TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Lift Kit for SS

I tried to find the answer to this but couldn't so I started my 1st New Thread....

The boys with their SS's back MM, Son, ect....

Do you guys have a hood lift kit and if so what one and how's it holding up?

Any pics would be great and your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

-- Keith

Try these they don't put pressure on hood when closing or closed. (Fancy prop)

http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1090

• 1 month later...
I tried to find the answer to this but couldn't so I started my 1st New Thread....

The boys with their SS's back MM, Son, ect....

Do you guys have a hood lift kit and if so what one and how's it holding up?

Any pics would be great and your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

-- Keith

I had talked to SAI about adding the kit, but was told the hood was to heavy and would work. Since I have decided to keep it mostly original, but would look at some black ones if anyone finds a set.

michael morris

I had talked to SAI about adding the kit, but was told the hood was to heavy and would work. Since I have decided to keep it mostly original, but would look at some black ones if anyone finds a set.

michael morris

you will need these struts, they work perfect on the fiberglass hoods, plenty of lift and stay.

Enidine Corp. (716) 662- 1900

GSML35150

8 x 18 91mm stroke 670N F

Master Lift Carbon Steel Gas Spg.

I have the MRt ones on my original GT500 hood.

It is at SAI now, I hope they will try to use them while it is there.

We'll see

Worked GREAT on the original hood

They will. They did with my MRT lift struts. They needed to shim them, but that's good because they (SAI) are now finding out that either the hinges or the hinge fastners might dimple the hood in that area if they don't shim the hinge mounting plates (stock or otherwise) off of the underside of the hood. Two TS members had issues with dimpling in their SS hoods, and I know that one of them was resolved after SAI added shims.

The ones that SAI sells will not hold up my stock SGT hood, they have sent replacements and still no go, when it gets over 70 F the hood will fall down. Rick

Agreed, and that's true with the MRT's too. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to find a proper OEM gas strut that will hold the hood up no matter what (weight and/or ambient tempature), but every one that I have tried does not seem to work either. I have tried struts from an Explorer, but they are too short. I have tried struts from other cars that use them, but they are either too long or too weak for the appliciation. The MRT struts seem to work with the SS hood (below 70 degrees) right now, but did not work on the stock GT500 hood or the CS6/GTH hood too. The GTH hood on my SGTS/C falls whenever the slightest breeze is put upon it so I still have to use a prop rod as a safety.

I contacted MRT on numerious occiasions, but all I ever got from them were excuses, so I'm still on the hunt for an OEM strut that will fit on the MRT assembly.

Agreed, and that's true with the MRT's too. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to find a proper OEM gas strut that will hold the hood up no matter what (weight and/or ambient tempature), but every one that I have tried does not seem to work either. I have tried struts from an Explorer, but they are too short. I have tried struts from other cars that use them, but they are either too long or too weak for the appliciation. The MRT struts seem to work with the SS hood (below 70 degrees) right now, but did not work on the stock GT500 hood or the CS6/GTH hood too. The GTH hood on my SGTS/C falls whenever the slightest breeze is put upon it so I still have to use a prop rod as a safety.

I contacted MRT on numerious occiasions, but all I ever got from them were excuses, so I'm still on the hunt for an OEM strut that will fit on the MRT assembly.

E, these will hold the SS hood, they fit the Steeda kit, not sure about the MRT

GSML35150

E, these will hold the SS hood, they fit the Steeda kit, not sure about the MRT

GSML35150

Paul are you sure that they will fit under the hood clearance to close?

Thank you Paul. If these struts mount onto the Steeda's with a ball and socket, then they should also fit the MRT brand hood lift assembly too. I'll be contacting Enidine about these.

As 69/07 asks, any clearance issues that you are aware of with the Enidine struts?

Thanks again!

Thank you Paul. If these struts mount onto the Steeda's with a ball and socket, then they should also fit the MRT brand hood lift assembly too. I'll be contacting Enidine about these.

As 69/07 asks, any clearance issues that you are aware of with the Enidine struts?

Thanks again!

Hey guys I tried these with no luck!

http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-FORD-MUS-05-RD.html

They work and look great but can't close the hood.

Anyone with answers to correct this or ones that will clear would be great!

Thanks guys!

Hey guys I tried these with no luck!

http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-FORD-MUS-05-RD.html

They work and look great but can't close the hood.

Anyone with answers to correct this or ones that will clear would be great!

Thanks guys!

Okay, now I'm confused. Is the posted link and your experience referring to the Enidine struts or the ones being advertised at Redline Tuning?

Sorry!!! No I'm saying the Redline didn't work out... Sorry if I was confusing E.

Okay, got it! Thanks again!

Thanks again!

VNMOUS1 give me the information back in April. He has the 68KR retro hood from Proglass, very nice hoods, but heavy.

• 2 months later...

Thanks again!

I love the pic of you with Mr.Shelby......:)

Archived