TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR

Hello,

I am new to the site and first off I would like to say hello to the members, secondly I am purchasing a 2008 GT500KR here locally in Michigan.

I am thrilled that Ford and Shelby are back doing business with each other as they makes some of the best muscle cars known to man, I have been reading silently for months without signing up and posting, lately there seems to be tons of hostility and negative comments about the delay of the marquee car.

Personally, I rather they take there time and generate a flawless car than rush into it and simply pump them out just to please the masses, in life you can't please everyone so just go with the flow.

Think about this for a minute as little as 3 years ago there was no partnership between these two companies with no cars even on the horizon, sure I would love to have my KR now but waiting a little longer isn't going to kill me, hell, I never even thought I would have the opportunity to buy one so who am I to complain about a production delay that is simply happening to ensure stringent quality control.

All that I ask is that they keep to their word and only build 1000 in 2008 and 746 in 2009, if they don't then I may have a gripe, but until then just keep doing what you are doing guys, soon the bow tie's will be fearing this machine, as for the Mopar loyalists enjoy the new Challenger we shall keep an eye on you in our rear view mirror.

M

Hello,

I am new to the site and first off I would like to say hello to the members, secondly I am purchasing a 2008 GT500KR here locally in Michigan.

I am thrilled that Ford and Shelby are back doing business with each other as they makes some of the best muscle cars known to man, I have been reading silently for months without signing up and posting, lately there seems to be tons of hostility and negative comments about the delay of the marquee car.

Personally, I rather they take there time and generate a flawless car than rush into it and simply pump them out just to please the masses, in life you can't please everyone so just go with the flow.

Think about this for a minute as little as 3 years ago there was no partnership between these two companies with no cars even on the horizon, sure I would love to have my KR now but waiting a little longer isn't going to kill me, hell, I never even thought I would have the opportunity to buy one so who am I to complain about a production delay that is simply happening to ensure stringent quality control.

All that I ask is that they keep to their word and only build 1000 in 2008 and 746 in 2009, if they don't then I may have a gripe, but until then just keep doing what you are doing guys, soon the bow tie's will be fearing this machine, as for the Mopar loyalists enjoy the new Challenger we shall keep an eye on you in our rear view mirror.

M

M,

AGREE 100%

Dp

(GT500KR on its way!!!) :banvictory:

Hello,

M

First off "M" welcome to the site glad you finally joined up. I've been around here a pretty good while just don't post much. I do learn alot though. Secondly I'm with you on all of the negativity. I don't know what is going on with these guy's but I'll wait, like you, it ain't going to kill me either. Hopefully mine will be here before summer is over. Thankfully down here summer lasts a little longer than yours. Good luck.

I am also new to this group and have a KR on order. I have been waiting patiently and up here in Canada, I believe I will be waiting longer than you. The negativity of this car is due to the ADM's. Agreed 120-150k for a mustang is quite a lot but if people are buying, why not ask the price. There is no doubt it is a collector car and I don't believe that the price of it will not go below msrp so if people buy for collector purpose or for personal use you can't go wrong.

It was a battle to get one here in Canada, the dealers are keeping them for themselves (owners) or they are doing private auctions to maximize their profits.

Anyhow, hopefully we will start seeing these KR's on the road soon.

Hello,

M

YOU SIR ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ; AND THEREFORE SIR . YOU ARE A PATRIOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your future KR !!

Make sure you stay ahead of them. Have you seen the rear ends of those things?

They look like a monkeys ass in heat !! :hysterical3::rant2:

[/quote

Interesting use of verbage, are you in reference to the (rust), yes, I am aware of it and I for one was suprised to see it on some of the earlier models, I do believe they have attended to that issue and are putting a resolve on the matter. Irs would have been nice but I', fine with the solid link.

So far there has been great comunication in regards to the car, so I am confident if future issues arrise, they will be accountable.

Sequential Tail Lights are a must.

What makes you think they are addressing the rust ?

They have built over 20,0000 GT500's and done nothing yet !!!

+1 .... and it is extremelly sad that on a 50k car, they send rusted axles like that! Perhaps if we all start asking for a warranty to fix the rust, then Ford may do something about it!

+1 .... and it is extremelly sad that on a 50k car, they send rusted axles like that! Perhaps if we all start asking for a warranty to fix the rust, then Ford may do something about it!

it is normal aging for cast iron to brown up after being in the elements

and also for steel that has not been painted so i really doubt that any MFGR would warranty it

Hello,

M

Good perspective.....sometimes I think people's passion gets in the way of their patience. It's hard to wait but it's always worth it in the end. Congrats on the car. :shift:

Hello,

M

I saw one in Frendale a week ago.

Thank you very much, I am very excited.

It was there for the cancer breast walk from what I have heard, fyi I ended up cancelling my order and went with a 2008 427 limited edition model of 505 to be built z06, fully loaded and due to the economy I got it at invoice, $78,050 plus tax in Indiana.

good luck to all who end up with a KR I jsut got tired of waiting.

It was there for the cancer breast walk from what I have heard, fyi I ended up cancelling my order and went with a 2008 427 limited edition model of 505 to be built z06, fully loaded and due to the economy I got it at invoice, $78,050 plus tax in Indiana.

good luck to all who end up with a KR I jsut got tired of waiting.

nice find, i'm between the KR with a $20K mark up or a ZR1 at msrp :slapfight:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks...0247515092&

Congrats on your future KR !!

Make sure you stay ahead of them. Have you seen the rear ends of those things?

They look like a monkeys ass in heat !! :hysterical3::rant2:

I've never examined a monkey's ass while it's in heat: therefore, I have no idea of what your speak. :huh:

I am a little concerned that there are those out there that apparently have examined a monkey's ass while it's in heat...unless you're a veterinarian. Would you please clarify?

I've never examined a monkey's ass while it's in heat: therefore, I have no idea of what your speak. :huh:

I am a little concerned that there are those out there that apparently have examined a monkey's ass while it's in heat...unless you're a veterinarian. Would you please clarify?

Seeing that he is a "Snake Doctor", I would say that he would not know what monkey's a$$ in heat looks like---but he may know what a snake's a$$ in heat would look like :hysterical2: :tease: :worm:

Just trying to have some fun!!!

Bud

Archived