TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Feels Like Throttle/Gas Pedal Sticking

My 07 SGT has only 600 miles on it. A couple of days ago it started to feel like my gas pedal was sticking a little between shifts with the RPM's staying up. I realize the throttle is electronic, and the dealer said there is not an adjustment on it. Has anybody had this experience and is the dealer correct?

Thanks, Nick

Maybe it's from sitting too long and not being driven hard :hysterical: LOL!!!!! My 07 SGT 3500 miles #405 runs like a champ with no problems.....except for the scoop but as we all know that's a whole other story :talkhand: ......Put the pedal to the medal and run it hard!!!!!! :shift::shift:

Your pedal shouldn't be sticking... if it is, it could cause an accident if it gets worse. Go back to your dealer and tell them very nicely but very firmly that it isn't normal and you want it made right. If you can't get satisfaction from your dealer, go to another Ford dealer. Any dealer will fix it under warranty.

Your pedal shouldn't be sticking... if it is, it could cause an accident if it gets worse. Go back to your dealer and tell them very nicely but very firmly that it isn't normal and you want it made right. If you can't get satisfaction from your dealer, go to another Ford dealer. Any dealer will fix it under warranty.

+1 ...sticking throttle is nothing to mess around with.

Does it feel to your foot like it's sticking (wheh you let up your foot comes off the pedal initially) or is it just that the revs come down slowly?

I ask that because the old 'dashpot' function (which slows the rate of transition to trailing throttle) can be controlled by the ECU/tune, so maybe the SGT has a slow 'dashpot' setting in the tune (historically done to controll NOx emissions on trail-off) or maybe it's actually physically sticking -- dunno. I assume you've checked physical things like floormats. Also, with the engine off, buty the pedal with your hand in the carpet and release -- it's slaps your had back (as opposed to following your had up with no gap) it's sticking. Just some thoughts.

If you suspect it's physically sticking, don't take no for an answer from the dealer. See another dealer and/or have them give you the region reps number if they won't be responsive -- s/he will definately listen to a sticking-throttle complaint, imo. Dealer *must* give you region rep name/# if you request it. Region rep is FoMoCo employee, not dealer.

Goos luck and be safe.

If this is something thats easily reproducable, make the Service Advisor take a ride in the car with you and show him/her what its doing. This is clearly a safety issue - something I have to believe they would want to get taken care of.

+1 ...sticking throttle is nothing to mess around with.

Does it feel to your foot like it's sticking (wheh you let up your foot comes off the pedal initially) or is it just that the revs come down slowly?

I ask that because the old 'dashpot' function (which slows the rate of transition to trailing throttle) can be controlled by the ECU/tune, so maybe the SGT has a slow 'dashpot' setting in the tune (historically done to controll NOx emissions on trail-off) or maybe it's actually physically sticking -- dunno. I assume you've checked physical things like floormats. Also, with the engine off, buty the pedal with your hand in the carpet and release -- it's slaps your had back (as opposed to following your had up with no gap) it's sticking. Just some thoughts.

If you suspect it's physically sticking, don't take no for an answer from the dealer. See another dealer and/or have them give you the region reps number if they won't be responsive -- s/he will definately listen to a sticking-throttle complaint, imo. Dealer *must* give you region rep name/# if you request it. Region rep is FoMoCo employee, not dealer.

Goos luck and be safe.

Mine behaves like this as well. After dropping throttle, it stays around the same RPM and slowly drops within a period of a few seconds, I just assumed it was to smooth out shifts for people that suck at stick. lol, dunno, hasn't ever really bothered me, I've been driving standard since I was 16. I did notice that it helped my girlfriend make smoother transitions though, and she's never driven a standard short of a grain truck which is significantly easier to start from standstill due to gearing and torque. You can pretty much dump the clutch sans throttle and it will just walk away chugging.

I appreciate all the feed back! I did check everything that was mentioned. It's not that the pedal is actually sticking, it feels more or less like

the effect of a sticky pedal (the revs coming down slowly). I have to let off the gas first, pause a 1/2 second, then shift. It's just wierd that it was fine at first then I noticed a change. My wife says it's probably my shifting, but I don't think so.

Thanks again,

Nick

I appreciate all the feed back! I did check everything that was mentioned. It's not that the pedal is actually sticking, it feels more or less like

the effect of a sticky pedal (the revs coming down slowly). I have to let off the gas first, pause a 1/2 second, then shift. It's just wierd that it was fine at first then I noticed a change. My wife says it's probably my shifting, but I don't think so.

Thanks again,

Nick

Sounds like the fact that it changed means something's not right :shrug:

Archived