TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BONESTAR Ford - Too funny

Hey all, new member, long time lurker...

I just thought I'd give my first hand impression of LONESTAR Ford, as I live in Houston, and have had the (dis)pleasure of dealing with them first hand.

Cars I have owned:

93 5.0 Lx

99 Cobra

01 Cobra

04 Cobra - current ride

I actually bought my first Cobra from Bonestar, but that was a blood pressure rising event above anything I have ever experienced. I pre-negotiated the cost I would pay, they agreed to it, and then my car arrived after a nice long wait. When I got to the dealership, did all the paperwork to a certain point then the salesman was like "Hey the finance guys are really tied up right now, but this is a done deal, just take the car and we'll get it all squared away in the tomorrow". At that time based on my credit I was assured an 8% - 9.5% rate on the car, tops.

Being naive and believing the best of the salesman who up until that point had been pretty easy to deal with, I went home in my new Cobra with a big smile on my face... all was well, or so I thought. The next day I get a call from the guy and he starts off the conversation with "Are you sitting down?" to which I responded "I don't need to, what's up?" He then says "Well we put your paperwork through, and the best rate possible we could get you was 16%" :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I shot back "Well I hope you enjoy selling a used Cobra, I'm going to melt the tires on this thing all the way back to your lot and drop it off. Give me the agreed upon financing rate or you can take this thing and shove it." He was like "Let me go talk to my 'management team'". He then comes back and says "Good news, they said they could do 13%" I said "Stop trying to screw me and give me what was agreed upon" He keeps putting down the phone and dancing between the invisible 'screw the customer' crew and me and amazingly my rate keeps dropping.

I finally got fed up and said "You know what? I'm going to do this, take it or leave it. I'm going to drive this car, without having signed or agreed to anything and find my own financing (it was Tuesday at the time) by the end of the week, if I can't find better or what I agreed to pay you can have this car back and I am filing with the Better Business Beareau and doing anything else in my power to spread the word on what kind of a shady dealership you are". I then went to my bank and they gave me 7% instantly.

Lonestar = CROOKS

I called them on a whim, just to laugh, when I was shopping for my 2004 Cobra and they offered me the sweet deal of $8000 over sticker.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I bought it from Leif Johnson Ford in Austin, TX for 32,5000 + tt&l. Sticker was 36,500, and they didn't try and :censored: me on my trade-in.

So yeah, anything you guys say about LONESTAR FORD is pretty much right on the money. Shadiest of the shady, worst of the worst.

Go ahead and sue me you bone smuggling monkey humpers, there is nothing illegal about telling a TRUE STORY that happened to ME.

:bandance: :bandance:

Grats to all GT500 owners!!!

DC

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People should keep in mind - while not ALL dealers are this bad - most of them are going to be pulling SOME kind of crap on you.

I agree that all dealers are in it to make money, but it's the 'how much' and at 'what expense' they attempt to make it that irks me.

The tug of war with a car price and normal games associated with buying a car are going to be played. WITHIN REASON. But when you experience what I did, and are treated as I was, well.... that's beyond the 'game' and gets more into the 'attempting to screw me without buying me dinner first'.

Money is great, everyone likes to make it, but I would rather make less money and have integrity than make more money and have none at all.

my .02 cents.

:roses:

And what did they say in the other thread, that any exposure is good???

Thanks for the story DC, and welcome to the forum!!!!

I really hope they make an appearance in this thread, although I can guess what will be said.

"We are a fair and honest dealership, I can't believe that would happen here"

Unfortunately, it DID happen, and I am more than happy to share my experiences with anyone that is interested.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guess I just wanted to start things off with a bang. :fan:

Here is their record with the Houston BBB:

Lone Star Ford

Yahoo Map

8477 North Freeway

Houston, TX 77037

The Better Business Bureau reports on members and non-members. Membership in the BBB is voluntary. Members must meet and maintain BBB standards. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report.

Original Business Start Date: 10/01/72

Principal: Michael Roush, General Manager

Phone Number: 281-931-3300

Email Address: michael.roush@lonestarford.com

Web Site Address: www.lonestarford.com

Membership Status: This company is not a BBB member

Type of Business: Auto Dealers-New Cars

Additional Business Names:

Sonic Automotive- Central Division

NATURE OF BUSINESS

This company sells new cars and trucks..

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s).

There have been 561 requests for a reliability report on this company in the past 36 months. Of those, 119 requests were made in the past 12 months.

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

The Bureau processed a total of 15 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 15 complaints in the last 36 months, 1 of those was closed in the past 12 months.

Complaints Concerned

Advertising Issues: 1

Outcome of the complaint -

Administratively Closed: 1

Sales Practice Issues: 6

Outcome of all complaints -

Resolved: 4; Unresolved: 1; Administratively Closed: 1

Service Issues: 3

Resolved: 3

Product Issues: 2

Administratively Closed: 1; No Response: 1

Contract Issues: 1

Resolved: 1

Billing or Collection Issues: 2

Resolved: 2

ADDITIONAL TRADENAMES, ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS

This business also uses the following names, addresses and/or telephone numbers:

(281) 931-3305

This is not necessarily a complete list.

