TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Colorado Breakfast Club

rpretzel

The pictures were all reduced to 1024x??? to fit Photobucket so the quality while good here isn't the best. If anyone would like a higher resolution picture of anything PM me your email address and the picture number (DSC_xxxx) and I'll make a full resolution jpg for you.

I think I'm all caught up from my delinquencies from my computer outage.

Thank got for 4GB flash cards on the camera!

By the way, seeing these compared to the night pictures and the D700 is one to get. It's not cheap but if you are serious about photography and have an investment in Nikon lenses (like I do) this is the end of film. I won't be looking back. Anyone want to by a Nikon 8008 (I'll never let the F2 go).

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The pictures were all reduced to 1024x??? to fit Photobucket so the quality while good here isn't the best. If anyone would like a higher resolution picture of anything PM me your email address and the picture number (DSC_xxxx) and I'll make a full resolution jpg for you.

I think I'm all caught up from my delinquencies from my computer outage.

Thank got for 4GB flash cards on the camera!

By the way, seeing these compared to the night pictures and the D700 is one to get. It's not cheap but if you are serious about photography and have an investment in Nikon lenses (like I do) this is the end of film. I won't be looking back. Anyone want to by a Nikon 8008 (I'll never let the F2 go).

Tony great pics thanks for shareing...

Mick

Great pics Tony! As for the October breakfast, someone asked of anyone was stationed at Buckley. I am, but getting a group of uncleared people on base isn't going to happen, and getting a group photo on the tarmac is likely to get the one holding the camera shot with an M16. There is a usually empty parking lot on Jewell, just south of the runway where people sometimes stop to watch the F16s land and take off. It would make an ok photo, but not an outstanding one, even if a jet happened to be in the frame. There is a static display of aircraft inside the base, but no one without military or government civilian ID can get in. I am at a loss to suggest anywhere scenic on the east side. The Aurora Reservoir will charge $5 a car to get in, but might have a decent view or two. A big hillside of flowers, if someone knows of one, might be all the prairie has to offer...

Nothing wrong with repeating the west. The mountains are gorgeous!

How about meeting at the Shelby Collection Museum in Boulder? They're open Saturdays, and it's certainly appropriate. A lot closer for Tony, too!

Jim

The Elk are bugeling and the Aspens are turning so the wife and I are headed to the hills on Saturday...Estes park area is where we thought we would head to, if the sun is shining "Shelby" if its rainy "Yukon" either way got to get away from the city...maybe breakfast on the way?

Having been a Recruiter stationed at Buckly Naval reserve center in the 90's, there was a static F-4 or F-8 at the gate to enter the reserve center, I believe this gate is locked down due to security now I'm sure, there is a pull in area for the entrance but we would draw attention from the AFP/Security if we pulled in there to long, this gate is east/south of the 6th ave gate.

I think all of going to Boulder to the museum is a great idea as well. I heard on the news that someone is forecasting first snow 19 Oct...way to soon for me.

What ever is decided i will do my best to attend! Look forward to it.

Mick

Hey guys!

It looks like we have several votes for having the next breakfast in Boulder with follow-up pics at the Shelby American Collection museum. Seems like a pretty good idea to me.

The museum is only open on Saturdays, so this weekend probably would not work.

Please give me you feedback on Saturday, October 11th.

Rick

Update... for those who might be interested I spoke with my son this morning and he is trying to get to work on the pictures from GOG and the Red Rocks to make some posters for us also we kicked around some ideas about a shop calendar for those who might be interested I will let everyone know how this is going when I have better details.

thanks

mick

Hey guys!

It looks like we have several votes for having the next breakfast in Boulder with follow-up pics at the Shelby American Collection museum. Seems like a pretty good idea to me.

Rick

We've already got reservations to go to Gateway Museum that weekend. 18th works. Remember, they're open all year round.

Update... for those who might be interested I spoke with my son this morning and he is trying to get to work on the pictures from GOG and the Red Rocks to make some posters for us also we kicked around some ideas about a shop calendar for those who might be interested I will let everyone know how this is going when I have better details.

thanks

mick

All of my RR pictures are posted, so if you see any you want I can send either a high-res JPG or the camera raw file (raw is better for making exposure or other adjustments.) Just pm or email me.

Hey guys!

Rick

Rick does not look like our car will be fixed in time. For OCT 11th. Still waiting on parts. Really do not want to grind gears in front of the Breakfast club.

Keep us posted on up coming events.

Robert

Rick does not look like our car will be fixed in time. For OCT 11th. Still waiting on parts. Really do not want to grind gears in front of the Breakfast club.

Keep us posted on up coming events.

Robert

Bring your daily driver. No reason you can't hang out for breakfast.

My SGT is my daily driver. I may swipe my daughter's truck if the roads get particularly bad this winter, but I drove my '05 Mustang GT the last two winters with little problem. You just gotta take it easy...

I can make it on the 11th. Looking forward to it.

Just an idea, maybe we need to make a new thread for each Breakfast club meeting? What with all the photos that get posted :camera: , it might make it easier for us to navigate to the current month's discussion. I assume we won't be meeting over the winter?

My SGT is my daily driver. I may swipe my daughter's truck if the roads get particularly bad this winter, but I drove my '05 Mustang GT the last two winters with little problem. You just gotta take it easy...

I can make it on the 11th. Looking forward to it.

Just an idea, maybe we need to make a new thread for each Breakfast club meeting? What with all the photos that get posted :camera: , it might make it easier for us to navigate to the current month's discussion. I assume we won't be meeting over the winter?

I like the idea of a new topic. This one takes a long time to load with all the old pics.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived