TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Colorado Breakfast Club

rpretzel

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks every one! Had a great day. Fun ride , Especially enjoyed the tour of the fire station. Bit of a panic when I hammered to catch up to Jeff and the flipping sheriff came around the corner just at the moment. Pucker effect. :drop:

On the way home what a ride :superhero: - Driving down I-25 at 85 mile per hour windy as all get out and a large piece of debris "Part of a cooler" smacked the right side of the car. Minor scratches on the mirror. :censored:

Posted picture on Photo Bucket :http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/RJLawleys/Shelby%20Break%20Fast%20Club%208-2-08/

post-20272-1217712420.jpg

post-20272-1217712532.jpg

post-20272-1217712582.jpg

post-20272-1217712626.jpg

post-20272-1217712420.jpg

post-20272-1217712532.jpg

post-20272-1217712582.jpg

post-20272-1217712626.jpg

I wanted to thank you all for a very nice welcome into your group. I look forward to many more outings, now that I am set up on the Team Shelby site.

Thanks Rob.

Rob, glad you were able to make the breakfast. Sorry I wasn't available as it looks like it was a nice outing. I'm looking forward to September. Maybe we will have 5 cars coming from the Springs.

Wes

Rob it was great to meet you! Robert sorry to hear about the mirror damage! I bet in way we made that

sheriff's day.

CC

Jill had just stated your hold up the line speed up :peelout: . So I did next I know the Sheriff is tapping his brakes..

Thought Great Here come the Ticket... Good thing everyone was running tight...

:party2: :party2:

Jill had just stated your hold up the line speed up :peelout: . So I did next I know the Sheriff is tapping his brakes..

Thought Great Here come the Ticket... Good thing everyone was running tight...

I saw his brake lights and thought well if he is gonna flip a uturn he is gonna get all of us! My sister was with us and said the cops are always on that part of the road because of the shooting range we passed just seconds later. Sorry to hear about the mirror hope it waswsn't to bad!! Lani and I went to golden tonight for about 2 hours and man was there a lot of really nice Hot rods from bucket T's to a gt-40 it was amazing to see must have been well over a 1,000 cars there what a great time. If you havn't done the golden saturday night thing got to put it on your list of summer events it is a great couple of hours to see everything ever built!! Look forward to September and a couple of us were thinking maybe Colorado Springs "Garden of the Gods" might be a nice crusie??? Wes what do you think?

Mick :party2: :party2:

I saw his brake lights and thought well if he is gonna flip a uturn he is gonna get all of us! My sister was with us and said the cops are always on that part of the road because of the shooting range we passed just seconds later. Sorry to hear about the mirror hope it waswsn't to bad!! Lani and I went to golden tonight for about 2 hours and man was there a lot of really nice Hot rods from bucket T's to a gt-40 it was amazing to see must have been well over a 1,000 cars there what a great time. If you havn't done the golden saturday night thing got to put it on your list of summer events it is a great couple of hours to see everything ever built!! Look forward to September and a couple of us were thinking maybe Colorado Springs "Garden of the Gods" might be a nice crusie??? Wes what do you think?

WE went through a section by Erie and next thing was every was blowing across the road. Jill has video of the wind storm. :camera:

Worked on the car last night - Able to get the scratches out of the plastic around the mirror - Lots of Elbow grease :yahoo:

Yeah, that would be a nice cruise! Maybe breakfast, cruise thru Garden of the Gods, then up the pass to Woodland Park, check out the Cruise Above the Clouds carshow, and then the Denver folks could hit the back road thru Deckers back up to Denver. Thoughts? The Cruise Above the Clouds Car show is the 13th.

Wes

Yeah, that would be a nice cruise! Maybe breakfast, cruise thru Garden of the Gods, then up the pass to Woodland Park, check out the Cruise Above the Clouds carshow, and then the Denver folks could hit the back road thru Deckers back up to Denver. Thoughts? The Cruise Above the Clouds Car show is the 13th.

Wes

Wes,

the 13th should be a great weekend to do it. I would think with the car show and the garden of the gods it would be a great day! I am not familiar with the route thru Deckers but I'm sure it is a beautiful drive and would make for a great finish to a great day.

Chim in folks how does this sound????

The 13th will not work for me and a couple others as that is the day for the Wild West Autofest that is put on by the Denver Mustang Club down at Clement Park in Littleton. It's a big nice show on the grass in conjunction with the Jefferson County Summer Set Festival, so there always a lot to see and plenty of food and fun. Usually right around 600+ cars. But I do agree that a September run to the Springs might be in order. You guys always make the run up here, so we should do the same!

I am open just about any weekend in September right now so what ever we pick lani and I should be able to make it. Jeff would like mor info on the Wild West car show do you have a link?

Mick

I started a separate topic for this show.

I am sorry I missed all the fun. Please keep me posted and I will attempt to make the one on September. I did not see any vapor GT500's in your pics. I am here in the Pinery just north of Franktown

Wow another Parkerite!!! Well now we have 3 in Parker and 1 in Franktown and I know of another 07 GT here in Cantebury close to me but I can't figure out where he lives. So we could have 4 from Parker 2 GT's and 2 500's! :happy feet:

September could be a real good time I plan on doing the Wild West show! :party2:

I am sorry I missed all the fun. Please keep me posted and I will attempt to make the one on September. I did not see any vapor GT500's in your pics. I am here in the Pinery just north of Franktown

Welcome briarpatch!. Good to see another Shelby in Parker. Drop me a PM with your email address and cell phone, and I'll be sure to include you on all future Breakfast Club communications.

Archived