TEAM SHELBY FORUM

fay's watts-link on the 08 GT500KR

Hello,

I also have concerns about (wheel-hop) and I was curious if installing the (watts-link) will prevent that, or what should be done if anything to cure that problem. Is it still even and issue?

American Muscle cars are alive and well and SAI are building some of the best examples known to man, support you local Hot Rod Shops, Yenko, Motion, Shelby, ah, the good ole' days are back, I just wish the gas prices we that of the yester years.

Support America and buy American.

Hello,

I also have concerns about (wheel-hop) and I was curious if installing the (watts-link) will prevent that, or what should be done if anything to cure that problem. Is it still even and issue?

American Muscle cars are alive and well and SAI are building some of the best examples known to man, support you local Hot Rod Shops, Yenko, Motion, Shelby, ah, the good ole' days are back, I just wish the gas prices we that of the yester years.

Support America and buy American.

Just change the upper and lower control arms. Maybe SPP will have theirs out when the KR production starts and you can have them upgrade them during the conversion.

Watts link

http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/t_suspension.htm

Sorry, but there are absolutely no add on's or changes allowed on any of the packages. The package content is locked and any other desired changes must be done by the owner after the car leaves SAI.

The Watts link, any Watts link, is not designed to control wheel hop. It's main purpose is to limit the differental's lateral geometry (side to side movement) from shifting during hard cornering.

You know how a stock Mustang's rear end has a tendancy to skip out during cornering on an uneven road surface? The Watts link stops that from happening.

Although the extra weight of the Watts link added to the rear of the car will certainly help reduce the wheel hop, changing the rear springs and the UCA's and LCA's will eleminate it.

Sorry, but there are absolutely no add on's or changes allowed on any of the packages. The package content is locked and any other desired changes must be done by the owner after the car leaves SAI.

The Watts link, any Watts link, is not designed to control wheel hop. It's main purpose is to limit the differental's lateral geometry (side to side movement) from shifting during hard cornering.

You know how a stock Mustang's rear end has a tendancy to skip out during cornering on an uneven road surface? The Watts link stops that from happening.

Although the extra weight of the Watts link added to the rear of the car will certainly help reduce the wheel hop, changing the rear springs and the UCA's and LCA's will eleminate it.

E, are you 100% sure about the KR. Amy said,

The guys finished the list yesterday, I believe they are checking with Ford and tey will then post it online, sorry for the delay.

Amy

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24371

Archived