TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KRSS ?

Are there any plans to modify the GT500KR into a GT500KRSS? I have the opportunity to purchase a black GT500KR and I was just curious if it could be could be made into a SS.

Kevin

07SGT2591

PS Sorry if discussed before!

NO, IT WON'T HAPPEN, BUT THEY MAY DO SOME FACTORY MOD'S, IF INTERESTED CALL SAI.

Yes,

There will be special upgrade packages for the GT500KR. Details will be released to selling Ford dealers soon.

do you think it would have been the thing to have out before the cars were shipped to vegas and started on

I find it hard to believe that if you have the money to get your KR modified, SAI would refuse

the money for an upgrade just because its is a GT500KR! Tell me it ain't so! :rant2:

Kevin

THEY WON'T MAKE IT A KR/SS BUT THEY WILL HAVE UPGRADES AS I STATED BEFORE, SO PLEASE CONTACT SAI FOR INFO THEY WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP AND ANS ALL QUESTIONS, THEY ARE VERY HELPFUL.

THEY WON'T MAKE IT A KR/SS BUT THEY WILL HAVE UPGRADES AS I STATED BEFORE, SO PLEASE CONTACT SAI FOR INFO THEY WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP AND ANS ALL QUESTIONS, THEY ARE VERY HELPFUL.

THE KR IN MY OPINION IS PERFECT THEY WAY IT IS, THEY ONLY THING I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAVE SEEN ON THEM IS A DIFFERENT SPOILER AND THE 20" RIMS, BUT THIS IS ONE AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL CAR NEVER THE LESS. JOB WELL DONE IN MY OPINION.

I don't know where you are getting your information from. There was a thread that insinuated SAI is in fact going to offer KR upgrades. Why wouldn't they? Maybe you are getting your information from the same guy who said the KR was only being built for one year.

do you think it would have been the thing to have out before the cars were shipped to vegas and started on

Thank you for calling SAI customer service. If you know your party's extension, please hang up and call back later, we aren't telling you squat.

:hysterical:

Thank you for calling SAI customer service. If you know your party's extension, please hang up and call back later, we aren't telling you squat.

:hysterical:

You must not be talking to the right people, everytime I have ever called there I have been treated kindly, professional and given the most up to date info they have.

there is a thing called confidentiality on some info that has been approved for release, maybe that is what what transpiring when you called?, what don't you have info on that you still need?

Are there any plans to modify the GT500KR into a GT500KRSS? I have the opportunity to purchase a black GT500KR and I was just curious if it could be could be made into a SS.

Kevin

07SGT2591

PS Sorry if discussed before!

Most collectors will tell you this will really devalue your KR.

I agree the KR is a very special Shelby. I don't mean to devalue it in any way. My enquiry as to whether

it can be modified like the Super Snake goes back to the conversation I had with the sales manager

where the KR will be delivered. I asked if I sent the car back to SAI, could I get the necessary mod's

done to make it a 725hp GT500KR like the Super Snake? I don't want the look of the car changed, just

the horsepower. Sorry if I was to vague with my questions! Thanks for the replies!

Kevin

I understand SHelby will be releasing information soon.

My apologies if I sounded like I was slamming on you, it was not my intent.

I inquired about the same thing when I ordered my KR. With what Shelby would have to change there would be nothing left of the KR and you would be out about 30k'. You would be better off to just do the SS on a regular GT500.

My guess is that taking the KR back to Shelby and having the supercharger changed out would be possible but that would not get you the KRSS designation. I would want to see what Shelby announces in the near future. You would definitely want to keep the original supercharger.

I understand SHelby will be releasing information soon.

My apologies if I sounded like I was slamming on you, it was not my intent.

I inquired about the same thing when I ordered my KR. With what Shelby would have to change there would be nothing left of the KR and you would be out about 30k'. You would be better off to just do the SS on a regular GT500.

My guess is that taking the KR back to Shelby and having the supercharger changed out would be possible but that would not get you the KRSS designation. I would want to see what Shelby announces in the near future. You would definitely want to keep the original supercharger.

the KR SS would definitly be worth more on the first trip thru than 6 mo later

it would not be worth doing later to have it done imoho

I find it hard to believe that if you have the money to get your KR modified, SAI would refuse

the money for an upgrade just because its is a GT500KR! Tell me it ain't so! :rant2:

Kevin

What exactly do you consider an upgrade ? The KR already outperforms the SS in every catagory.

GT500KR

0-60 4.3

12.1@115

1.0 G

71.7 mph slalom

60-0 109 feet

SuperSnake

0-60 4.4

12.5@119

.93 G

68.4 mph slalom

60-0 118ft.

This set of stats says a SS with KB or TVS is slower than than a KR using a stock GT500 Eaton SC and FRPP air filter. Interesting

Edit: This is because of better matching tires, that's all these numbers really add up to. IMO

This set of stats says a SS with KB or TVS is slower than than a KR using a stock GT500 Eaton SC and FRPP air filter. Interesting

Edit: This is because of better matching tires, that's all these numbers really add up to. IMO

I couldn't agree more. Change the rubber, and you change the stats.

I agree concerning the tires! The SS with 725hp vs the KR with 540hp. You will need very good tires

just to get the SS to hook up. I would think this is the reason for the slower times shown in the previous

replies. In a recent article in Motor Trend, they drove the Shelby GT/SC Cali special, and the times in

comparison to a regular Shelby GT, the SGT/SC was slower. They contributed it to the tires. Same

thing applies here IMO.

Kevin

07SGT2591

Archived