TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer getting 60 GT500's

Joker45

Well I was on the hunt for my GT500 this weekend and called a dealer in the southern California area. One salesman told me they had 12 coupes in stock right now and then he would call me back with a price. After not hearing anything for a day I called back and talked to another salesman who said they only had 2 in stock right now and they were both sold. One for $110,000 and the other for around $80,000. He said that the owner will not let the customer even have them until another one comes in to replace it on the floor. They are taking bids on their cars and he told me that they are getting over 60 GT500's for the '07 MY. He said that they have already sold 10 and he can't believe how much people are paying for them.

Just thought you guys might like to know that for me at least it seems to be just about impossible to find one. My dealer finnally gave me a price at $10,000 over MSRP..... No Thanks.... Guess I'll wait this one out just like everyone else wanting MSRP..

Well I was on the hunt for my GT500 this weekend and called a dealer in the southern California area. One salesman told me they had 12 coupes in stock right now and then he would call me back with a price. After not hearing anything for a day I called back and talked to another salesman who said they only had 2 in stock right now and they were both sold. One for $110,000 and the other for around $80,000. He said that the owner will not let the customer even have them until another one comes in to replace it on the floor. They are taking bids on their cars and he told me that they are getting over 60 GT500's for the '07 MY. He said that they have already sold 10 and he can't believe how much people are paying for them.

Just thought you guys might like to know that for me at least it seems to be just about impossible to find one. My dealer finnally gave me a price at $10,000 over MSRP..... No Thanks.... Guess I'll wait this one out just like everyone else wanting MSRP..

#1 don't fall for the BS. At least one of the 2 salesman have already lied to you.

#2 don't shop in So Cal. Prices will be falsely elevated.

#3 wait it out is the right idea. Prices on ebay were 18-20 over a month ago. They are now 12-15 over. 10 over is becoming commonplace. They are falling. You will get a chance to get a car if you are patient. Just remember which dealers wanted to gouge you and shop somewhere else.

How soon do you want one? PM me if you're willing to wait until fall 2007 for an '08 model.

Dave

#3 wait it out is the right idea. Prices on ebay were 18-20 over a month ago. They are now 12-15 over. 10 over is becoming commonplace. They are falling. You will get a chance to get a car if you are patient. Just remember which dealers wanted to gouge you and shop somewhere else.

Go to ebay and do an Advanced Search for Completed Items for "2007 Shelby GT500". I just did this and found that in the last week the selling prices have almost always been over $15K, and there was one for $30K over MSRP and another for over $40K over MSRP. Check it. :wacko:

Go to ebay and do an Advanced Search for Completed Items for "2007 Shelby GT500". I just did this and found that in the last week the selling prices have almost always been over $15K, and there was one for $30K over MSRP and another for over $40K over MSRP. Check it. :wacko:

The last time I did that was about a week ago. Then they were 12-15. Gotta wonder why someone will pay 30 over when they, too, can look and see that others are selling for 15 over.

Archived