TEAM SHELBY FORUM

any paxton runners out there?

i am installing a paxton sn-60 (older but very nice polished unit) on my small block 289 engine (mild cam and mild headwork) and was just curious about carb specs for running a paxton. i got my brackets and fuel pump from craig over at paradise. i just was wondering what the best carb and distributor setup would be for this.

thanks for any help

i am installing a paxton sn-60 (older but very nice polished unit) on my small block 289 engine (mild cam and mild headwork) and was just curious about carb specs for running a paxton. i got my brackets and fuel pump from craig over at paradise. i just was wondering what the best carb and distributor setup would be for this.

thanks for any help

you should do whatever craig connely recommends. He knows the most. I used to have a Paxton set up on '66 GT-350 but I don't recall the carb jets I used. As for the distributor, I didn't have to retard the timing at all from stock specs. The older Paxtons didn't really put out that much boost in comparison to the modern units. I did have a problem with the carb flooding on occasion.

Z. Ray

• 1 month later...

thanks for any help

I have an original NOS Paxton Supercharger still in the box and wrapped in 1967 LA Times newspaper. It has the installation book with it. If you'd like I will Fax or mail a copy of the manual to you.

My home E-Mail is.

oz.lamonds@verizon.net

• 8 months later...

thanks for any help

I've been considering the same route. I raced with a 67 GT-350 a week and a half ago at Thunderhill.

He had the Paxton installed and it sounded and seemed to run great.

It's definitely a unique setup and one that I'd like more info on.

Anyone on TS with any insight?

Ken

Archived