TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally got my VIN

drlovegun

Any links for me to find info.???

When you say "track it", what do you mean? Do you mean after it's left the plant?

If so, it will depend on where you live as to whether it goes on rail car. Do a search for rail car on this site and find some info....it's tricky.

If you mean track it within the plant, then call customer service. Search for the number.

Dave

I got some additional information on my car today. I ordered my Shelby on 8/8/06. Built on 9/1/06 with an ETA of last week in September. Ford customer service said the car was waiting for stripes currently. I am first on the list at a small dealership that is getting only one car. Can't wait!

I got some additional information on my car today. I ordered my Shelby on 8/8/06. Built on 9/1/06 with an ETA of last week in September. Ford customer service said the car was waiting for stripes currently. I am first on the list at a small dealership that is getting only one car. Can't wait!

Congrats Ronda, and not directed at you but I just have to vent here.

FORDS ORDER SYSTEM SUCKS!

How is this in any way fair? a small single car allocation dealer orders in August and is built in Sept, while I place an order in MARCH and cannot even get a VIN# yet? It gets harder by the day to remember why I want to do business with this company that insists on treating me this way. Add to that the fact that I know I will received virtually NO warranty service once I do get the car due to Ford's service bay policys and, .... well....

JUST BUILD MY FRIGGEN CAR FORD!

There, I feel better now. Thanks.

How is this in any way fair? a small single car allocation dealer orders in August and is built in Sept, while I place an order in MARCH and cannot even get a VIN# yet? It gets harder by the day to remember why I want to do business with this company that insists on treating me this way. Add to that the fact that I know I will received virtually NO warranty service once I do get the car due to Ford's service bay policys and, .... well....

I give up....what's Ford's "service bay policy"? I've had mine in for service twice on two different items (stripes suck and the exhaust needed tweaked because they were crooked as hell). The dealer was pleasant, quick, helpful. So much so in fact that I wrote to Ford to commend them. This is not the selling dealer, either! The selling dealer is 450 miles away and their service was good, too.

What's the beef? I would like to know if there's a policy that I need to watch out for in the future.

Thanks.

:shift:

bj

+1

I'm in the same boat. It's bull :censored:

Ordered mine March 17, 06 and still no VIN. :rant:

Now, back to the liquor store. :tequila:

+2

I ordered mine in March from small dealer, but a PA winner. Some early May/June posts/descriptions of which types of dealers (SVT, PA, etc) would be receiveing their cars in which order were obviously full of crap. I called yesterday, same old sh*t--"material hold"

This Ford fanatic is losing patience :censored::censored::censored:

CC

As everyone knows by now, +1,000,000 from me. After seeing a non-SVT, non-PA dealer is getting their SECOND car before I even get my VIN (see Non SVT/Non PA Dealership Orders thread), I just about lost it. Ford doesn't want to mess with me right now. Everytime I hear the words "Material Hold" I'm a mushroom cloud layin' mother-:censored: ...I'm super-fly TNT...I'm the guns of the Navarrone.

(I'll go stand in the corner now :baby: )

As everyone knows by now, +1,000,000 from me. After seeing a non-SVT, non-PA dealer is getting their SECOND car before I even get my VIN (see Non SVT/Non PA Dealership Orders thread), I just about lost it. Ford doesn't want to mess with me right now. Everytime I hear the words "Material Hold" I'm a mushroom cloud layin' mother-:censored: ...I'm super-fly TNT...I'm the guns of the Navarrone.

Me too Pretzel, me too...

Maybe it has something to do with the working relationship the dealer has with Ford or how frequently they pester the right people who make these decisions.

You go Super Fly !

jcthorne,

I know this won't help your situation any but if it makes you feel better this is the third deal I have made when it comes to getting my new Shelby. The first two fell through. The first deal was in 2/05, I placed a small deposit on a car at a large dealer in Portland, OR. They returned the check stating it was "too soon" for them to be taking deposits.

The second deal was at a smaller dealership in Corvallis,OR. This is the dealership in which I have bought many cars from over the past 15 years. We had a "gentlmans" agreement at MSRP. Nothing in writing of course because I thought I could trust him. Well, I placed a deposit for their number one car in 3/05. I started thinking something was up when I was told that I actually had the number two car. The owner had supposedly gotten his order in first. Long story short, when it came to ordering the car and pricing it out the dealer wanted $20,000 over MSRP. I told them to take a hike! They have lost my business for future cars and this includes all the servicing of those cars. I now know they are not interested in long term relationships with their customers.

By the way that car is currently sitting in their show room. All three deals they had on the car have fallen through. Let me know if you are interested in the car, I'll let you know where to find it. (If you know Corvallis at all, there is only one dealer!) The current price is supposedly $10,000 over MSRP.

My current deal, like I said is with a small rural dealership. I can't say it's fair that I may get my car before you. Ford is a big company and if we all think they care about us little folk, we are all wrong. They know we all want this car and will wait for it. As long as we continue buying cars, FORD CARES.

