TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Aussie Snake's have Landed

Aussie Snake

Congrats on the cars and just curious on how much a SS or a GT 500 goes for where you guys are?....

By the time you ship it over, pay 10% GST, 10 pct Customs Duty, 33% Luxury car Tax, all shipping and clearing costs,

conversion costs...the basic price for a GT500 goes up to aound $150,000 USD....opps i forgot stamp duty, add another 10k.

It just gets worse for the super snake.....

But then again, a basic porsche 911 is $200,000 over here, the Merc C63 AMG $165,000 to put it in perspective.

The chrysler C300's over here are a bargain by comparision at around $65-70k USD...

And you can buy the Holden equivalent Pontiac G8 for around $60k USD...

My super snake cost is high... but then again, ill sell my left and right kidneys before this car.

[y the time you ship it over, pay 10% GST, 10 pct Customs Duty, 33% Luxury car Tax, all shipping and clearing costs,

conversion costs...the basic price for a GT500 goes up to aound $150,000 USD....opps i forgot stamp duty, add another 10k.

It just gets worse for the super snake.....

But then again, a basic porsche 911 is $200,000 over here, the Merc C63 AMG $165,000 to put it in perspective.

The chrysler C300's over here are a bargain by comparision at around $65-70k USD...

And you can buy the Holden equivalent Pontiac G8 for around $60k USD...

My super snake cost is high... but then again, ill sell my left and right kidneys before this car.

Thanks for the info.....enjoy again guys....

congratulations to AussieSnake, great rides. just wondering, i was taking to a couple of guys from Austrailia, two weeks ago at our local 1/8 mi and they said all cars had to be converted to 'right' hand drive. is that yet to be done or do you not need to. they also mentioned that they knew of a GT500 which was brought over and cost 200,00 after conversion and all those extra charges.

congratulations to AussieSnake, great rides. just wondering, i was taking to a couple of guys from Austrailia, two weeks ago at our local 1/8 mi and they said all cars had to be converted to 'right' hand drive. is that yet to be done or do you not need to. they also mentioned that they knew of a GT500 which was brought over and cost 200,00 after conversion and all those extra charges.

What the Aussie guys told you is in fact correct. All new cars must be converted to RHD, in fact I think it's all cars less than 20 years old must be RHD.

At retail, GT500's are around the AUD$200,000 mark (or USD$192,000).

People who have them here seem to fall in to one of two categories: have loads of disposable income, or are extremely passionate about the GT500 (or both).

Another thing to be aware of, is as soon as the car leaves the country, the factory warranty is null and void. Therefore any required repairs are 100% out of the owners pocket.

As you can see there can be a few risks in purchasing a car which isn't locally produced or commercially imported.

• 1 month later...

HEY! great to see another Australian Shelby mustang fan. Fantastic looking vehicle I love the colour combination :drool: ! I am live in Perth and I'm trying to have the Shelby GT-C shipped here, but I'm not having any luck. I don't know if I want to convert to right hand drive though. Well I hope you are enjoying you beautiful car. Cheers!

Congrats on the Snake. Hope its everythign you'd hoped. I'm quite sure it will get even more attention than they do here, and that's a lot...

(OK, I was really hoping it was a thread about the Falcon Cobra GT Boss 302, but I'm just selfish...)

Thanks Guys,

The car is awesome, and now that i have learnt to drive it a little i am enjoying it immensly.

My car is scheduled for conversion early August, but we may be delaying it until the parts arrive from Griggs to update the suspension to the Griggs GR40 program. It will then handle as good as it looks.

I get to drive it only on Saturday and Sunday (officially between my house and Mustang Motorsports only as i have a restricted use permit until the conversion is done ), but hey its winter and im not going to be taking her out to play much

at the moment anyway.

I cant wait until its right hand drive and can post all the pictures !!!

Cheers Guys

Speak soon.

Jason.

Hi Amanda,

I saw your car on saturday, stripped and getting converted. I didnt have my camera unfortunately, we tried to take a couple of photos on the phone but it didnt turn out. (Are you having the shelby alcoas put on ? it will look great, you could add the KR hood and you would have your own Kitt car haha).

We are going with the full GR40 ST package, plus the watts link.

I will be shelving the standard shelby super snake suspension, just for the future.

PM me the answer.

Regards

Jason.

Thx Grabber we had a blast unloading the cars, i cant wait to drive a right hand version.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys just an update....

My car is now Right hand drive and has the full griggs GT40 suspension upgrade, front, rear and watts link.

I thought the car wa fantastic before.... Holy cow... what a difference.

Have a good xmas everyone and speak to you later.

Regards

Jason

ShelbyDec08133.jpg

ShelbyDec08135.jpg

ShelbyDec08143.jpg

ShelbyDec08144.jpg

ShelbyDec08145.jpg

ShelbyDec08146.jpg

Archived