TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Window Sticker Question

geetee500

I am trying to convince myself that I will be in the market for a 2008 or 2009 GT500 in the near future.

In my recent searches of dealer inventories, I have seen several 2008 GT500 window stickers that have the following items:

GT500KR package ($210)

3.73 Gear ratio

No Gas Guzzler Tax Charge

What does this mean? I didn't think the 3.73 ratio was available as a option.

Plus, what does the credit for the 500KR package mean?

No Gas Guzzler Tax?

I tried to attach a link to a web page of the window sticker in question, but had no luck. I found the window sticker by searching dealer inventories on the Ford Vehicles website and came across at least 5 or 6 cars like this in my area (Florida).

Thanks

Those are the GT500KR cars.

There will be addendum stickers added to those from SAI which bumps MSRP to $80k+ in addition to the the $20K - $80k ADM dealers are tacking on.

If you noticed, those with the KR package are all one of 4 colors. Silver (which is not available on regular GT500) Black, Vista Blue or Torch Red.

Wow, you mean they are ready to be converted if the new owner decides to do so?

I wondered why I saw so many Silver and Black GT500s with stripe delete.

All of these cars were listed with all of the other Shelbys and their price was in the mid $40's, so it didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary.

Does this mean that you could buy this car for whatever the window sticker says (or whatever the dealer is asking) and NOT pay for the gas guzzler tax? Plus get the 3.73's?

That sounds like a good deal.

Thanks

All of these cars were listed with all of the other Shelbys and their price was in the mid $40's, so it didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary.

Does this mean that you could buy this car for whatever the window sticker says (or whatever the dealer is asking) and NOT pay for the gas guzzler tax? Plus get the 3.73's?

Thanks

No, the dealer is not going to give up his 25-40K ADM. I still think the lottery for the KRs was staged, my dealer had sold several GT500s and didn't get a single KR

If these are KR ready cars, my first thought was, why am I seeing so many (at least 5-6 in my research) of them on the dealer lots?

When I try to go to the specific dealer websites, I can't find any of them that state that they have KR ready Shelbys, just regular GT500s (if they list them at all)

If these are KR ready cars, my first thought was, why am I seeing so many (at least 5-6 in my research) of them on the dealer lots?

When I try to go to the specific dealer websites, I can't find any of them that state that they have KR ready Shelbys, just regular GT500s (if they list them at all)

They're not on the dealer lots. They have technically shipped (and probably appear in dealer inventories) but they were ALL shipped to SAI in Vegas. There they get the KR package applied and then get shipped to the dealer. Only a few have been completed by SAI, and they haven't said if any have actually been shipped to their proper (dealer) destinations.

Thanks

No, you can't buy the cars like that. They are all shipped to SAI straight from Ford and get the KR conversion. Then they get shipped to the dealer.

None of those are actually on the dealer lots. As soon as Ford builds the car at their plant Ford then adds the car to the dealer's inventory. Then it is automatically in their system and it will show up online as if it was in stock even though they are not there yet.

Any mustangs like Saleen and Roush will show up the same way and not list anything about being a Saleen or Roush unless the dealer goes into the system and manually changes it.

Anything built at Ford is listed as it is built there. Anything that goes to another company afterwards will not show up unless the dealer edits it to reflect what it is.

These KR's have been showing up for months now, but SAI just started production on their end so they should start showing up in the week or so.

Hey Shelbydude, I know this is a little off topic, so sorry guys. But when I ordered the GT 500 for my son I was desperately looking for the "smoke" covers or whatever that were on the headlights of the super snake show car. But every place I called said they only made the ones for the regular mustang. Can you tell me whats on the headlights of the blue GT 500 on your signature?

Hey Shelbydude, I know this is a little off topic, so sorry guys. But when I ordered the GT 500 for my son I was desperately looking for the "smoke" covers or whatever that were on the headlights of the super snake show car. But every place I called said they only made the ones for the regular mustang. Can you tell me whats on the headlights of the blue GT 500 on your signature?

Those are static cling. They can be taken on and off as needed.

I got them on ebay

Item number: 230251142129

Archived