TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Power window calibration

So here's the problem, my power windows seem to forget their calibration on random occasion, but it's almost always every time I come back to it after having set my windows and then turning the car off for a period of time. This results in the window either not closing properly after the door has been shut, or else when the window is auto opening, it goes passed the set point at the bottom and kind of clunks at the full extension of it's travel. It's starting to drive me nuts, this along with the tire pressure monitoring being seemingly unable to be properly calibrated and retained in the computer, I'm starting to wonder if I have a defective SJB or whatever unit the settings are contained in. Thoughts anyone?

Darren

I just purchased my car 2 weeks ago and the window wasn't shutting all the way. The salesman thought it needed repair until I read in the owners manuel on how to calibrate it. Check it out. I hope that's the problem.

Nick

I just purchased my car 2 weeks ago and the window wasn't shutting all the way. The salesman thought it needed repair until I read in the owners manuel on how to calibrate it. Check it out. I hope that's the problem.

Nick

Yeah I've done it the way they tell me to in the book but it keeps forgetting or resetting itself somehow.

So here's the problem, my power windows seem to forget their calibration on random occasion, but it's almost always every time I come back to it after having set my windows and then turning the car off for a period of time. This results in the window either not closing properly after the door has been shut, or else when the window is auto opening, it goes passed the set point at the bottom and kind of clunks at the full extension of it's travel. It's starting to drive me nuts, this along with the tire pressure monitoring being seemingly unable to be properly calibrated and retained in the computer, I'm starting to wonder if I have a defective SJB or whatever unit the settings are contained in. Thoughts anyone?

Darren

I would say just it was missed during setup at the dealer. Those can usually be calibrated. I had a window issue, tried the setup in manual and still had the problem. Ford tech said to clear calibration by activating the window and having someone pull the fuse. I could then calibrate it. Probably an easy fix back at the dealer.

Good luck

Al

I would say just it was missed during setup at the dealer. Those can usually be calibrated. I had a window issue, tried the setup in manual and still had the problem. Ford tech said to clear calibration by activating the window and having someone pull the fuse. I could then calibrate it. Probably an easy fix back at the dealer.

Good luck

Al

LOL, I wish I had as much faith in my local dealer as you do, I'll try the fuse thing though.

Archived