COMPANY MANAGEMENT

Additional company management personnel include:

Roger Elswick, General Manager.

COMPANY ADVERTISING

This company's advertising does not follow BBB Advertising Guidelines. Lone Star Ford has been contacted concerning a claim stating 'best prices'; however, the company never responded. A claim that an advertiser's prices are the lowest or best requires systematic, timely, and ongoing monitoring of all competitors and all products covered by the claim. Due to rapid price fluctuation and the difficulty in knowing all competitors' selling prices at all times, lowest price claims shall not be used. In addition, the Texas Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Commission's guidelines also state that these claims should not be used.

REPORT DATE: 07/31/2006

COPYRIGHT DATE: 2006 BBB of Metropolitan Houston

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service, or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

Six "Sales Practice" issues in the last 3 years. Interesting. :glare: And, BBB complaints are just from those people who were so unsatisfied as to take the time and effort to issue a complaint. What about all those who just walked out angry? I know I've had bad experiences with many companies, but i've never actually filed a complaint with the BBB. I don't think I'm out of the ordinary. Does not bode well for Lone Star.

Six "Sales Practice" issues in the last 3 years. Interesting. :glare: And, BBB complaints are just from those people who were so unsatisfied as to take the time and effort to issue a complaint. What about all those who just walked out angry? I know I've had bad experiences with many companies, but i've never actually filed a complaint with the BBB. I don't think I'm out of the ordinary. Does not bode well for Lone Star.

Yeah, I agree.

I think they need to address each and every complaint in a public forum (or thru BBB and have results posted here) to be credible on this site.

Lone Star Ford

Yahoo Map

8477 North Freeway

Houston, TX 77037

The Better Business Bureau reports on members and non-members. Membership in the BBB is voluntary. Members must meet and maintain BBB standards. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report.

NATURE OF BUSINESS

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s).

There have been 561 requests for a reliability report on this company in the past 36 months. Of those, 119 requests were made in the past 12 months.

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

The Bureau processed a total of 15 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 15 complaints in the last 36 months, 1 of those was closed in the past 12 months.

Complaints Concerned

This business also uses the following names, addresses and/or telephone numbers:

(281) 931-3305

COMPANY MANAGEMENT

COMPANY ADVERTISING

This company's advertising does not follow BBB Advertising Guidelines. Lone Star Ford has been contacted concerning a claim stating 'best prices'; however, the company never responded. A claim that an advertiser's prices are the lowest or best requires systematic, timely, and ongoing monitoring of all competitors and all products covered by the claim. Due to rapid price fluctuation and the difficulty in knowing all competitors' selling prices at all times, lowest price claims shall not be used. In addition, the Texas Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Commission's guidelines also state that these claims should not be used.

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service, or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

`b17drvr

Great, work just proves what everyone has claimed regarding `Lonestar`

Lone Star Ford

Yahoo Map

8477 North Freeway

Houston, TX 77037

NATURE OF BUSINESS

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

Complaints Concerned

(281) 931-3305

COMPANY MANAGEMENT

COMPANY ADVERTISING

STANDARD DISCLAIMER

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's a good bet we will never here from Looniestar again! :wacko:

They obviously never learned three of the most important rules of conducting a business.

#1 The customer is always right

#2 The customer is always right

#3 When in doubt refer to rule #1

Moreover, when you have a business with all glass windows, you shouldn't throw stones!

Lone Star Ford

Yahoo Map

8477 North Freeway

Houston, TX 77037

NATURE OF BUSINESS

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

Complaints Concerned

(281) 931-3305

COMPANY MANAGEMENT

COMPANY ADVERTISING

STANDARD DISCLAIMER

Hey, welcome GC!

I did a search in Whitepages.com and, amazingly, there's only one Michael Roush (Lonestar Ford General Manager) listed in all of Texas! Wonder if he's related to Jack?!

<edit:> I was informed by Ratnacage that Michael Roush is no longer the General Manager of Lonestar Ford, so I thought it appropriate to remove the click-through I had posted here to contact him. Rat didn't mention who the present GM is but I'd guess that's available on the website. If not, he can likely provide contact info if needed.

Also, the BS that you experienced and a whole lot more is covered in this excellent 10-part undercover article commissioned by Edmunds.com that JETSOLVER found: Confessions of a Salesman [/url] It's long but an extremely worthwhile read to get insight on the games dealers play with unsuspecting customers, and how to prevent it.

Welcome GC! ...and thanks for sharing your first hand experience with us.

Thanks, 68. I figure it pretty much sums up my current mental state right now. Thanks Ford!!! I expect the cost of my counseling sessions will be deducted from the price of my Shelby. :hysterical:

just present the salesman with the bill after telling him you need the car prepped right away 'cause you're an avid weapons collector and need the car for some fun with your survivalist militia buddies over the weekend. :hysterical:

Archived