number, I'll help you find it.

Hey guys,

I called customer service this morning, and found that my car has been shipped via truck. Now we all know that customer service can't give us any info on this other than status... So is there any way, I can find out how to track progress on my Shelby? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Theresa :wacko:

Your car should be coming on Union Pacific to California. If you can obtain a rail car number, I'll help you find it.

Fastbackman- Can you provide any insight on cars heading to the mid-atlantic region? My car was "released from plant" on 8/28, but neither Ford CS nor my dealer have any idea where it is in the process. My dealer is located in Newark, Delaware.

I heard Ford had to write a procedure On how to load a Shelby & then train all delivery personnel, this caused a shipping backlog. Now any cars shipped by rail including all Mustangs were on hold,as Ford is writing a procedure on how to fasten cars to carhaulers due to the recent damage to 18 Mustangs &3 Shelby`s :hysterical:

Here is your link

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp

or google uprr and vehicle

You do need to have the railcar number and this will only track the vehicle if it is in the Union Pacific system.

Who can I get the rail car # from, the sales manager doen't know, I impersonnated him to VOPC & they dodn't have it either, only that it was at ramp #34 final ramp, loaded 9/10, should be "at my dealership" within the next couple of days. I need the specifics ya know!!

Trains Suck.

My GT is on a rail car somewhere between Flat Rock and who knows where.

It's scheduled for delivery "week of"...BS.

You can track a :censored: ing DVD delivery from UPS or FedEx every step of the way.

I may have to squeeze someone real hard very soon if this car doesn't arrive very soon.

Who can I get the rail car # from, the sales manager doen't know, I impersonnated him to VOPC & they dodn't have it either, only that it was at ramp #34 final ramp, loaded 9/10, should be "at my dealership" within the next couple of days. I need the specifics ya know!!

If it is at the final ramp you do not need to track the railcar since it is probably no longer on the railcar.

If the sales manager cannot pull up shipping info in CONCEPTS then he probably does not have access to the system. Try asking the inventory manager for the info. It takes all of five minutes even if you have a slow connection.

If it is at the final ramp you do not need to track the railcar since it is probably no longer on the railcar.

If the sales manager cannot pull up shipping info in CONCEPTS then he probably does not have access to the system. Try asking the inventory manager for the info. It takes all of five minutes even if you have a slow connection.

Thanks! I just e-mailed the sales person, will see what happens.? I cannot take it too much longer.

Archived