Anyway, I guess my point is, I have had my share of struggles when it comes to the Shelby GT500. Hang in there, we will all get our cars sooner or later.

Peace out.

jcthorne,

I know this won't help your situation any but if it makes you feel better this is the third deal I have made when it comes to getting my new Shelby. The first two fell through. The first deal was in 2/05, I placed a small deposit on a car at a large dealer in Portland, OR. They returned the check stating it was "too soon" for them to be taking deposits.

Anyway, I guess my point is, I have had my share of struggles when it comes to the Shelby GT500. Hang in there, we will all get our cars sooner or later.

Peace out.

Just FYI, I too had two deals with larger dealerships, on here in Houston (Not LoneStar) and one in Ohio that both renigged on the deal. I did a very large dealer cold call/email campaign last March and found the small Oklahoma dealer that has treated me very well so far. He has even called to let me know about deals on Shelbys that he can get from other dealers but not in my color. If this goes through, guess where I will be attempting to purchase our next truck? I too had a very long standing and many many vehicle relationship with a dealership here in Houston. GM retired and Owner passed away....and they don't know me from Adam.

I give up....what's Ford's "service bay policy"? I've had mine in for service twice on two different items (stripes suck and the exhaust needed tweaked because they were crooked as hell). The dealer was pleasant, quick, helpful. So much so in fact that I wrote to Ford to commend them. This is not the selling dealer, either! The selling dealer is 450 miles away and their service was good, too.

What's the beef? I would like to know if there's a policy that I need to watch out for in the future.

Thanks.

:shift:

bj

My reference is to Ford's policy of underpayment and shoddy financials that prevent any dealership from keeping really good experienced techs. Also thier policy of denying all large claims to force the customer to fight for warranty coverage. Its just like fighting for insurance settlements. I do not what to go into details here on the problems with ford service bays and warranty work, plenty of info over at blue oval news. For most small stuff, I would rather PAY for good service from a tech that knows what they are doing and has the experience and time to do a job right that to get the shoddy workmanship and inexperience forced on my at any of the local Ford dealers. EVERY time I have been in a Ford dealer service bay in the last 10+ years, the vehicle has come back with some problem or damage that it did not have before or the claim was a fight from the time dropped off.

THe striking difference in using a large independant shop with 20+ year veterens and proper tools and training vs the dealership service is overwhelming. The job CAN be done right almost every time. Quality and workmanship do NOT have to take a back seat to a book rate for parts changing that allows absolutely NO PAID TIME for diagnostics or troubleshooting. I'll get off my soapbox now. I went on too long already.

Got my vin acknowledgement, Where to find build date? WH

I'm not sure you can "find" your build date...the only thing you can do is call customer service every week or so until they schedule it. 800-392-3673. Read the threads for the "steps to obtaining your Mustang" or something like that....http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2997

The 10 Steps to Getting a Shelby

1-Receipt Date-The date that MS&S (Marketing Sales and Service) recorded the order.

2-Serialize Date-The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L (Material Planning and Logistics) and the VIN is created.You have to get the VIN from your dealer.

3-Segment Date-The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

4-Sequence Date-The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

5-Blend Date-The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

6-Produced Date- The date that VO (Vehicle Operations) finished assembling the vehicle.

7-Gate Release Date-The day that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping.

8-Ship Date-The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant.

9-Arrival Date-The date the dealership received the vehicle.

10-Sold Date-The Date the customer buys the vehicle.

Dave

Can anyone assist with me tracking my vehicle now that I have a VIN, and is is supposed to be delivered this week??? Thanks.

Call this phone#1-800-392-3673 its customer service number for ford, with your vin# they will be able to provide you with info on the proccess..... good luck with your journey......mine is about to end soon.

I'm not sure you can "find" your build date...the only thing you can do is call customer service every week or so until they schedule it. 800-392-3673. Read the threads for the "steps to obtaining your Mustang" or something like that....http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2997

The 10 Steps to Getting a Shelby

1-Receipt Date-The date that MS&S (Marketing Sales and Service) recorded the order.

2-Serialize Date-The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L (Material Planning and Logistics) and the VIN is created.You have to get the VIN from your dealer.

3-Segment Date-The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

4-Sequence Date-The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

5-Blend Date-The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

6-Produced Date- The date that VO (Vehicle Operations) finished assembling the vehicle.

7-Gate Release Date-The day that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping.

8-Ship Date-The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant.

9-Arrival Date-The date the dealership received the vehicle.

10-Sold Date-The Date the customer buys the vehicle.

Dave

Call this phone#1-800-392-3673 its customer service number for ford, with your vin# they will be able to provide you with info on the proccess..... good luck with your journey......mine is about to end soon.

Got my vin acknowledgement.

THANKS TO ALL. Talked to Ford said it is on the line to be built. Wild Horses

Archived