TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ETA of 9/7!!!

Snakehead

I spoke to Jenna at Ford Customer Service this morning. According to Ford, my car was "Released from Plant" last Friday and has an ETA at dealer (Newark, Delaware) for tomorrow. :happy feet:

She said "it might be there today or it might not get there until Friday." After I regained conciousness, I called my dealer. Naturally, my dealer has no idea when my car will be arriving but said they would track it down and get back to me. With the PSDS levels at a new high, I can see that the next few days are not going to be very productive at work. If I don't get some verification soon, somebody better put a net under my window before I jump. :kuko:

I spoke to Jenna at Ford Customer Service this morning. According to Ford, my car was "Released from Plant" last Friday and has an ETA at dealer (Newark, Delaware) for tomorrow. :happy feet:

She said "it might be there today or it might not get there until Friday." After I regained conciousness, I called my dealer. Naturally, my dealer has no idea when my car will be arriving but said they would track it down and get back to me. With the PSDS levels at a new high, I can see that the next few days are not going to be very productive at work. If I don't get some verification soon, somebody better put a net under my window before I jump. :kuko:

Don't let the dealer wash it, as they will rub the rail car dust all into the paint.

Grats on the g-ride, hope it gets there tomorrow.

Let us know if the dealer tries to ADM your car.

Well, about 2 to 3 weeks ago I was given an ETA to dealer of between 31 Aug and 7 Sept. Then I found out about the clutch problems, and am now told to give it 14-21 days from yesterday. So, I will see it when I see it and I truly hope yours comes in as expected.

Theresa :wacko:

I spoke to Jenna at Ford Customer Service this morning. According to Ford, my car was "Released from Plant" last Friday and has an ETA at dealer (Newark, Delaware) for tomorrow.

She said "it might be there today or it might not get there until Friday." After I regained conciousness, I called my dealer. Naturally, my dealer has no idea when my car will be arriving but said they would track it down and get back to me. With the PSDS levels at a new high, I can see that the next few days are not going to be very productive at work. If I don't get some verification soon, somebody better put a net under my window before I jump.

Welcome to the "Released from the Plant" club 'Snakehead'.

JB

Welcome to the "Released from the Plant" club 'Snakehead'.

JB

How about me...when will I get admitted to the "there's some iron ore in a cupola waiting to be smelted so we can make some sheetmetal so it can be bent in various shapes and painted a fancy color around an engine and a bunch of seats and other upholstery" club? :rant:

Oh crap, I'm starting to sound like rpretzel...but that's my first whining in over a month.

Dave

Let us know if the dealer tries to ADM your car.

I cut my deal in writing back in March of 2005 for a $3k ADM, which I can live with. Interestingly, my salesman informed me yesterday that the dealership recently purchased at least one GT500 from another dealer at $10k over MSRP and they are looking to auction the car. It looks like pricing may be tight for a little while longer when you have reputable dealers (my dealer has been a straight shooter so far) buying these cars at $10k over retail.

In any event, I'll keep the forum apprised of when the car arrives. The suspense is killing me, although I must say I like going from the "I have a VIN Club" to the "Released from Plant Club." :bandance:

I'm also in the "My Insurance Company is F***ing me Club" at an add'l $1,900 per year, which isn't quite as exciting. :banghead:

Well, about 2 to 3 weeks ago I was given an ETA to dealer of between 31 Aug and 7 Sept. Then I found out about the clutch problems, and am now told to give it 14-21 days from yesterday. So, I will see it when I see it and I truly hope yours comes in as expected.

Theresa :wacko:

FYI, I spoke with Ralph at SVT and the latest is this: Cars were checked for a slipping clutch, all cars checked out and shipments are behind schedule. My car was due at the dealer 9/04 and just got released from striping yesterday. Ralph said to expect the car at the dealer 9/15. The dealer is only 180 miles away so it's also a truck delivery, rails will be longer. "Released from Plant" does not mean the car is ready to ship. If you got stripes, it then goes to the striping plant then to the shipping point. I would anticipate your car a little later than you were told. Good luck

FYI, I spoke with Ralph at SVT and the latest is this: Cars were checked for a slipping clutch, all cars checked out and shipments are behind schedule. My car was due at the dealer 9/04 and just got released from striping yesterday. Ralph said to expect the car at the dealer 9/15. The dealer is only 180 miles away so it's also a truck delivery, rails will be longer. "Released from Plant" does not mean the car is ready to ship. If you got stripes, it then goes to the striping plant then to the shipping point. I would anticipate your car a little later than you were told. Good luck

What is Ralph's last name? I want to get status from him on my car, please.

Guest evilchris

I believe Tim misspoke. What he meant to say is don't smoke the tires the first 5000 feet. :hysterical:

No, he meant smoke the tires *for* 5,000 feet while leaving the dealership!

What is Ralph's last name? I want to get status from him on my car, please.

I do not know Ralph's last name. His number is 734-782-7800. I also just spoke to the Ford Regional Rep. he indicated my car was "in transit", meaning it is waiting to go on a truck for the dealer. Getting closer :party:

Archived