TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT "Berg" faux gas cap

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are stamped aluminum like the quarter window covers, the snake is raised. they are definately an nice piece and look bad ass on the back of our cars. Am I the first to get one? I had it overnighted. they are very easy to install took a whole 4 seconds fits right over the origional, they have about a 1/16 inch lip all around. Kindof like a copenhagen lid, but with a snake. has 3m stickum on the back

Where are all the pictures of the new faux gas cap / trunk lock emblem everyone keeps referring to? I would love to see what it looks like installed.

Thx

I guess you are unable to see the picture in the first post of this thread.

Looks awesome. I'm sold (was getting one no matter what, but this just confirms I'm gonna love it)

jrod,

shelbyperformanceparts.com

Here's the specific listing for the cap: http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...k%20Emblem.aspx

SPP will be able to ship it faster if you include your CSM and VIN numbers in the Special Instructions section of your order. If you don't, they have to contact you to ask for the numbers before they'll send one out.

Matt

They are stamped aluminum like the quarter window covers, the snake is raised. they are definately an nice piece and look bad ass on the back of our cars. Am I the first to get one? I had it overnighted. they are very easy to install took a whole 4 seconds fits right over the origional, they have about a 1/16 inch lip all around. Kindof like a copenhagen lid, but with a snake. has 3m stickum on the back

Look in the GT Mod section. I got mine about noon yesterday and posted a pic.

Dave

Mine'll be here on the 16th.....!!!!!!

:)

Got the shipping details with same date.

Maybe they will goof and send mutiples as I got three order confirmations.

Please excuse my lack of understanding, but does the existing emblem need to be removed before the new one is installed?

My new faus gas cap should be waiting for me when I get home. I would like to put it on tonight before tomorrows car show.

Any help/tips on installation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Please excuse my lack of understanding, but does the existing emblem need to be removed before the new one is installed?

My new faus gas cap should be waiting for me when I get home. I would like to put it on tonight before tomorrows car show.

Any help/tips on installation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ditto.

Ordered mine today. And I am wondering how to install it

Just clean off your existing "GT", use a little masking tape to make sure you have the new one aligned, mark with a non-permanent pen, remove the "sticky back" thats on the new cap, re-align and stick it on! Use a towel to clean/smooth/press it into place. Takes all of 2 minutes!

SEF

AKA:

I becomes very clear on how to install the faux gas cap after I recieved the package. Thanks

Note to Amy:

A very big "THANK YOU"...I have always dreamed of owning a Shelby since I was a kid still playing with HOT WHEELS. You have been a large part of making my dream come true.

This car says Shelby 16 Times in various locations.

Thanks again Amy.

PS: Have I said "Thank you"

Very Nice!! I hope now that people see the beautiful "Berg Cap" they'll

start to buy them. They, SAI, puts tremendous amount of time into

these 'special Shelby GT" items I applaud them for it.

Can't wait...oreded mine yesterday ... hopefully I will be putting mine on by Tuesday night..

Archived