TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Chew on this and let us know what it tastes like...

JETSOLVER

That pumpkin is great! :hysterical:

Is buying powerleases legit?! I'm also wondering: does Ford bear part of the cost of x-plan purchases? Could there be some X-plan mischief in here too? You know, dole out pins to the sales staff, cover the monthly thru Ford until it sells, split the exaggerated mark-up with the sales staff, but if it doesn;t sell, they salesman is on the hook to own it, because it's his/her x-plan pin. Just thinking out loud -- don't know if that even works, but it would seem like it could. Or maybe the delaer bears the typical risk (very low in this case) and the salesperson just gets a bigger payday on sale -- because s/he was the pawn on the x-plan buy.

I'm sure if there's a devious way to make an extra buck, there's a dealer somewhere trying to do it -- even if x-plan is for customers only (dunno).

That pumpkin is great! :hysterical:

Is buying powerleases legit?! I'm also wondering: does Ford bear part of the cost of x-plan purchases? Could there be some X-plan mischief in here too? You know, dole out pins to the sales staff, cover the monthly thru Ford until it sells, split the exaggerated mark-up with the sales staff, but if it doesn;t sell, they salesman is on the hook to own it, because it's his/her x-plan pin. Just thinking out loud -- don't know if that even works, but it would seem like it could. Or maybe the delaer bears the typical risk (very low in this case) and the salesperson just gets a bigger payday on sale -- because s/he was the pawn on the x-plan buy.

I'm sure if there's a devious way to make an extra buck, there's a dealer somewhere trying to do it -- even if x-plan is for customers only (dunno).

Buying powerleases is specifically forbidden - not that a dealer wouldn't try it, but if they got caught, they'd be in a world of hurt. I've heard of dealers using employee d-plan pins to cover ad-vehicle losses, but Ford started cracking down on this practice a while ago.

Buying powerleases is specifically forbidden - not that a dealer wouldn't try it, but if they got caught, they'd be in a world of hurt. I've heard of dealers using employee d-plan pins to cover ad-vehicle losses, but Ford started cracking down on this practice a while ago.

Well,hopefully, Ford would be checking this out :idea:

Thanks, Rat...

Hey LS! You may be getting beat at your own game. :hysterical2:http://www.modularfords.com/forums/members...ease-buyer.html Join up and read this persons stuff. It seems wonderfully ironic that they at least are not paying huge ADM's that LONESTAR is. What was that old saw about birds of a feather.... :hysterical:

Thinking about doing the pumpkin where the guts are leaving from the other end. :fan:

just like Ford should do you know shi# and get off the pot. Find out what there dealers are up to and fix it.

I am so proud I just bought a 92 Ford van numbers matching with just 265,345.7 miles. (it came with the buz. I just bought) Thinking about posting some pics. so everyone can get a good :hysterical:

:headscratch::idea:

Hey Ford you could use the van in a Commercial on how many mile a Ford can go! motor and trans are great no problems and never been overhaled, no smoke, but there is a bit of skin cancer. give me a call Ford. Ford can use the thing for a fee let me think ..................I know give me the GT500 and you can have the van thats a trade. :happy feet: :happy feet: :bike:

Buying powerleases is specifically forbidden - not that a dealer wouldn't try it, but if they got caught, they'd be in a world of hurt.

You are OH so wrong. Power leases can be sold by original power lease holder. A buyer of a power lease cannot sell them though. powerleases are still being honored at this time until end of this month

Guest evilchris

You are OH so wrong. Power leases can be sold by original power lease holder. A buyer of a power lease cannot sell them though. powerleases are still being honored at this time until end of this month

He is saying it's forbidden for a dealer to do so.

He is saying it's forbidden for a dealer to do so.

I could be wrong, but I had a power lease holder offer his position a while ago. I took it to our GM and he said if we did it and Ford found out, they could pull allocations. I'm basing my statement on that - I haven't actually researched it any further.

I could be wrong, but I had a power lease holder offer his position a while ago. I took it to our GM and he said if we did it and Ford found out, they could pull allocations. I'm basing my statement on that - I haven't actually researched it any further.

ratnacage, Ok I understand what you are saying. Your dealer happens to be wrong. All power lease transfers go through the same person at svt. they can be bought traded or swapped. only 1/3 or less of the power leases issued have been used. because the period was from april 1st to june 30th there are still people out there who have not turned in their svt cobra or lightnings yet. once they are sure thats done the program will be over. most dealers do not understand what a power lease is. very few have even heard of one. not knocking you just what your dealer told you.

if the person who spoke to you about power lease has it I would be glad to take it off his hands. was he trying to sell it?how much?

ratnacage, Ok I understand what you are saying. Your dealer happens to be wrong. All power lease transfers go through the same person at svt. they can be bought traded or swapped. only 1/3 or less of the power leases issued have been used. because the period was from april 1st to june 30th there are still people out there who have not turned in their svt cobra or lightnings yet. once they are sure thats done the program will be over. most dealers do not understand what a power lease is. very few have even heard of one. not knocking you just what your dealer told you.

if the person who spoke to you about power lease has it I would be glad to take it off his hands. was he trying to sell it?how much?

It was actually a dealer employee in Florida (I have his contact info in my notes at work). He wanted $15k for it, but that was a couple months ago. If he still has it, maybe he's more negotiable now. I'll PM you if I find his info.

Is buying powerleases legit?! I'm also wondering: does Ford bear part of the cost of x-plan purchases? Could there be some X-plan mischief in here too?

This is taken off of my company's link to the Fordpartner.com X-plan site:

"Vehicles must be titled in the purchaser's name and in their possession for at least six months."

"It is in direct violation of the program rules to generate a PIN for an individual not eligible for the Plan. In addition, accepting money or gifts in connection with providing someone a PIN is strictly prohibited. Violations of these rules will result in suspension of X-Plan eligibility for the individual and partner company and may result in further penalties as deemed appropriate by the Company."

Sounds risky to f--- with the X-plan program. Not to say some dealer wouldn't love to do it...

Archived