TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT flattery

I was in traffic in Huntsville AL yesterday and had something very interesting happen. This car pulls up on my left side and starts snapping pics. Then they fall back behind me and get some more. Next they get on my right rear and snap some quarter pics. I've gotten lots of thumbs up but this is the first picture taker I have encountered.

After we had gotten separated by traffic I told my girlfriend that it was kind of creepy to have someone taking pictures like that but it was also a little bit flattering. She told me that from the smile on my face it must have been nothing but flattering because I didn't look the least bit creeped out.

I was in traffic in Huntsville AL yesterday and had something very interesting happen. This car pulls up on my left side and starts snapping pics. Then they fall back behind me and get some more. Next they get on my right rear and snap some quarter pics. I've gotten lots of thumbs up but this is the first picture taker I have encountered.

After we had gotten separated by traffic I told my girlfriend that it was kind of creepy to have someone taking pictures like that but it was also a little bit flattering. She told me that from the smile on my face it must have been nothing but flattering because I didn't look the least bit creeped out.

LOL...yeah happened to me a few months ago. A guy pulled up next to me at a stop light and asked if it would be ok if he took a few pics to show his son. Never happened with any other car I have ever owned. Usually the women want to take pictures of me! Now this damn car has taken the spotlight away!

Last night after our Mustang Club meeting we went outside to see the newest Mustang additions to the club...a couple of Bullets in the club. (It was shortly after 8 PM) Our meetings our held at a local pizza shop in a strip plaza with lots of small sandwich, icecream parlor and snack shops. Great evening location for cars and familys.

While we were all standing there I noticed a "Soccer Mom" drive by in her mini van. She stops when she reaches the white 07SGT and my blue 08SGT parked side by side. (By the way two SGT's were parked next to a Ben & Jerry's icecream shop) She got out and took a couple of pictures with her cell phone. Said her husband would never believe her if she did not have pictures.

At that point it was like the flood gates opened with people coming over to look at our two cars leaving the Bullets by themselves. To see one SGT is Cool, but to see two side by side takes the cake. Most of the other Mustangs had left by 9 pm. It was almost 9:30 before we left (hour and half after the meeting). We left people standing in the parking lot watching us drive out.

I love this car.

Another cool thing is next time you are out in the SGT, and stopped at a light, look at the person behind you reading the S H E L B Y on the trunk deck and trying to figure out what it is.

I live on a small Hawaiian island of about 60,000 people. AND LOTS OF TOURISTS

When I took my son to the movie theater we ran into one of his friends and her mother.

She knew where I worked and asked if i knew who in the building just got a Mustang (still had temp. plates on it)

When I told her it was mine, she was amazed, she whipped out her cell phone in the movie theater, pulled up a picture of my car and asked

"THIS IS YOUR CAR???"

Since then (about a year ago) I have at least one person a week ask me at work if I know who owns the car, sometimes they describe it, sometimes they show me a picture on their cell phone.

Sometimes they bring people in and say-- this is the guy, this is the guy with the SHELBY, while pointing at me.

It is amazing, It makes me keep the car insanely clean ! Even when i get gas... people crowd around it.

Oh, we also have a huge amount of mustang v6 vert rentals , and one GT-H. Daily people point and jaws drop when they see me on the road. Sometimes we count the pointers and the mouthers (you know where you see them mouth "S H E L B Y"

SO, In about a year you get used to it.- but never tire of it.

I get car detailers asking me weekly- "who does your car?" and passing me a card.

My seven year old loves it and reminds me, that HE PICKED the car. Now he wants a KR. or a FORD GT.

Last DAY of school last week- KID comes up to me, "Mr is that your race car? Is it a shelby? What kinda job do you have, because i know those things are really expensive" and finallly "What's it do in the quarter?"

Kid was in 5th grade.... Future Shelby owner, I bet.

My son and I are dying to go to Terlingua, but we couldn't bring the car from Hawaii

Honestly , daily i have someone ask me about my 07 SGT 1244

Archived