TEAM SHELBY FORUM

EVENT: Terlingua Team Shelby 2008!

Staff

Team Shelby Terlingua 2008

Team Shelby and Bullrun present an exceptional automotive event for Team Shelby members and Shelby enthusiasts to participate with Team Shelby and of course Carroll Shelby himself, right in heart of west Texas!

This exclusive event will take place September 25th to September 28th 2008, at the amazing Lajitas Resort, Terlingua, Texas.

To register for this event, you must sign up by e-mailing info@bullrun.com, you MUST be a Team Shelby member and quote your exclusive Team Shelby member number to be eligible. Applications will be taken on a first come, first served basis. Not a Team Shelby member? Click here to join now.

Vehicles must comply with requirements and may be Ford Mustangs, or any original Shelby vehicles, Mustangs, Cobras (including Dodges and Tigers etc.)

PACKAGE INCLUDES:

3 nights accommodation in one of the premium exclusive resorts in Texas (Thursday check in, Sunday check out).

All meals from Thursday evening to Sunday morning.

Drivers welcoming dinner Thursday evening.

Final awards party on Saturday evening.

Charity auction for special Terlingua and Shelby memorabilia.

Carroll Shelby, Bill Neale, special celebrity guest speakers and event drivers will be in attendance.

Official event decal set for your vehicle

Official accreditation for event all weekend

Exclusive Team Shelby Gift Bag (2 gift bags per car).

Exclusive Challenge Apparel

Events Include:

1/2 mile Drag Racing challenge.

Shelby Bullrun Rally - navigating 350 challenging miles, with checkpoints to collect your commemorative Shelby medal set.

Open Road 12 mile Time Trial or special track challenge (TBC)

Driving Course set up at the airstrip.

Shelby Car Show

Hole-in-one golf competition

Shelby Texas shoot out (guns provided at shooting range – no need to bring yours!)

Chilli cook off

Carroll Shelby in attendance all weekend with other special guests.

Autograph sessions with Carroll Shelby, Bill Neale and friends.

Other activities available at additional cost:

Off road ATVs

Spa treatments

Horse riding

Team Shelby Member Price for entire event = $2,300 per car (based on two drivers in shared accommodation).

Have a question?

Please call 310.271.4238 between 9am to 5pm PST, Monday to Friday.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team Shelby Member Price for entire event = $2,300 per car (based on two drivers in shared accommodation). So if you come alone is it still $2300 or is there a price for singles? I just hope there is a lower price if I come alone because I will not be getting 2 meals or will I? Please let me know as soon as you can. Thanks

Thanks for the update!

I am sure I am the exception, but I live here in Terlingua a couple miles from Lajitas and do not require hotel or accomodations of any kind. I would like to come out as a new member check out the car show and just spectate mostly. There is a chance my new Shelby car will be ready, but not sure.

What are my options? Thanks.

After having to cancel my trip to Mid-America in Tulsa and hoping to make up for it by going to Terlingua get together, we find out the cost is $2300, ouch. While I am sure it is a very good price for the accomodations and events, it is a bit too much for me to spend when it will take another $800 in gas to get there and back.

Thats over $3K for the week :banghead:

I was hoping to meet a bunch of you good folks in Terlingua, maybe another time.

Hopefully this will not be the last time this event is put together. The site and events look very interesting. However, I just booked the family (six adults and five kids) for a trip to Orlando over Thanksgiving and grandpa is footing the entire bill. So, no Shelby trip for grandpa this year. Geeezz, the price a guy pays and pays. ^_^

Guys I know that is seems expensive, however when it comes to actually shutting down entire streets and shutting down an airport to run on and working with the local authorities it can become very costly.

I have looked at other Bull Run type events and have seen them go for 5-6 thousand and still not offer as much as this one.

There is a lot of activities and we have booked the entire hotel.

We also have two big parties

So if you break it down to 1150.00 a person including Hotels and Food and Drag Strip and Road Course and Bull Run portion. It really is not that bad.

I know that some have paid over 600 to be a Mid-America and that does not include the food or Hotel.

So we tried to get as much in to this event as possible and keep it in Terlingua.

Team Shelby Terlingua 2008

To be a part of this, you must be a Team Shelby member and quote your exclusive Team Shelby member number to be eligible. Applications will be taken on a first come, first served basis starting Thursday 12 June.

Hi Sharon,

I am probably just being dense but where do I find my exclusive Team Shelby member number? Thanks. Sounds interesting but may be a stretch money wise. Is there a different price if we do not bring our car (which would be painful but, perhaps, necessary)?

Jim

Hi Sharon,

I am probably just being dense but where do I find my exclusive Team Shelby member number? Thanks. Sounds interesting but may be a stretch money wise. Is there a different price if we do not bring our car (which would be painful but, perhaps, necessary)?

Jim

Your Team Shelby member number should be on your 2008 membership card that you should have gotten with your membership packet.

