TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Visor Warning Label

I could not stand the bright yellow airbag warnings on the visor so I made some dye sublimated fabric emblems.

The photos don't do the color matching justice, the emblem matches the visor fabric much closer than in the photo I think the flash on the camera made the contrast greater than it looks in real life.

Andrew

P5190003.jpg

P5190005.jpg

P5190006.jpg

P5190008.jpg

I could not stand the bright yellow airbag warnings on the visor so I made some dye sublimated fabric emblems.

The photos don't do the color matching justice, the emblem matches the visor fabric much closer than in the photo I think the flash on the camera made the contrast greater than it looks in real life.

Andrew

Looks good for sure - much easier on the eye than those bright yellow things.

Hey, isnt that warning tag similar to the tags on pillows, chairs, mattresses, etc - removal is punishable by law? :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Yep..........very nice job there

and also You could make up some with 'Caution: Ejection seat armed...do not touch stereo' for the passengers visor...lol

seriously...tho

lookin good Andrew..!!!!!

You might be on the verge of a new business for yourself....

:)

Looks good for sure - much easier on the eye than those bright yellow things.

Hey, isnt that warning tag similar to the tags on pillows, chairs, mattresses, etc - removal is punishable by law? :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Page,

The local sheriff and his deputies drive Dodge Chargers and they gotta catch me first !!! and that ain't gonna happen but if they do I guess I am going to the pokey :angry22:

Andrew

Those are very cool, Andrew!!!

How did you do that? Did you print on special peel-away adhesive-backed fabric or did you prep, print and spray the back with adhesive yourself somehow? What dye-sub did you use -- looks great!! I've played with ink-jet prining on receptive fabric and with transfers but not sye-subs ...just curious :)

Btw, welcome to the site!

Those are very cool, Andrew!!!

How did you do that? Did you print on special peel-away adhesive-backed fabric or did you prep, print and spray the back with adhesive yourself somehow? What dye-sub did you use -- looks great!! I've played with ink-jet prining on receptive fabric and with transfers but not sye-subs ...just curious :)

Btw, welcome to the site!

The company I work for (A-B Emblem) manufactures embroidered patches, emblems and insignia. We also got into dye sublimation printing for emblems whose detail was too small or photographs, were embroidery just can't be done. We use an Epson printers with dye sublimation inks from a company called Sawgrass(in Charleston SC). We print to a transfer paper in reverse image and then using a heat press you can transfer it to anything made out of polyester, mouse pads, coated coffee mugs, etc.. and in this case polyester twill. We than laminate it to a permanent pressure sensitive called Flexon ( as you said basically a peel-away adhesive). Dye sublimation is much better than screen printing, no fading or rubbing off and there is a whole world of things you can do with it. If you have ever sean a kiosk in the mall during Christmas where they take your kids photo and then transfer it onto a coffee mug for a Christmas present for the Grandparents, that is dye sub.

Andrew

Andrew

Great idea! Looks great. I would have put them on upside-down myself... Nice

Andrew

Damn nice good show...

Archived