TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010MY GT350/GT350R

The S-GT is an incredible deal right now, no doubt. It has excellent driving attributes and you can drive it all day. Add an S/C (preferably at SAI's shop or one of our authorized shops) and you have a certified monster.

For those of you who have not ridden in a GT/SC, I would highly recommend that at the next meet you plead your way into a ride. You will be stunned...

For those of you with patience........................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

we all appreciate it. ;)

Chris

You're 100% right. I just bought mine 2 days ago, after going to Downtown Ford (Sacramento) to test an 08 GT500 just for kicks.

The GT500 was in the showroom and would have taken an hour to maneuver out. Then I noticed the lonely blue SGT outside, hiding behind a healthy stable of 09 V6's and GT's.

I asked to take it for a spin, not expecting much, after having been able to enjoy my brother's 07 GT500 on several occasions.

I was floored. The suspension is a dream. The exhaust hits the PERFECT note. The Hurst shorty is beautiful. I had to have it and I got it for a STEAL.

I've always been partial to the race ready attitude and lighter aesthetic of the GT350 over the GT500. And this SGT really IS the new GT350.

What's the sense in trying to squeeze another model in between the 2 available? I definitely would have been happier had SAI actually called the SGT the GT350 to begin with, but now that it's too late for that, who cares?!

The car is perfect for what it is and holds amazingly true to the GT350 spirit, for a bottom of the basement bargain price. I'm the happiest dude on the block. Thanks SAI! :shift:

You're 100% right. I just bought mine 2 days ago, after going to Downtown Ford (Sacramento) to test an 08 GT500 just for kicks.

The GT500 was in the showroom and would have taken an hour to maneuver out. Then I noticed the lonely blue SGT outside, hiding behind a healthy stable of 09 V6's and GT's.

I asked to take it for a spin, not expecting much, after having been able to enjoy my brother's 07 GT500 on several occasions.

I was floored. The suspension is a dream. The exhaust hits the PERFECT note. The Hurst shorty is beautiful. I had to have it and I got it for a STEAL.

I've always been partial to the race ready attitude and lighter aesthetic of the GT350 over the GT500. And this SGT really IS the new GT350.

What's the sense in trying to squeeze another model in between the 2 available? I definitely would have been happier had SAI actually called the SGT the GT350 to begin with, but now that it's too late for that, who cares?!

The car is perfect for what it is and holds amazingly true to the GT350 spirit, for a bottom of the basement bargain price. I'm the happiest dude on the block. Thanks SAI! :shift:

Very cool man. Congrats.

I've been watching two Grabber Orange Shelby GT's at my local dealer. Who knows, maybe I can make a deal for one of them.

CONGRATS, kahmann!!!

It IS a sweet ride, isn't it? Probably the bargain of the year, too. Enjoy and drive safe!

My 500SS, I would say it/s a great time to approach your dealer. He may have 2, but that's a rare color, so don't wait too long...

Best of luck, guys!

Chris

Congratulations, kahmann on your new small-block Shelby! I couldn't agree with you more. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I like what you've done to make it look like a modern day GT350. Nice job.

Now put this hood, grill, CS69SEs, and sub white or silver stripes on a Bullitt (green) you have what Mike wants. More power and better brakes never hurt : )

Mike

My 2 cents worth!

I keep hearing blower, supercharger, turbo, 5.0..... I think that alot of people have lost sight of what the GT-350 was. Yes, shelby put in a better than stock power house. But the GT-350 was never ment to be that. It was a stike in balance of median performane with great handeling. I personaly think that if the 350 come out it should have a warmed up 4.6l (cams, intake, Twin 65 TB a good CPU Tune) and then heaps of handeling upgrades. e.g, Tubeular K-member and A-arm, Coilovers, a true watts rear linkage, chassis bracing..... And then some body mods. Not double snorkle rediculous. Then if you want a roll bar, rear seat delete, ETC... as extras. I have a loaded GT decked out as a GT-350 and I love it! I've done some engine mods and some basic suspension mods. Tuned the CPU. I can tell you that the GT500 is an awsome ride but mine holds it's own. I have pegged the speedo numerous times. When I get done with it I am looking to be under 42K for everything. That is well under the GT500 price. It can be done. It just takes someone to strike the mold and go with it!

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

For a GT-350 I would consider using the

3.5 L Duratec V6 or the Supercharged 4.0 L V6

Make the suspension better like the original GT-350

Run plumbing for brake cooling in both the front and rear brakes

Body kit used to reduce drag

Possibly an adjustable wing for better downforce

• 4 weeks later...
When I get done with it I am looking to be under 42K for everything. That is well under the GT500 price. It can be done. It just takes someone to strike the mold and go with it!

Nick

Ok- 42k is under Shelby prices, but not far enough to justify the savings. When you're all done, what have you got?

A great performing car? check.

A great looking car? check.

A car exactly the way you want it? check.

A car that you can get most of your money back from if you want to sell it? Not a chance in hell.

When you figure in the depreciation of the regular Mustang GT vs the depreciation of a real Shelby, the decision becomes clear. If you can get the Shelby, get it. It will be worth every extra penny you spend. If you want a Shelby on the cheap, go to your dealer and get a stripped 2009 V6, then send it to Las Vegas for the Terlingua conversion. You'll spend about 18k on the V6 and about the same for the full works Terlingua package. For 36k you'll have a well balanced car with plenty of power. And if you decide to sell, you'll get every penny back.

• 1 month later...

FWIW I read this on another site. Source has been pretty reliable in the past.

2010 + Shelby Gt-350 with POLL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Works!

Not Finalized!

V6 Powered!

350 is Surely to Signify Horsepower Rating!

Built at Shelby Las Vegas not on Ford Production Line.

KC

And That's All I can Say about that!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=481729

Thanks for the info AFBLUE does anybody else know if this is true for the 2010 model year, if its a V-6 i would think it will be supercharged or turbo charged to get the 350hp. I would hope its a V-8 like the originals. INFO NEEDED HERE SO ANYONE PLEASE LET US KNOW THANKS .......

• 4 weeks later...
So I will keep dreaming of a G.T. 350 with all the goods for open tracking straight from the factory.

I'd like to see a 2010 GT350, and I agree it should be designed for road racing tracks. BTW, I like your car' design.

I'd buy a 2010 Mustang GT with a 5.0 liter N/A engine. It should have a 6-speed and bigger brakes. The owner would take it from there.

Ok- 42k is under Shelby prices, but not far enough to justify the savings. When you're all done, what have you got?

A great performing car? check.

A great looking car? check.

A car exactly the way you want it? check.

A car that you can get most of your money back from if you want to sell it? Not a chance in hell.

When you figure in the depreciation of the regular Mustang GT vs the depreciation of a real Shelby, the decision becomes clear. If you can get the Shelby, get it. It will be worth every extra penny you spend. If you want a Shelby on the cheap, go to your dealer and get a stripped 2009 V6, then send it to Las Vegas for the Terlingua conversion. You'll spend about 18k on the V6 and about the same for the full works Terlingua package. For 36k you'll have a well balanced car with plenty of power. And if you decide to sell, you'll get every penny back.

Coffee....

You missed the point!! I was pointing out that if Shelby wanted to make a GT350. They should do it and not jack up the price. Keep the mods simple in the HP department and up the anny in the handeling. It can be done. My car is proof. By the by. I do not intend to ever sell my GT350. She is the way I want!! MINE!!

Nick

Archived