TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2007 Shelby GT Owner

jrod

Hey everyone,

I recently picked up a 07 Shelby GT. I am absolutely in love with it! I live in LA, which has an exotic car on every corner and i still manage to get looks and people asking me about it. It feels great knowing i'm driving a legendary car upgraded by a legendary man. I look forward to learning all about the Shelby and am plannning some definate upgrades in the near future...Supercharger anyone?? :D Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks,

Jared

mustang1.jpg

mustang2.jpg

Hey everyone,

I recently picked up a 07 Shelby GT. I am absolutely in love with it! I live in LA, which has an exotic car on every corner and i still manage to get looks and people asking me about it. It feels great knowing i'm driving a legendary car upgraded by a legendary man. I look forward to learning all about the Shelby and am plannning some definate upgrades in the near future...Supercharger anyone?? :D Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks,

Jared

Jared,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on being the new owner of an awesome car. You'll find the forum an invaluable source of information with a great group of very friendly and helpful members.

Dave

Hi Jared,

Great car eh? I live in San Diego, your right about LA, I took a drive up there 3 months ago and people were pointing at my car after super exotic cars had just passed! I like the GT spoiler on your car, I went with the GT500 spoiler but it was a hard decision. My V6 vert has the Gt spoiler. It really jazzes up the car.

Take care,

Stephen Vick

post-19390-1212597386.jpg

post-19390-1212597386.jpg

I believe it was the dealer. If I were to chose, I think I would have went with the lip spoiler style instead, but its growing on me.

If I were you, I would seriously entertain the GT500 spoiler, given that you already have holes drilled in your deck lid. Something to think about. And, welcome to you. We are glad to have you here and look forward to hearing from you in the days ahead.

Jim

Welcome to the asylum Jrod. Beautiful ride....oh, and by the way, get that silly grin off your face :happy feet:

Jim

Hi....And welcome to the Forum!

I haven't written in awhile but did anyone else notice the missing 'Powered by Ford' badges? :huh:

RetroAlex #2946

Miami, FL

ooh, good catch. That sucks. Some old guy was checking out my car the other day to figure out what company it was made by (yeah I know, don't ask me) and wouldn't have been able to tell if it wasn't for my powered by ford badges. hehe

Welcome aboard ! let the modding begin :)

Thanks!! And yes, I am already contemplating what I want to do. I definately am going to supercharge my car. But that is a little ways away. Any recommendations?

I think its #5437. Oh and about the missing powerd by ford, I'm glad that isn't on there, i feel it takes away from the flow of the car.

Wow, you're probably the first person I've ever heard say that. lol, I think they look sweet personally.

Different strokes etc etc I guess. =)

Wow, you're probably the first person I've ever heard say that. lol, I think they look sweet personally.

Different strokes etc etc I guess. =)

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like I think its tacy, I'm just a less is more kinda guy usually. Any recommendations on mods? I am throughly impessed with the Shaker 500 stereo too! Best sounding factory stereo i have EVER heard.

Thanks!! And yes, I am already contemplating what I want to do. I definately am going to supercharge my car. But that is a little ways away. Any recommendations?

I'm partial to the Whipple, I think the roots style blowers have some real advantages for a street car. I think any of them will bring a smile to your face :)

I think its #5437. Oh and about the missing powered by ford, I'm glad that isn't on there, i feel it takes away from the flow of the car.

First...welcome. We could use a few more SGT owners on this site.

Even if you prefer the SGT without the badges, I would request the badges from the dealer. Then put them in a safe place in case you sell the vehicle some day. The badges are hard to come by and are not cheap. We have seen them go for $250+ on eBay. You want to get them.

Now check out ShelbyPerformance.com

A lot of new ways to spent you $$$$$ :spend:

Archived