TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel Bolts

42ITUS

It looks like one of the bolts is a locking one. I went through the car and was not able to find the key to get it off. Am I way off base here? And if it is a locking bolt, anyone know where I can get something to take it off?

Also, anyone know how I can replace the door sill plaque? Mine is a little scratched. I thought I read that you have to return yours first. Who do I contact regarding this?

It looks like one of the bolts is a locking one. I went through the car and was not able to find the key to get it off. Am I way off base here? And if it is a locking bolt, anyone know where I can get something to take it off?

Also, anyone know how I can replace the door sill plaque? Mine is a little scratched. I thought I read that you have to return yours first. Who do I contact regarding this?

You may want to look under the spare tire in the trunk. On most Hertz cars the small clear vinyl bag was stored in this area along with extra key tag inserts, and in many cases the second remote door opener. The vinyl bag has the locking nut key and the four removed regular lug nuts. hope this helps.

You may want to look under the spare tire in the trunk. On most Hertz cars the small clear vinyl bag was stored in this area along with extra key tag inserts, and in many cases the second remote door opener. The vinyl bag has the locking nut key and the four removed regular lug nuts. hope this helps.

I might be SOL. I looked there too. I'll look again as I kind of just peeked the first time. #007, Nice "James Bond" number.

I might be SOL. I looked there too. I'll look again as I kind of just peeked the first time. #007, Nice "James Bond" number.

GTH298 did not have them installed! I found the unopened white plastic bag 6" x 8", stamped with part number YR33-17A147-BA. It has "Dealer Installation Instructions for Anti-Theft Locking Lug Nuts" printed on it.

BTW, it clearly states to NOT use an Impact Gun to tighten them! If anyone wants a picture, I can put one up later. This plus the second remote and spare keys were still in the glove compartment.

Archived