TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT "Berg" faux gas cap

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

So how is the SGT faux gas cap emblems holding up after being on the cars for a few years?

Would you do it again?

I am going to get one.

Mine's been on almost two years.....looks as good as the day I installed it happy%20feet.gif

Same here, it's been on since they were first available and still looks like new. Just make sure you get it on straight as it's almost impossible to move once on. DAMHIK :rolleyes:

If however you need to make a slight adjustment, heating it with a blow dryer will allow it to move slightly.

Jim

i cant find them anywhere! :rant2:

NVM! haha :hysterical:

This emblem replaces the factory one found on the faux gas cap.

Notes:

The Shelby GT emblem is only available to Shelby GT owners and the vehicle must be in the registry. Call 702.405.3500 to order.

I ordered mine last week (finally) and waiting for it to come in to install.

Question - do you remove the old Ford one and put this in it's place, or do you just put this right on top? If on top, does it stick out a lot more than the factor logo?

Thanks,

Andy

I just received mine from the Shelby Store last month. This restricted part been on back-order for sometime. But, Wendy shipped it right out to me as soon as they came back in stock. Also.... Thank you to Doug in Pa. for his help and advice on the install of the faux cap. Made it a lot easier using tape and the paper to get a straight line on the faux cap... The install seemed to go fairly smooth..... Still, I was nervous about getting it on straight. With only one chance to do so, take your time before pressing the cap on for good.

I am hoping it looks straight.

post-32463-0-76478400-1311254830_thumb.jpg

I just received mine from the Shelby Store last month. This restricted part been on back-order for sometime. But, Wendy shipped it right out to me as soon as they came back in stock. Also.... Thank you to Doug in Pa. for his help and advice on the install of the faux cap. Made it a lot easier using tape and the paper to get a straight line on the faux cap... The install seemed to go fairly smooth..... Still, I was nervous about getting it on straight. With only one chance to do so, take your time before pressing the cap on for good.

I am hoping it looks straight.

The Cap is straight, but your LETTERS are not..... :banghead::banghead:

Looks great to me...I just got mine yesterday in the mail from Wendy....where is that note from Doug in Pa on advice on how to install? Looks like I'm going to need that too.

Thanks,

Andy.

• 11 months later...

I've had mine on for about exactly a year....still on straight...still looks good...still glad I did it!!

Now that the 2013 Mustangs have the GT 500 facia, these faux caps are about the only way you can spot a real Shelby from a distance when the letters don't stand out against the paint or stripes.

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like one person bought those 10 (with the Berg Snake) that were on eBay last month, but I can't find one...

Anton

thats a negative as i was told they were no longer available through Shelby I found that auction and posted here in the forums for anyone to try to get them.

when i found it there were 7 of 10 left and I bought one.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone still have a gas cap emblem they would like to sell.

Your chances of finding an original "Berg", aka "S Snake", aka "Strike Snake" faux gas cap emblem that was representative of the 2007-2008 Shelby GT are slim to none these days. Below is a thread that will help you out in finding a source that makes an emblem that will work if you are willing to accept that it is not an OEM part. Several people have gone this route and it has worked out great for them. Make sure you read the entire thread to get the right piece and the right contact info. Good Luck. Link below:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/92308-new-owner-sgt-from-germany-need-sgt-parts/

• 7 months later...

Archived