TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Next GT500 testing Photos maybe 2010 or 2011?

mrdci

They posted this on Autoblog today. You can clearly see the snake on the steering wheel. You can see some of the defuser on the bumper and since the camo is higher it looks like to me the same rear wing but the hood looks like it maybe simular to the SS or KR hood from this inital design. I could be just masking. Check it out here.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/09/spy-sho...d-shelby-gt500/

These are the best spy photos yet and may answer the question of 'will there be a 2010 GT500', assuming Ford aren't leading us on.

However, I'm undecided about if I like it or not. I'll make up my mind when I see the entire car, uncamouflaged. I think it has potential though.

Very interesting pics and article. No shocker however, the GT500 has been a great success and will obviously continue. These photos should go a long way at putting the doubters to rest. Anyone considering blowing a wad on an 09 thinking that this is the last of the breed needs to take a carefull look here. A GT500 level Mustang will be built as long as there is a market for it.

Well one thing that made me wonder is maybe they are just going to go back to it being a Cobra. Since the current steering wheel says shelby and GT500 with the Snake and this one only has the Snake.

Well one thing that made me wonder is maybe they are just going to go back to it being a Cobra. Since the current steering wheel says shelby and GT500 with the Snake and this one only has the Snake.

That's interesting - didn't think of that but ok. Could mean the "long term contract" may be moving to other projects. Also, is it me or is the cobra on the front grill facing the wrong way? If it was through a mirror it would still be facing the headlight, not away from it.

Glad I got the 2008.

That was my first thought. Are they coming out with just a cobra again?

Or could it be the GT350?

Or another GT500?

Or something else?

Here are my thoughts....

- The base 2010 mustang will be a close copy of the current GT500. I.E.

- an exact LOOKING front clip

- There will be a Cobra Version which will be a step up from the GT version (sort of like the bullit)

- I am thinking the Cobra will get a cheesy version of the GT500KR hood.

- the tach on all mustangs will be located on the right side

- There will be NO GT500 (Boss will take its place as the super car)

- Shelby will be involved on new projects

- Shelby GT350

- Shelby Focus

There will be a Shelby GT500 or higher numbered version with more advertiseable HP. The Shelby nameplate on an ultra powered Mustang has been a smahing success and has no chance of being abandoned. No way in the world do they discontinue this concept.

Think about it, everyone who wanted a GT500 got one. They satisfied the market for this paticular specialty car(procrastinators not included). Now they want to satisfy the hords of people who loved the look of the GT500 and caused them from buying a Mustang because they couldnt afford a GT500 and\or didnt care about the Shelby name and\or having tons of horsepower.

A Cobra model will fit that crowd perfect. And this Cobra model will easily allow Shelby to use to build the GT350 off of.

With the 5.0 comming back all signs point to the Boss comming back as Fords next super model.

Also with the gas prices the way their going, the extremely good market(Evo,WRX STI,Mazda Speed,Honda SI, ect), Shelbys history with Dodge and this type of vehicle, it would be a good move for Ford and Shelby to do a Shelby Focus.

Lets hope for Ford's sake that everyone who wanted a GT500 hasn't gotten one as there are about FIVE THOUSAND more GT500s that will be looking for a home.

Don't bet too heavily on Ford removing the Shelby designation from their top of the line Mustang and applying it to a Focus. The next GT500 will be an enhanced version of what is currently available with upgraded power, handling and interior quality. The best is yet to come. This is a good thing.

:talkhand:

So many rumors with these cars, on another svt site the 2011 GT500 supposedly will come in around 3600 lbs with a full tank of gas and have some griggs suspension parts.

my vote would be a Cobra R :happy feet:

So in all reality a GT500 till 2015 when the next body style occurs. In keeping with the history of typically having a cobra at the top of the line up with the occasional S.E. This should put and end to the silly markups and people paying over MSRP! And no, the next gen GT500 will not be a limited production 2 year run. Jay O Connell stated back in 2006 they were working on a newer version of the GT500. It looks like he was right.

I saw that as well and had the same thought.

Im wondering did you all notice that the airbag snake logo is just a snake by itself doesnt say Shelby GT500.

No one seems to want to comment on this?

:fear::drop::drop::rant2: With current Oil prices and the way it is escalating do not be surprised if the V8 will be done with after 2009.

Ford is not stupid and the public sentiment will dictate what they will do.

would you bet that Ford will continue developing a V8 if gas hits $5; my guess is no and I believe we are the last ones that have purchased or will be purchasing V8 in 09.

look @ late 70's and Early 80's.

heck the Pinto might make a comeback

Archived