TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 V6 Appearance Package

08SGT1977

Wow. The 2009 V6 Appearance Package looks like it's taken a few styling cues from the Shelby GT, GT/CS, and GT. I think it looks nice but I also liked the old V6 Appearance Package as well that had the smaller fog lights and the pony in the corral.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/gallery/browseimages.php?c=484

The stripes even look a bit like the Super Snake...

Not much of a mystery why the public is confused by all the "stripe stuff." The stripes on this one are al little like the Super Snake stripes. Now THAT would be an interesting bit of confusion.

Jim

Talk about clones, no wonder people are confused about the SGTs :banghead:

I had to look up what was in the package...here is what was in the 2008 V6 Appearance package. Looks very similar to 2009 package.

V6 Appearance Package moreinfo.gif $2,395/$2,084

• Includes black satin front lip spoiler, GT hood scoop, rear deck lid applique and body-color side scoops.

• Installed options at the Mustang Modification Center.

I also liked the old V6 Appearance Package as well that had the smaller fog lights and the pony in the corral.

The 08 V6 App Pkg had the billett grill - no fog lights or pony in the corral. You're thinking of the V6 Pony Pkg which is a different package.

The 08 V6 App Pkg had the billett grill - no fog lights or pony in the corral. You're thinking of the V6 Pony Pkg which is a different package.

Thanks for the correction Five-Oh B. I guess I had never seen nor heard of the "Appearance Package". Both packages look sharp. I am glad they are different as not having to replace one with the other.

As the fat guy on American Idol would say . . . I'm just not feeling it, dude. I don't think that billet grill looks good without the Shelby front end. The original V6 Pony Package is still the best (what a surprise).

I saw one in Vapor at my dealer on Sat. The car is trying to be a retro Mach 1 but with a V6. Black painted GT wing and hood scoop with a '70 Mach 1 style hood stripe. Side scoops, back panel, chin spoiler, and '08 Shelby grille. 18" wheels. It will just confuse on-lookers more as to what they are looking at.

It will just confuse on-lookers more as to what they are looking at.

There is something special about confusing on-lookers - I do it everyday with my supercharged GT dressed in V6 clothing.

Gotta say, though, I really like the looks of the V6 Appearance Package. Especially in Grabber Orange or Vapor Silver.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we talking about V6 4.0L's that will get their derrières stomped by a Nissan Altmia 3.5SE at stop lights? If so, it doesn't make sense to dress them up like they're snorting 300+ HP when they're not. I could never understand having "racing" stripes on the std V6 model. I have someone in my neighborhood with stripes on their V6 convertible and several times I have made them a "dot" in my rearview mirror from a stoplight...maybe they should hand over their stripes to me and let me put them on my car...stripes, scoops, fat tires, etc., belong on FAST cars only...IMHO...

Did anyone notice the fender badge? Looks to be a 45th Anniversary, similar to the 35th & 40th.

I saw it but could not make it out. Looked like a horse shoe or something??

I think the (non-Shelby CS6) V6 mustang is just a good looking car, period, in all of its various packages. However, my favorite Ford package is the pony package. And of course, the CS6 is beautiful too.

I believe that the car pictured also has a glass back roof too. The stripes? Coming from an SS owner, having those stripes on a V6 car really sucks, but I also think that there really won't be too much confusion between the two models at a stop light, especally when one of them can put down a tire patch a half a block long.

But having said that, the thing that bugs me about those stripes the most is that Amy and SAI worked hard to perserve the Super Snake's brand ID with the SS stripe layout, and along comes FoMoCo who essentally just peed on that brand ID IMO.

Archived