TEAM SHELBY FORUM

guage cluster how hard is it

o.k. thinking about a spp guage cluster for my hertz, anyone install,how hard is it really, is a hole in the firewall the only holes I have to make.

There is a rubber nipple on both sides where existing wire harness exit to the wheel wells. You just clip off the tip of the nipple and stuff your wire through, at least thats what I did.

If you email me at kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com, I'll be glad to send you the instructions in .pdf format. It might help you get a sense of what is involved. :) Regards,

Yeah, Keith knows his stuff. I got his instructions and followed them to the letter and my cluster looks (under the dash and hood) like a pro installed it.

The only change (which I believe Keith agreed with me) was on the fuel pressure sensor manifold. The original instructions say NOT to use sealing paste and to just really tighten the fittings. However, the pics in the instructions show a gold colored finish on the fuel pressure manifold, which is the light chromate finish. The kit comes with a black anodized manifold, which is nicer looking but is a heavier finish. The problem is that the anodize flakes and powders alot more than the light chromate finish when you tighten the fittings and thus prevents a seal. The bottom line is......... you need sealing paste. Use it sparingly and you won't have a problem. That's what I did.

o.k. thinking about a spp guage cluster for my hertz, anyone install,how hard is it really, is a hole in the firewall the only holes I have to make.

By the way, the cluster is one of the two best mods I've made (the other is replacing the steering wheel and shift boot with the GT500 versions). The cluster is very noticable from outside the car and it makes the dash look awesome. Cars in the next lane can easily see the cluster and in fact is one of the things that catches their eyes. Very, very cool mod.

Archived