TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT coupe will be limited in production volume of less than 10,000

ColdwaterHotrod

From the Shelby website....The Shelby GT coupe will be limited in production volume of less than 10,000 models total.

Now if they can up to 10,000 cars does this change your mind about getting one if you can't get a GT500?

Here's the link for more info on all their cars

http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShelbyGT.asp

Guest evilchris

From the Shelby website....The Shelby GT coupe will be limited in production volume of less than 10,000 models total.

Now if they can up to 10,000 cars does this change your mind about getting one if you can't get a GT500?

Personally I'll still wait for a GT500 @ MSRP. Since I couldn't have one *now*, but should be able to get one in a year, I bougth a GT which will have similar mods as the Shelby GT, albeit a few more. My plan right now is 310ish RWHP on my GT, and if I still can't source a MSRP GT500 by next year, I am going to pull the engine, build the block, and install a 2.6 KB and shoot for 500ish RWHP on the GT. The Shelby GT, while awesome, just doesn't make financial sense to me since I can build a better car on this platform ( s197 ) for less money. By the time I make a GT to brake, shift, accelerate, and handle like a GT500 I will exceed the MSRP of the GT500 ( GT + mods ), so the GT500 at MSRP makes sense to me more than anything else. Getting one is the problem.

Wow that was a mouthful.

Boy, they are really hyping up the "value". Hope the prices don't get stupid like the GT500

If a person really could not get a gt500, the shelby gt would certainly be a good substitute. I am afraid that the adm thing is going to also show up with the shelby gt however, and that by the time all is said and done, a buyer could get a gt500 for less than 10k difference. You are giving up a lot of performance potential for a 10K difference. I would find it hard to not come up with the extra for the gt500, even if it meant waiting until the end, and maybe a year 3 ?, to try and get at msrp.

Guest evilchris

If a person really could not get a gt500, the shelby gt would certainly be a good substitute. I am afraid that the adm thing is going to also show up with the shelby gt however, and that by the time all is said and done, a buyer could get a gt500 for less than 10k difference. You are giving up a lot of performance potential for a 10K difference. I would find it hard to not come up with the extra for the gt500, even if it meant waiting until the end, and maybe a year 3 ?, to try and get at msrp.

If we compared all 3 cars at MSRP:

1. Mustang GT

2. Shelby GT

3. GT500

I think you would need to pick 1 or 3. The Shelby GT is still way below the GT500 in performance but getting too close to its price.

Boy, they are really hyping up the "value". Hope the prices don't get stupid like the GT500

The whole GT500 ADM fiasco will do nothing but hurt the sales of the Shelby GT. I think most mustang consumers are going to forgo the added price of the Shelby and go with the regular GT. It's the huge HP difference and the fact that it's the 1st new collaboration between CS and Ford that's driving the ADM of the GT500. I have to agree with EC on this one, people interested in modding will go for the GT, Shelby fans will pursue the GT500. I know I wouldn't spend $1000's extra when the only difference is a badge and 30hp.

If we compared all 3 cars at MSRP:

1. Mustang GT

2. Shelby GT

3. GT500

I think you would need to pick 1 or 3. The Shelby GT is still way below the GT500 in performance but getting too close to its price.

depends how far you want to go with the mods and what the shelby gt adm ends up being. For most, the factory installed mods of the shelby gt will be enough. For them, if there is little or no adm, then you may actually get a better deal on the shelby gt. For greater performance, you are right, go with the mustang gt or the gt500. The trick now is finding a gt500 at a decent price. I have worked pretty hard at it, and the best deals I have found in Missouri are 11.5K and 2.5K. Not bad, but still more than I would prefer. I am reluctant to cancel either deal, well if nothing else, I have nothing better, and also, we have a lot of stories already of dealers backing out of firm deals.

Not interested in the Shelby GT...not enough performance for me and I'm not interested in buying a brand new car and then having to make a lot of modifications to it. If for some reason I could not get a GT500, I'd wait on another variant later...or perhaps start thinking about a Camaro when they come out (although I don't care for the looks of the concept Camaro).

Dave

depends how far you want to go with the mods and what the shelby gt adm ends up being. For most, the factory installed mods of the shelby gt will be enough. For them, if there is little or no adm, then you may actually get a better deal on the shelby gt. For greater performance, you are right, go with the mustang gt or the gt500. The trick now is finding a gt500 at a decent price. I have worked pretty hard at it, and the best deals I have found in Missouri are 11.5K and 2.5K. Not bad, but still more than I would prefer. I am reluctant to cancel either deal, well if nothing else, I have nothing better, and also, we have a lot of stories already of dealers backing out of firm deals.

KMCO-

Are you saying you recently found a GT500 for $2,500 over MSRP (or did you mean "12.5k")?

KMCO-

Are you saying you recently found a GT500 for $2,500 over MSRP (or did you mean "12.5k")?

Actually, I wandered into that deal a little over a year ago. Had started looking about 6 months prior to that, and was just having no luck getting anyone to even commit to any kind of a deal. Second deal was set up around 6 months ago, since the first dealer was selling me his second car, and no one was sure who would really get cars and how many. Now I am just a bit afraid to let either deal go; so I will probably sell off one if I really get two, but just at what I paid for it. Right now, the going price around kansas city still seems to be solid at 15K or so. Some are asking for 20K, but I think that price is real soft, and probably getting softer as we get into fall.

The dealer that commited to 2.5K just does not believe in "raping his customers" and has turned down deals for a lot more from other dealers. The biggest issue now is I am his second shelby, and he may only be getting two.

Archived