TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 GT500 Red Stripe package

Grabber

June 11, 2008

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC0200677DC 2009MY Shelby GT500 Red Stripe Appearance Package

Subject

Limited Edition Red Stripe Appearance Package option now available on 2009MY Mustang Shelby GT 500 Coupe & Convertible.

Summary

'09MY Mustang Shelby GT 500 Red Stripe Appearance Package

Order Codes 54R + 31S + D95

$1,650 MSRP / $1,386 WSD

Eligible Units

Body Code:

Order Code:

2009 Mustang Shelby GT 500 ordered with:

White (HP) or Black (UA) Exterior Color

Black & Red Leather Interior (GR)

Red Stripe Option Code (54R)

31S & D95 Ship-Thru Codes

T88

T89 820A

850A

Package Contents

Order Codes

MSRP

WSD

Red Stripe Appearance Package Includes:

Bright RED Top & Side Stripes

Red and Black Leather Interior

Unique, RED Exterior Badges:

- Fender Cobras

- Grille Cobra

- Faux Gas Cap

- "SHELBY" Deck Lid

Unique NEW Premium Carpeted Floor Mats – Ebony Carpet with Red and Silver Embroidered 'Cobra Snake'

Shelby GT500 Car Cover

54R + 31S + D95

$1,650

$1,386

Order Timing Information

Available in CONCEPS From: Today

To: Remainder of '09 Model Year

Package at free demand during above production period up to a limited production run of 300

• 1 month later...
Anyone know if this package was limited to 300 in 2008 as well? I ordered mine in 2008, and it sounds like this package is exactly the same for 2009.

Did they embroider you floor mats? They didn't embroider mine. Must be the color. Bastards.

You know I seen a black/red Shelby up in my area about a month ago - thought it was a KR because of the pain scheme and wheels, but it had a regular GT500 hood and badging. I'll have to say, red is one hell of a set up.

Did they embroider you floor mats? They didn't embroider mine. Must be the color. Bastards.

You know I seen a black/red Shelby up in my area about a month ago - thought it was a KR because of the pain scheme and wheels, but it had a regular GT500 hood and badging. I'll have to say, red is one hell of a set up.

Yes, the mats are embroidered with the Cobra. And, as an added bonus, the scales are in red. I agree that it is very nice - my wife wanted me to get all black, but I really wanted the red package, and had to order it (was not available anywhere that I could find).

I have an attachment which outlines the whole package for the 2007 version including pictures, but it is almost 2MB, and it won't let me upload it. :banghead: All of the badging and Cobra scales are in red - even inside the SHELBY lettering on the trunk. I called SVT, and there were apparently 169 in 2007 that had this package. I asked about 2008, but the numbers are not out yet, and 2009 sounds like it will be limited to 300.

Anyone know if this package was limited to 300 in 2008 as well? I ordered mine in 2008, and it sounds like this package is exactly the same for 2009.

It was Limited to 600 Coupes in 2007 in either black or white

It was Limited to 600 Convertibles in 2008 in either Black or White

It is Limited to any combination of 300 Coupes OR Convertibles in either Black or White

Only 297 were actually built for 2007. 128 White Coupes and 169 Black Coupes

We don't know any final numbers for 2008 yet until SVT releases them.

palacekeeper,

I love the GT500 convertibles with the red stripe package. That is my favorite color combo for the GT500. You have a beautiful automobile.

Grabber, ShelbyDude, I am glad they are continuing this great package. The red snakes are over the top as well.

Erich

Thanks Erich! I really appreciate that. I really like the gold and black combo on yours - especially with the black rims. Did it come that way - with those rims?

palacekeeper,

Thanks but the car in the picture is a 2007 GT-H convertible rental, 07GTH0441 or 07GTH414, I can't remember and I did not take any pictures of the dash sticker during the 4 days I rented it. That was the car that made me determined to purchase a new S197 based Shelby. The GT-H came with the gold stripe package over the black paint and 17" Black bullitt mustang rims. Yes, it came that way.

My car is an 08 SGT convertible with blue paint and silver stripes and chrome bullitt rims.

Erich

post-20824-1217707242.jpg

post-20824-1217707242.jpg

Here's a 2008 GT500 Black/Red Stripe 'vert ( used ) for $47,338.

$47,338

Wow!!!!

Darn right Wow!!!! That's over $6,000 less than sticker. It looks like it's new, not used. Still has the plastic on the carpet and the add says 6 miles. I love that color combo. I'll always second guess myself. I chose Vapor because mine's a daily driver and I thought the red stripes might be a little "loud" for everyday use.

Ahh - now that's smart. Rent first! Most dealers are pretty picky about test drives on any of the Shelby's!

Walc - as far as the used one that you referenced, that is a pretty good price for only 6 miles! It was probably titled briefly.

Mine was ~53,900 MSRP, but it has every available option, including NAV, HID, Ambient Sirius, etc. So, you are saving around 4000-4500 (depending on options) off of sticker on that one. A sweet deal, provided that it was in an accident in the first 6 miles!

Ordering mine without ADM was also a challenge - I had to call about 29 dealers, and only 2 were willing to order at MSRP. So - if you count that in, the deal at Preston Ford sounds even better!

It appears to be showing as Used if you search their inventory, for some reason. I'd definitely ask why or get a CarFax report on it, to be safe. If it was just briefly titled for whatever reason, it sounds like a great deal!!

