TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Colorado Breakfast Club

rpretzel

Ok all. If I'm going to assist with the August breakfast, we will have to plan either Saturday August 2nd, or Sunday the 3rd at the Gunther Toody's diner at highway 7 and I-25 (the Brighton/Lafayette) exit. I'm out of town the rest of the weekends. If we wanted to do a photo shoot at the Adam's County museum, it would have to be Saturday as they are not open on Sunday's. They have a great reproduction of a 1930's Conoco station which is a great place for a photo. What does everybody think? If it would work better on a different weekend, that is fine, I just will not be around or be able to help out.

Works for me.

CC

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok all. If I'm going to assist with the August breakfast, we will have to plan either Saturday August 2nd, or Sunday the 3rd at the Gunther Toody's diner at highway 7 and I-25 (the Brighton/Lafayette) exit. I'm out of town the rest of the weekends. If we wanted to do a photo shoot at the Adam's County museum, it would have to be Saturday as they are not open on Sunday's. They have a great reproduction of a 1930's Conoco station which is a great place for a photo. What does everybody think? If it would work better on a different weekend, that is fine, I just will not be around or be able to help out.

We're in ! We'll watch for details.

Won't be able to make this one. We'll be in Vegas. If I'm lucky I'll be coming back with a Kenne Bell under the hood. Otherwise we'll just settle for a week with friends. and the Rod Stewart concert (which is really the reason for the timing of the trip). Floor level, good section of the MGM Grand.

Next weekend won't work either - the plan is to stop at the Gateway (CO) auto museum on the 9th.

Enjoy, and see you in September!

If there is interest in video clips from this weekends Breakfast meeting let me know. :lurk:

Converting from HIDEF to mpg4 still doesn’t fit for the forum.

Stop light get away. Speed limit ? :shift:

Send me a PM with your email address.

Thanks Robert

Thanks for helping out with the next breakfast. I will not be able to make it if it's on Saturday, August 2nd. I've got a golf tournament that day. I can do Sunday the 3rd, but I might be a little hung over. It's one of those kinds of golf tourneys.

Let me know when you have reached a consensus on the day, and I'll send out email notifications to everyone on the contact list.

August 2nd early morning will work for me. We are planning on going to the Golden Car Cruise in the late afternoon. If you have never been to one you owe it to yourself to go. The whole town turns into a cruise night with every kind of car represented and there is very little junk. It might just be a great place to show up with a bunch of Shelbys.

August 2nd early morning will work for me. We are planning on going to the Golden Car Cruise in the late afternoon. If you have never been to one you owe it to yourself to go. The whole town turns into a cruise night with every kind of car represented and there is very little junk. It might just be a great place to show up with a bunch of Shelbys.

WELL WE JUST MIGHT MAKE THIS ONE-----BREAKFAST CLUB

CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE GOLDEN THING?

THANKS BOB

WELL WE JUST MIGHT MAKE THIS ONE-----BREAKFAST CLUB

CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE GOLDEN THING?

THANKS BOB

Sure. The first Saturday of every month during the summer months the city of Golden turns into one huge cruise night. I'd say there are probably 1000 cars there if not more. Cars start showing up about 3-4PM and by 5:00 you're lucky to find a place to park in the town. Cars cruise up and down Washington all night long, and they are NICE cars, not junk. Some are really rare cars.

There are everything from street rods to exotics that show up. The city of Golden has been doing this for a few years now and it has grown into one of the largest cruise night in the country. You have to see it to believe it.

If you can, plan on showing up. The town rattles all night with the sounds of loud pipes, supercharges, and the occasional screech of rubber (the cops are still out.

By the way, Pauline and I are planning on coming to the breakfast. Don't know if she'll have her car there as she's getting a wing put on, but she should have it by Saturday night. If she gets it back Friday we'll have both cars there for breakfast.

Saturday the 2nd won't work for me as I have tickets to the U.S. Senior Open tournament at the Broadmoor. Maybe I'll skip this one and make September, but I'll see what the final date is and arrange accordingly. Lindsey

Same here-at the Senior Open. Will stay tuned for the final plan. What a great time at Red Rocks!

Mark

I will firm up the route and plans later today. However, it looks like Saturday August 2nd will have to be the date if we want to do the photo op at the museum. I'm stopping by Gunther Toody's later today on my way home. I will also add a stop at the fire station where I work which is right next to the road we will be taking to the fair grounds at Havana and Highway 7. We can do a quick tour there if everybody wants and can take a group shot in front of the fire station. Then we will head down Riverdale Road which is a nice twisty road from highway 7 to 124th avenue right to the museum. It looks like the group may be a bit smaller on this one, but should be a great trip with some nice photos and some working of the suspensions on a twisty road.

I will firm up the route and plans later today. However, it looks like Saturday August 2nd will have to be the date if we want to do the photo op at the museum. I'm stopping by Gunther Toody's later today on my way home. I will also add a stop at the fire station where I work which is right next to the road we will be taking to the fair grounds at Havana and Highway 7. We can do a quick tour there if everybody wants and can take a group shot in front of the fire station. Then we will head down Riverdale Road which is a nice twisty road from highway 7 to 124th avenue right to the museum. It looks like the group may be a bit smaller on this one, but should be a great trip with some nice photos and some working of the suspensions on a twisty road.

Jeff, thanks for working on this. I spotted a GT-H today getting on I-25 at Woodman here in Colorado Springs. Good looking car, but yours looks better with those Razors!

Wes

We're set for 9:00 am at the Gunther Toody's. I need to start getting a decent count on who can come. Please PM me or reply here if you are coming Saturday morning August 2nd. Also, the Adams County Fair and Rodeo is going on that weekend at the Adams County Fairgrounds. The Museum is just in front of the fairgrounds near Riverdale Golf Course, so there are always those activities going on after out museum visit if anybody wanted.

We're set for 9:00 am at the Gunther Toody's. I need to start getting a decent count on who can come. Please PM me or reply here if you are coming Saturday morning August 2nd. Also, the Adams County Fair and Rodeo is going on that weekend at the Adams County Fairgrounds. The Museum is just in front of the fairgrounds near Riverdale Golf Course, so there are always those activities going on after out museum visit if anybody wanted.

we will be there.

bob and ronnie

Jeff - Pauline and I can make it (2 cars) but it seems that a lot of folks won't be able to make it on the 2nd because of conflicting commitments. Do you think it'd be better to move the breakfast to a different date?

We'll just stick with this date for now. May be a smaller group, but we'll have fun. For me to arrange this, I have to do it on this date as I'm out of town the rest of the weekends in August for races.

We'll just stick with this date for now. May be a smaller group, but we'll have fun. For me to arrange this, I have to do it on this date as I'm out of town the rest of the weekends in August for races.

OK, in that case the date sounds good. We will be there. Thanks for setting this up.

Jill and I will be there look forward to it.

Good thing its this weekend. Next Weekend we're at pinks all out. My brothers racing and I'm the crew :happy feet:

:devil: There just might be a grudge match brewing :superhero:

So far we have 9 cars and 15 people. At least a decent group. Sorry that I couldn't set up a different weekend to get more folks involved.

Vapor (2)

08SGT1042 (2)

Old Guy (2) 2 cars

EUSMCBOB (2)

Cobra Crazy (1)

Myself (3)

Backafter20 (2)

Rpretzel (1)

Archived