TEAM SHELBY FORUM

EVENT: Terlingua Team Shelby 2008!

Staff

Guys, a few more items...

I believe that tracey and Jenjni are joining your trek to terlingua. Not sure where they are joining, but they are.

second, we are filling the truck with some parts just incase, wheels, belts, tires, other stuff our cars use. but it's good to know there is an autozone...lol

The tequila company is a sponsor so, this will be fun!

I am trying to get the chiili group too, so hopefully they can make it!

AMY

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Amy.

Michael McGuirk and I have been in contact with Jenni and Tracey and will make sure they have all the info needed to meet up with us before leaving SoCal. I don't know how you can keep up with all of this (do you have 30hr days?) but if you would like I can cc: you on all the contact info I send out to all of the other attendees that I know about, especially in regards to the California-Terlingua caravan.

See you in 4 weeks.

Tony

Hi Amy.

Michael McGuirk and I have been in contact with Jenni and Tracey and will make sure they have all the info needed to meet up with us before leaving SoCal. I don't know how you can keep up with all of this (do you have 30hr days?) but if you would like I can cc: you on all the contact info I send out to all of the other attendees that I know about, especially in regards to the California-Terlingua caravan.

See you in 4 weeks.

Tony

Regarding all the planned & unplanned Caravans and various other threads for the Terlingua Bash, it appears it would be one heck of a Caravan if everyone (Van Horn, Ft. Stockton, Odessa, Marathon, etc. caravans) met in Alpine around 10 to 10:30AM Thursday, Sept 25 for one huge Caravan down St Hwy 118 to Lajitas.

In addition, as referenced by LuLu Alpine has an AutoZone, NAPA and a tire store for any last minute requirements or needed remedies resulting from getting that far.

Just another option to keep the pot stirring.

Jim

Regarding all the planned & unplanned Caravans and various other threads for the Terlingua Bash, it appears it would be one heck of a Caravan if everyone (Van Horn, Ft. Stockton, Odessa, Marathon, etc. caravans) met in Alpine around 10 to 10:30AM Thursday, Sept 25 for one huge Caravan down St Hwy 118 to Lajitas.

In addition, as referenced by LuLu Alpine has an AutoZone, NAPA and a tire store for any last minute requirements or needed remedies resulting from getting that far.

Just another option to keep the pot stirring.

Jim

Jim,

We are planning to meet up in Alpine. I am going to keep MSMAP apprised of our location an ETA. Can't wait to see all these cool cars together in West Texas!

Michael

At the present time, I am planning to depart from Chicago (south side) on the morning of the 9/23, and arrive in Wichita Falls, Texas in the late evening of that day. An overnight stay is planned somewhere along this path, but not arranged yet.

The following morning (9/24) I will depart from "where ever" headed to Odessa, Texas, where I do have a reservation at a Hampton Inn. Once in Odessa, I know plans have been made for a Shelby caravan to Terlingua.

Question...Will I be hooking up with anyone along this route? If so, please provide me with a destination/meet location in Wichita Falls, or (back down the road) in Oklahoma City, OK.

Thanks! See y'all soon!

SergntMac@aol.com

• 4 weeks later...

Hwy 170 was washed out by past storm, take 118 south from Alpine, to Terlingua.

Well, I am Here. Where's here,?? Well , I am in Terlingua. I arrived, yesterday, Sunday, at noon. The drive down from Van Horn to Marfa, approx. 80 miles (no fuel)is Beautiful. Approx, 6 gas stations in Marfa. Two with diesel , 2nd diesel station in Marfa, a 'Town and Country is the largest.

From Marfa to Alpine about 30 miles also beautiful. Many Gas stations in Alpine. A FINA,( just 1/2 mile east of hwy 118 so.), has Big rig access,(Pat), and there is a grocery store on main hwy. Alpine is great, Interstate, one way heading south, and it is all one way north. Check out the University,it is fantastic. Auto parts stores, pharmacy's etc. STOCK UP in ALPINE. It is the Last 'Out Post' heading south, to Terlingua, 80 miles, NO SERVICES, till Terlingua.

Hwy 118 is a geology wonder land. The vista's are Fantastic. No Fuel or any services for 80 miles. Cell phone service is non existent for 40 miles, around mid -point. If you have a problem, call the Resort at 1-432-424-5000 and ask for , Larry, I have extra fuel , gas and diesel, tire plugs, air compressor. I will come and help you. Remember to fill your fuel tanks in Alpine. There is a good repair shop in Terlingua, Archie, can have auto, truck parts overnighted to terligua.

The Weather has been FANTASTIC. 78-82 degrees, blue skies with small white clouds, combined with the beauty and grandeur of the Rio Grand, and the incredible mountains and terrain, It's great Here!!! The resort is 5 star, rooms are large and a incredible contrast to the vast beauty of the raw' nature of Terlingua. The local people are VERY Excited about the SHELBY Event, Carroll is, thought of and spoken of very highly.

There are two gas stations in Terlingua. Hours 6am-7pm 7days, and the other is 7am-8pm, 7days, diesel is available along with the standard 3 grades. prices about 4.00/gal, not bad considering where we are.

See you here, this is going to be a great event.

• 5 years later...

5 years ago today my life was changed forever!

I am very blessed to have attended Terlingua 2008 (and every one since then). The friends I have made since then & the things I have done are amazing.

+1 Sean My Friend and another chapter starts next week for us!

David

Archived