It appears to be showing as Used if you search their inventory, for some reason. I'd definitely ask why or get a CarFax report on it, to be safe. If it was just briefly titled for whatever reason, it sounds like a great deal!!

It's definitely used ( 2,250 miles ); but, barely.

Just what I need - a 3rd Mustang. :wacko:

We really like the Red Stripe option on ours. To be honest I think I like the black with it a little better. The Red in the interior, mats and snakes is super cool!

We are Happy GT500 owners!

08_Shelby_7_19__4_.jpg

08_Shelby_7_19__4_.jpg

Nice! I did not know the red stripe package gave over the top stripes for convertibles!

June 11, 2008

Limited Edition Red Stripe Appearance Package option now available on 2009MY Mustang Shelby GT 500 Coupe & Convertible.

Absolutely we are happy owners! I do like the black, but the white is outstanding as well. Does white show imperfections as easily as black?

You know - I suppose there are a lot of folks who would LOVE to have to make tough decisions like: White or Black GT500? I feel priveleged for sure.

As far as the stripes over the top - I think it looks great on the convertibles. Not sure why they don't offer it on other colors, but I suppose it can be added at the dealer for other colors.

Black is the worse for dirt and imperfections! When we decided to do our 65 in White the Body Guys were very happy. We are really happy with the White & Red Stripes. It is inverse of our Roush.

Rick

08_Shelby_7_19__3_.jpg

08_Shelby_7_19__3_.jpg

I have to admit, Im a little put off that Ford offered this package again...I paid a pretty high ADM b/c this was a hard car to get.

Limited production is not what it used to be I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car...people stare and point and just basically treat me like a rock star driving it, so I DO love it!

If yall come to Terlingua....you can see it!

I have to admit, Im a little put off that Ford offered this package again...I paid a pretty high ADM b/c this was a hard car to get.

Limited production is not what it used to be I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car...people stare and point and just basically treat me like a rock star driving it, so I DO love it!

If yall come to Terlingua....you can see it!

They offered 600 coupes available for 2007. That was a late offering and less than 300 got built.

Then they offered 600 verts available for 08. I think all 600 of those got built.

Now they are offering 300 total verts or coupes for 09. So even if the 300 for 09 are built they are still at the 1200 total they had over for 07 and 08 combined.

I'd say 1200 with a mix of coupes or verts in black or white is pretty limited compared to the 21K - 22K GT500's that will be built over 3 years.

• 3 years later...

June 11, 2008

Subject

Summary

'09MY Mustang Shelby GT 500 Red Stripe Appearance Package

Order Codes 54R + 31S + D95

$1,650 MSRP / $1,386 WSD

Eligible Units

Body Code:

Order Code:

2009 Mustang Shelby GT 500 ordered with:

White (HP) or Black (UA) Exterior Color

Black & Red Leather Interior (GR)

Red Stripe Option Code (54R)

31S & D95 Ship-Thru Codes

T88

T89 820A

850A

Package Contents

Order Codes

MSRP

WSD

Red Stripe Appearance Package Includes:

Bright RED Top & Side Stripes

Red and Black Leather Interior

Unique, RED Exterior Badges:

- Fender Cobras

- Grille Cobra

- Faux Gas Cap

- "SHELBY" Deck Lid

Unique NEW Premium Carpeted Floor Mats – Ebony Carpet with Red and Silver Embroidered 'Cobra Snake'

Shelby GT500 Car Cover

54R + 31S + D95

$1,650

$1,386

Order Timing Information

Available in CONCEPS From: Today

To: Remainder of '09 Model Year

Package at free demand during above production period up to a limited production run of 300

Wow....I would of never of thought that my wife would own car #5 of 89 coupes made. happy%20feet.gif

045.jpg

008-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

Rob... That is awesome!

Tana is a lucky lady! White is my fav... And orange is 2nd in my book.

Don't think I'd leave the garage.

Did you consider a vista blue pit stripe? I'd love to see the contrast... Or one red and one blue?

Later...

JG

Tana wanted the Red rookie stripes on the drivers fender. I surprised her with the CS on it. happy%20feet.gif ....and on mine. :hysterical:

Yes indeed the scene in the garage these days is moocho eye candy for sure. Every morning as I put on my work boots before leaving to work I just drool and smile at all the ponies in the garage. :drool:

0052.jpg

004-2.jpg

046-1.jpg

033.jpg

032.jpg

029.jpg

026.jpg

022.jpg

019.jpg

Rob,

It was great seeing you at the Dearborn Bash, really like the new addition to your garage! Tana is a very lucky lady! Was wondering about the CS signature on the fender stripes. Where they a seperate decal that you applied over the fender stripes? If so where did you get them from? I just put a set of Mrfarmdog's Red fender stripes on my alloy Gt500. The CS signature would be a nice addition.

Thanks,

Mike

PS It cracked me up when I opened the driverside oil separator for you and it was bone dry!

Rob,

It was great seeing you at the Dearborn Bash, really like the new addition to your garage! Tana is a very lucky lady! Was wondering about the CS signature on the fender stripes. Where they a seperate decal that you applied over the fender stripes? If so where did you get them from? I just put a set of Mrfarmdog's Red fender stripes on my alloy Gt500. The CS signature would be a nice addition.

Thanks,

Mike

PS It cracked me up when I opened the driver side oil separator for you and it was bone dry!

I was surprised to see it bone dry too. I read that it was not necessary on the drivers side.....and now I see why.

117.jpg

118.jpg

pm sent

Archived