TEAM SHELBY FORUM

305/35/20 on SuperSnake Wheels

Had the opportunity to put some 305/35/20 Pirelli PZero on the SS wheels and they fit great. :headspin: ...had to remove the rear cooling ducts but I'll rework those after Tulsa...had to adjust the ride height up about 3/4"..will be at Tulsa running the track and drags...the full JBA LT headers with 3" all the way back with the Shelby by JBA engraved on the tips are awesome ...here's some pictures....Reg

post-2458-1213071408.jpg

post-2458-1213071455.jpg

post-2458-1213071485.jpg

post-2458-1213071408.jpg

post-2458-1213071455.jpg

post-2458-1213071485.jpg

more pics

Looks awesome. Make sure you put some masking tape over the rear fenders if you track it cause those things stick out past the fender enough to throw some asphalt up and scratch the paint.

Had the opportunity to put some 305/35/20 Pirelli PZero on the SS wheels and they fit great. :headspin: ...had to remove the rear cooling ducts but I'll rework those after Tulsa...had to adjust the ride height up about 3/4"..will be at Tulsa running the track and drags...the full JBA LT headers with 3" all the way back with the Shelby by JBA engraved on the tips are awesome ...here's some pictures....Reg

Awesome..congrats much better with wider tires....enjoy...

Looks fab, Reg. How wide are the SS wheels? I just ordered another set of 20x9 Razors that I'm going to widen to 10.5" for some 305s. Tell me - when does all of this silliness stop?

Glad to see you're still kickin - haven't seen you around here much.

Why do you have the exhaust tips sticking out so far?? IMO they should be tucked back a little.

I'll shoot you a picture from the top view...they really look god wht the engraving on them...

Looks fab, Reg. How wide are the SS wheels? I just ordered another set of 20x9 Razors that I'm going to widen to 10.5" for some 305s. Tell me - when does all of this silliness stop?

Glad to see you're still kickin - haven't seen you around here much.

The SS wheels are 10" and the 305's look great on them...wouldn't waste the money if the biggest your going to run are 305's...my silliness has stopped.. the full JBA was a killer so will stand pat for a while...I'm pretty much a lurker on the site...been working pretty hard on getting the footrest project off the ground...check out the website.Visit My Website..finally got ford licensing for the running pony so you should see more of them in aftermarket catalogs...are you going to Tulsa or Dearborn?

The SS wheels are 10" and the 305's look great on them...wouldn't waste the money if the biggest your going to run are 305's...my silliness has stopped.. the full JBA was a killer so will stand pat for a while...I'm pretty much a lurker on the site...been working pretty hard on getting the footrest project off the ground...check out the website.Visit My Website..finally got ford licensing for the running pony so you should see more of them in aftermarket catalogs...are you going to Tulsa or Dearborn?

Are you saying I could put these Pirelli 305s on 9" rims? I didn't think so.

Which JBA option (ahead of the mufflers) did you choose from the Shelby parts catalog? It appears that there are three different options.

R

That's quite an impressive customer testimonial there. Does he get any residuals?

Which JBA option (ahead of the mufflers) did you choose from the Shelby parts catalog? It appears that there are three different options.

R

JBA-6695-S LT HEADERS

JBA-6696-SXC X-PIPE

JBA-40-2633-1 3" EXHAUST WITH SHELBY TIP

JBA-6695-S LT HEADERS

JBA-6696-SXC X-PIPE

JBA-40-2633-1 3" EXHAUST WITH SHELBY TIP

When installing those long tube headers, did everything connect to them as was connected to the original GT500 manifolds? I see you installed the X w/cats, did you have any issues with "check engine light codes", or any issues with the O2 sensor connections? Where wire harness extensions required for the O2 sensors?

I have purchased the 3" with the X pipe that connects to the stock manifolds and then the same JBA-40-2633-1 as you have purchased. I am going to use the Ford Racing direct replacement headers instead of my manifolds, however, I would also like to pick up the long tubes and catted X like you purchased at some point, but I am also interested in any installation issues or computer issues with the LT set up.

I am still trying to figure out why these cars have hot/heavy cast iron exhaust manifolds?????????? It is like blowing the exhaust into a log!!

BTW - Those 305's do appear to fit well on those 10" rims.

R

When installing those long tube headers, did everything connect to them as was connected to the original GT500 manifolds? I see you installed the X w/cats, did you have any issues with "check engine light codes", or any issues with the O2 sensor connections? Where wire harness extensions required for the O2 sensors?

I have purchased the 3" with the X pipe that connects to the stock manifolds and then the same JBA-40-2633-1 as you have purchased. I am going to use the Ford Racing direct replacement headers instead of my manifolds, however, I would also like to pick up the long tubes and catted X like you purchased at some point, but I am also interested in any installation issues or computer issues with the LT set up.

I am still trying to figure out why these cars have hot/heavy cast iron exhaust manifolds?????????? It is like blowing the exhaust into a log!!

BTW - Those 305's do appear to fit well on those 10" rims.

R

Well the original manifold are off...no check engine light have run about 500 miles will no issues...cooling lines have to be rerouted and wiring lenghtened to get to the o2 sensors...for someone doing it the first time plan on 2 1/2 days...I'm sure some people have short cuts but Bill at R & A Motorsprots installed these and did a bang up job... :drool: better than factory fit..

Well the original manifold are off...no check engine light have run about 500 miles will no issues...cooling lines have to be rerouted and wiring lenghtened to get to the o2 sensors...for someone doing it the first time plan on 2 1/2 days...I'm sure some people have short cuts but Bill at R & A Motorsprots installed these and did a bang up job... :drool: better than factory fit..

Reg - Were you also able to move your original rear tires to the front and mount them on the 9" rims?

R

Reg - A question about the exhaust change.........Have you noticed any difference in the cars performance with the full 3" install?

Reg - A question about the exhaust change.........Have you noticed any difference in the cars performance with the full 3" install?

Had it dyno'ed last wed at 643rwhp and after Kenne Bell reviewd the log told me it was about 755 at the crank....

• 8 months later...

Reg,

Wheels look AWSOME and I'll have to keep this in mind for the future! :drool:

I've been torn on which exhaust to go with and have narrowed it down to JBA and Kooks. From what I'm reading it looks like the JBA is the way to go, does anyone have any opinion of these two?

MB

Archived