TEAM SHELBY FORUM

EVENT: Terlingua Team Shelby 2008!

Staff

I bet it'll be next week before we hear anything with the 4th this week and the long weekend.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully they get going, I am leaving the country next week.

I think they don't have enough people yet and are waiting, trying to sell the remaining spots. It's easier to cancel now than to have to refund everyones money later.

VorpalBunny (David), did you get your car?

I was just talking to Sheriff Ronny Dodson on the phone and he said there was a Shelby Mustang running around Alpine today with a "crazy rabbit" on it. He said he wanted to drive it but the owner wouldn't let him.

I can't believe that there will be two Terlingua Mustangs in a county of only 12,000 people.

VorpalBunny (David), did you get your car?

I was just talking to Sheriff Ronny Dodson on the phone and he said there was a Shelby Mustang running around Alpine today with a "crazy rabbit" on it. He said he wanted to drive it but the owner wouldn't let him.

I can't believe that there will be two Terlingua Mustangs in a county of only 12,000 people.

Hey,

That is interesting info - no I have not yet gotten the car - the base Mustang is at Quantum now waiting for the upgrade - and I am waiting anxiously needless to say.

Ronnie is a good fellow I have known for years - I am sure he knows a crazy rabbit when he sees one. Perhaps this is another mod job - I have already seen several non Shelby Terlingua copies of the original Terlingua Terror. ???

I am not aware that any Terlingua's exist publicly - Shelby has the black one the performance package one that tours and gets into articles and the orange one too I think that is non performance package. They are the only two right now I think.

Mine is to be completed (I HOPE) in time for the Terlingua event and will be the first of the ones bought by regular Joes (ME) and held publicly. It will be the first out of Quantum and before any out of Vegas and I think before any out of Rhode Island.

Anybody have other info??? This is my detective work only.

David

Anybody have other info??? This is my detective work only.

David

I didn't ask Ronny if it was a new or old Mustang, or any details, I wasn't sure how much he actually knows about cars.

I had a great conversation with him about planning a nice surprise (and a warm jail cell) for party crashers. He is hoping (and so am I) that Bullrun is going to hire at least one off-duty Deputy to be there, plus as a Texas Deputy I have arrest powers Statewide. Hopefully we can stop the problems we had in Vegas.

Samantha was supposed to call me back about their arrangements for security, among other things it makes me nervous having this hotel and these cars parked within sight of the border. I can't handle the thought of a couple illegals winging their way North in my Cobra.....

Bullrun sent me my invoice about 5 minutes ago - I'm all paid up. :happy feet:

Matt

Ditto. All paid up since last night. See you there.

I sent my payment this morning :spend:happy%20feet.gifnow to set aside play money... :play::spend: and fuel money :spend::spend: I think I might get a new camera too... :spend: :party2:

Anyone know if there is a place to hook up a RV at the Terlingua Ranch? I need to know if I need to bring some extra diesel for the generator to run on.

bleh..it's not the Terlingua Ranch..It's Lajitas and they've told me to contact SAI regarding the RV hookup.

Looks like I will be surrounded by Texans :gang: anyone else from PA coming?? Guess I can buy a Cowboy Hat, Boots and a big belt buckle....should I wear Wrangler Jeans too? :spend::hysterical: I figure if I blend in a little everyone will only make fun of my northern accent.

If you really want a cowboy hat, I suggest you talk to Gary at The Hat Store here in Houston. They're the best and I have two hats from them (and I'll be getting a third as soon as my bank account rebounds after paying for Terlingua). Boots are optional and big belt buckles are only fashionable if you've actually won a rodeo (and only for formal occasions). Wrangler's are alright but I prefer Cinch jeans - the cut is better and the pockets are deeper.

Matt

Looks like I will be surrounded by Texans :gang: anyone else from PA coming?? Guess I can buy a Cowboy Hat, Boots and a big belt buckle....should I wear Wrangler Jeans too? :spend::hysterical: I figure if I blend in a little everyone will only make fun of my northern accent.

Hey,

My buddy from Broxville, NY is driving with me so you should have some fairly local company. he comes down here twice a year to Terlingua to visit me and the place has grwon on him allot.

David

Got an e-mail from Bullrun advertising the Terlingua event to the Shelby/Mustang public. Those people will be charged $2500 for the pleasure of hanging out with us. :happy feet:

$50 for a Team Shelby membership or $200 extra for stuff like Terlingua - I wish all of my investments quadrupled in 7 months like this one did. :dance:

Matt

Robert / Sharon,

Been thinking about some of the "fun" we had in Tulsa last month. I know you mentioned trying to start carrying some parts (like serpentine belts......) in the truck in case members have "simple" mechanical issues at TS events.

But seeing as how Terlingua is darn near as far from a Ford parts distributor as you can get in North America, not to mention Autozone, or Big-O Tires; I have been thinking about the tire wear issues I had at Tulsa. If I couldn't find replacement road race rated tires there, I'd be stuck if I flatted down in the jack-rabbit cemetary.

Normally I trailer to any performance driving event for obvious reasons. But there are several very good reasons for me to just drive the Shelby down to this event. That being said, if I flat where could I find a Nitto 555r 285/35/r18 in Lajitas!????

Most others that drive will also be doing so without spares..........I know TS can't be a rolling tire shop, and I'll likely have to sqeeze a couple of tires in the trunk to be prepared; but perhaps some OE Goodyear rubber is another good think to think about stocking in the truck.

btw Amy, about those hats............are they real "cowboy" hats or those backwards-bill-wearing baseball caps? :poke:

Robert / Sharon,

Been thinking about some of the "fun" we had in Tulsa last month. I know you mentioned trying to start carrying some parts (like serpentine belts......) in the truck in case members have "simple" mechanical issues at TS events.

But seeing as how Terlingua is darn near as far from a Ford parts distributor as you can get in North America, not to mention Autozone, or Big-O Tires; I have been thinking about the tire wear issues I had at Tulsa. If I couldn't find replacement road race rated tires there, I'd be stuck if I flatted down in the jack-rabbit cemetary.

Normally I trailer to any performance driving event for obvious reasons. But there are several very good reasons for me to just drive the Shelby down to this event. That being said, if I flat where could I find a Nitto 555r 285/35/r18 in Lajitas!????

Most others that drive will also be doing so without spares..........I know TS can't be a rolling tire shop, and I'll likely have to sqeeze a couple of tires in the trunk to be prepared; but perhaps some OE Goodyear rubber is another good think to think about stocking in the truck.

btw Amy, about those hats............are they real "cowboy" hats or those backwards-bill-wearing baseball caps? :poke:

Call us next week to talk about this.

Archived