TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4,406 Miles Later

motorjock205

Well, round trip was 4,406 miles from Odessa, Texas all the way to Key West, Florida and back home with a couple of small side trips along the way. The SGT performed flawlessly with the new Steeda Intake Tube on it, gas mileage was incredible considering I was running in the 80 MPH range majority of the time, and we met a lot of very nice people along the way, including both at the Quantum Performance Grand Opening and at Chris' Magic City Mustang show in Miami. Thought I spotted another Black SGT today along I-10 near Junction, TX heading East...looked like it had a CS6 hood on it...don't know if it was anyone on this site or not. Sorry I missed you guys in Houston, we spent last night at Pasadena and Khema, and just made a quick trip through Houston early this morning. Maybe next time!

BTW, just in case anyone has any doubts about the SGT being road worthy, consider this...I'm 51 years old, have arthritis in most of my old joints, but the SGT is really a comfortable car on the road...I didn't have to wrestle it on any roads, it took some pretty good jolts in Louisiana (worst roads on the entire trip), and I don't think she's any worse for wear except for where I ran over the curb when I forgot that there was a curb on the right side of the car...OLD AGE SUCKS!!! LOL Anyway, just a minor scrape on the bottom of the rocker panel...it can be replaced...no big deal I guess...The car is wonderful on the road...don't keep this pony locked up in a stable...she's meant for running...get out there and let the horses run! It'll take you weeks to get the grin off of your face!

Happy Motoring everyone!

:-)

It's what it's all about!

Hey there is another member that also scuffed up his rocker panel. Since they are sold in pairs, pre-painted etc., maybe you guys lucked out and did the opposite sides and split the $99 cost!

Ha Ha, Yeah, I saw that post...no such luck...we both got the right side...Oh well, it's only money!

Hey! You beat me! Our first road trip in the SGT was from Kaufman, TX to SAI in Vegas and then on to the Grand Canyon. We tried to go to the skywalk on the west side but the roads at the GC were horrible. Wound up driving around to the north, more "touristy" side. Once we got back to TX a week later it was only about 3300 miles. Made pretty good time once we hit TX. Got behind a trucker who front doored us at about 95-100 for 4 hours!

This year we tok a road trip from TX to FL cutting from NE to SW across the entire length of the LA. I hated that state but fortunately we were in the Titan this time. Cops were everywhere collecting that random tax.

Archived