TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 spoiler install

I Have completed my Gt500 spoiler install !! just for reference the parts i have used were:

Genuine ford factory Gt500 spoiler (no re-pops for this toy) $286.00

Paint and clearcoat (Avalon body shop) Rickardsville IA $125.00

Graphics express silver spoiler stripes part K116-W8-SL $47.80

my labor and patience FREE

In my belief results were awesome !! :happy feet:

DSC02209.jpg

check out my photo bucket site to see detailed pics of the install !!

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii104/0...iafilter=images

I met a guy at a car show that had his done, his is the black one. he said he ruined a pair of stripes trying to line them up then finally hired the work out. My advise: just follow my pic procedures and you should have no problem. I got it right first try no problems or anything unexpected. The hardest part of the whole install was waiting the 30 days for the paint to cure. fine line tape works miracles !! and of course a measuring tape.

DSC02118.jpg

DSC02233.jpg

I met a guy at a car show that had his done, his is the black one. he said he ruined a pair of stripes trying to line them up then finally hired the work out. My advise: just follow my pic procedures and you should have no problem. I got it right first try no problems or anything unexpected. The hardest part of the whole install was waiting the 30 days for the paint to cure. fine line tape works miracles !! and of course a measuring tape.

DSC02233.jpg

Just wondering where you got your Hurst emblems at....Those look cool

Oh, the spoiler looks GREAT too! I got mine from Spoiler Express...not FORD, already painted, for a lot less money than what Ford wanted and it was a perfect match...I also striped mine on the car, it was a little harder, but easier as far as I was concerned...

Just wondering where you got your Hurst emblems at....Those look cool

Oh, the spoiler looks GREAT too! I got mine from Spoiler Express...not FORD, already painted, for a lot less money than what Ford wanted and it was a perfect match...I also striped mine on the car, it was a little harder, but easier as far as I was concerned...

The Hurst emblems i bought through jegs, I think they were around $15.00 ea

The reason i personally went with a ford factory part is because i wanted fit, finish and overall quality.

The factory spoiler also comes with a template that is dead nuts on when applied, there is no guesswork. I guess in my own mind i didnt want to take a chance on screwing up or having a part that fit any different than the GT500 factory part. I realize a lot of people will probably say i could have saved a ton of money on a painted spoiler, this i know !! i found several on ebay for $99.00,and painted!! but in my head, all is right, all is correct. finish is perfect, and Im super happy with the outcome. The money just didnt come into play on my decision to do it right.

If i would of taken a shortcut i would have probably lost sleep and been guilt ridden !!

I Have completed my Gt500 spoiler install !! just for reference the parts i have used were:

Looks great! Glad to see a fellow Iowan doing nice work. The Hurst emblem looks good too!

Dave

I just wanted to say thanks to all those that did the brainwork, the footwork, and the tireless searching

of the web for the info i found here easily.

I highly recommend the stripes from graphix express, they are about as perfect match as youll ever find.

I know some people were worried about trimming the stripes. NOT a problem, what i did was turned over the extra table leafs that way i had a HARD SMOOTH Surface in which to cut, used a T square and a new razor blade and whoolah!! perfect cut !! Just remember to cut the outer edge, Not the inner, because these stripes are precut to fit the GT500 spoiler. I think they come shipped to you at 12 " wide.

DSC02182.jpg

DSC02235.jpg

DSC02209.jpg

Thank to all that helped me, Hoping that i can help someone else.

$50.00 for a membership is cheap for this wealth of info from this site

Team Shelby Rocks !!!!

Please allow me to give you the supreme compliment. Never before have I wished to live in Iowa. But if I lived in Iowa I would pay you to do the job for me rather than going to a dealer. Perfection! Congratulations!

Thank you so much for the nice comments and compliments.

Take a trip to Dyersville Iowa and visit the movie site "Field of dreams", then take about a 15 mile detour and i'll help you for free!! I just love to work on these cars !!

I however spend more time pondering things then actually modding, believe me when i say if it doesnt

feel right, it doesnt happen. I am planning my Shelby gauge install, should be starting it about thursday,

im still in the info and research stage.

Ryan

Thank you so much for the nice comments and compliments.

Take a trip to Dyersville Iowa and visit the movie site "Field of dreams", then take about a 15 mile detour and i'll help you for free!! I just love to work on these cars !!

I however spend more time pondering things then actually modding, believe me when i say if it doesnt

feel right, it doesnt happen. I am planning my Shelby gauge install, should be starting it about thursday,

im still in the info and research stage.

Ryan

Ryan,

It sounds like you're about 90 miles up the road from me. When the water goes down I'd like to get together and take a cruise some weekend.

Dave

• 7 months later...

DSC02209.jpg

check out my photo bucket site to see detailed pics of the install !!

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii104/0...iafilter=images

Looks great! Thanks for sharing your procedure, including all the photos. I recently bought a new genuine Ford factory GT500 spoiler from KC at Clevenger Ford, on ebay. It was a Buy It Now purchase for 199.95, plus 17.41 shipping. However, using an ebay coupon code for 8% off, it only cost me $201.36 shipped! KC still has two available at the $199.95 price, so if you were thinking about purchasing one now's the time. It comes with the needed hardware (4 nuts), instructions and template.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-07-08...A1%7C240%3A1318

-Steve

I just wanted to say thanks to all those that did the brainwork, the footwork, and the tireless searching

of the web for the info i found here easily.

I highly recommend the stripes from graphix express, they are about as perfect match as youll ever find.

I know some people were worried about trimming the stripes. NOT a problem, what i did was turned over the extra table leafs that way i had a HARD SMOOTH Surface in which to cut, used a T square and a new razor blade and whoolah!! perfect cut !! Just remember to cut the outer edge, Not the inner, because these stripes are precut to fit the GT500 spoiler. I think they come shipped to you at 12 " wide.

DSC02182.jpg

DSC02235.jpg

DSC02209.jpg

Thank to all that helped me, Hoping that i can help someone else.

$50.00 for a membership is cheap for this wealth of info from this site

Team Shelby Rocks !!!!

Very nice!!! ...and $125 to shoot and clear-coat is a steal too!

Archived