Team Shelby Member Price for entire event = $2,300 per car (based on two drivers in shared accommodation). So if you come alone is it still $2300 or is there a price for singles? I just hope there is a lower price if I come alone because I will not be getting 2 meals or will I? Please let me know as soon as you can. Thanks

If you are going alone, and are not bringing a guest then it would be food and events for Just one person. They can take off 400 dollars.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Jim

You member number is on your member cards. If you can not find them PM me your full name I can look up your number.

Sharon

Hi Sharon.

I am a brand new member - I mention this because do not yet have my membership card and thus no number to provide yet - I just joined a few days back.

Also, I live in Terlingua - thus paying for hotel is not in my best interest - Please advise what I can do/pay if I skip the hotel - but pay for meals, events etc. I can bring a guest and split it with that person. Just want to get it down to minus the hotel - but fully understand the need to pay for all the closures etc and am glad to pay my part for that and food etc.

Looking forward eargerly to hearing from you. My guest will fly in from NY state so I want to get the info to him.

My thanks for all you do,

David

Guys Sharon and the team are working on all the questions and all the requests, she is also at Tulsa, so hang in as she will update as soon as possible

We know that this event is more $$ then expected, we agree, but we wanted to do a firest class event with good meals, great hotel and parties, goodie bags, special events, etc. We will work hard to give you the best event possible and try to not make them out of reach.

This event is also expensive due to location, we have to get everything from everywhere else and city and local requirements are extensive.

We hope you can all make it !

Amy

Some events will be cheaper than others. It all depends on first and foremost, logistics and then how many activities we can pack into each event.

Of course, events in Dearborn and Las Vegas will be cheaper since we have plenty of available staff in each of those locations. And, in the case of Dearborn, we have Ford and Ford Racing as our partners.

For this event, there will be a special sign up page and phone number that you can call.

Guys Sharon and the team are working on all the questions and all the requests, she is also at Tulsa, so hang in as she will update as soon as possible

We know that this event is more $$ then expected, we agree, but we wanted to do a firest class event with good meals, great hotel and parties, goodie bags, special events, etc. We will work hard to give you the best event possible and try to not make them out of reach.

This event is also expensive due to location, we have to get everything from everywhere else and city and local requirements are extensive.

We hope you can all make it !

Amy

Amy,

I hope that for the Dearborn event in September it doesn't comes to a cost of $2,300/$1,900 if there is a Bullrun event in MoTown?

An all or nothing price for even a local resident here or there, can and will price some like me & many others out of going to Terlinuga & the Dearborn events. I would hope the TS staff should/could/or would look into a menu package offering the basics of a 1, 2 & 3 day event package and offer a 3-day package with or without hotel accomendations so folks can pick what fits their budget during these trying fianancial times & high gas prices.

Amy,

I hope that for the Dearborn event in September it doesn't comes to a cost of $2,300/$1,900 if there is a Bullrun event in MoTown?

An all or nothing price for even a local resident here or there, can and will price some like me & many others out of going to Terlinuga & the Dearborn events. I would hope the TS staff should/could/or would look into a menu package offering the basics of a 1, 2 & 3 day event package and offer a 3-day package with or without hotel accomendations so folks can pick what fits their budget during these trying fianancial times & high gas prices.

yes, we will do that, and infact we did for those who wanted to do the birthday with out the Wynn, some wanted the race, some wanted the birthday dinner, some just didn't pay and carashed it all....lol

We will do our best to make it so everyone can attend every event. This one is rare due to location and the inability to get there easily.

Amy

yes, we will do that, and infact we did for those who wanted to do the birthday with out the Wynn, some wanted the race, some wanted the birthday dinner, some just didn't pay and carashed it all....lol

We will do our best to make it so everyone can attend every event. This one is rare due to location and the inability to get there easily.

Amy

Thank you :drool: Amy

Amy

Hi Amy,

I know you remember my comments at the Chevron station in Wickenberg :D , thanks for putting on another once in a lifetime event!

Everyone involved at SAI / Team Shelby deserves the utmost praise for offering this type of event to the members. I am sure you have seen the other posts bitchin' about the cost. Please remind Robert, Sharon and the rest of your Team, including the Big Man, that the majority of us are in awe of what this club offers to it's members.

I doubt Enzo or Artov or Dr Porsche would ever have envisioned offering their customers and fans this type of opportunity.

Thank you,

Michael

Hi Amy,

I know you remember my comments at the Chevron station in Wickenberg :D , thanks for putting on another once in a lifetime event!

Everyone involved at SAI / Team Shelby deserves the utmost praise for offering this type of event to the members. I am sure you have seen the other posts bitchin' about the cost. Please remind Robert, Sharon and the rest of your Team, including the Big Man, that the majority of us are in awe of what this club offers to it's members.

I doubt Enzo or Artov or Dr Porsche would ever have envisioned offering their customers and fans this type of opportunity.

Thank you,

Michael

+1

Archived