TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best sounding Exhaust

Matts

3" magnaflow cat back system.

no stupid drone noise and great deep tone.

also you still hear the super charger nicely.

my buddy got the load mouth exaust and the drone is terrible,sounds nice going forward but let go of the gas or gearing down,YUK. :fear::fear::nonono:

I've put the SVT1s on the car and was mildly disappointed. As mentioned before, my 07 GT has Flowmasters on it and I like the rumble that they create. The SVT1s sound almost like stock mufflers. There is a little bit deeper sound, but not the rumble and sound I was hoping for. A friend mentioned something about breaking the mufflers in before the sound is true. Do the mufflers need a break-in period before they give you the true sound?

Also, was noticing today on the way back to work that when I get on it, I get a 'pop' when shifting between gears. The pop sounds like it is coming from the back of the car. Doesn't really sound like a backfire, but it could be (?) Any ideas?

I HAVE HAD THE 3 INCH STAINLESS CATBACK MAGNAFLOW SYSTEM WITH 4 INCH TIPS ; ON MY 03 COBRA AND NOW ON MY 08 GT500 ; VERY THROATY SOUNDING AT IDLE AND ON THE GO ; NO DRONE SOUND WHAT SO EVER WITH THE TOP DOWN OR UP. ONE OF THE SWEETEST BOLT ON SYSTEM THAT WILL GIVE YOU 15-18 REARWHEEL HORSEPOWER OVER THE STOCK EXHAUST JUST BY BOLTING THEM ON.

I WORKED 17 YEARS FOR FORD HAVING OWNED 6 MUSTANG GT'S AND 3 SVT COBRAS. THE MAGAFLOW SYSTEM HAS NEVER LET ME DOWN. NOT GIVING ME ANY DRONE OR OTHER ISSUES. I HAVE HAD OTHER EXHAUST SYSTEMS FROM OTHER WELL KNOW COMPANIES AND HAD PROBLEMS FROM DRONNING NOISE TO RUST AND RATTLING. MAGAFLOW HOLDS UP THE BEST COMPARIED TO THE OTHER EXHAUST SYSTEMS I HAVE HAD. ON MY 99 SVT VERT THE 3 INCH CATBACK MAGNAFLOW IS IN LIKE NEW CONDITION AND STILL SOUNDS AS AWESOME AS THE DAY IT WAS INSTALLED 9 YEARS AND 17,OOO MILES AGO.

IN CLOSING, YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG WITH THE MAGNAFLOW 3 " CATBACK SYSTEM. YOU WILL DEFINATELY NOT BE DISAPPIONTED WITH IT'S DEEP THROATY SOUND AND IT'S AWESOME LOOKS ; NOT TO MENTION THE SWEET 4 " INCH EXHAUST TIPS. IF YOU GOT ANY QUESTIONS JUST E-MAIL ME ; I WILL BE HAPPY TO LET YOU LISTEN TO MY EXHAUST OVER THE PHONE.

SCOTTY

You guys are convincing me that the Magnaflows are what Ive been looking for. I didn't want my car to be too loud at idle or during daily driving and I didn't want any drone. At first I wanted to stay with FRPP, but the SVT1s seem like the only ones that don't drone but they don't offer much more than the stock for $700+.

Did you guys get the Mustang GT Magaflows? American Muscle indicated that some 2007+ cars require replacing the hangers to accommadate an aftermarket exhaust. Is this true?

Also can any of you with the Magnaflows post a picture of the exhaust tips with at least one picture looking into the pipes? Just want to see if they are like the Corsa where there's a ring on the inside.

You guys are convincing me that the Magnaflows are what Ive been looking for. I didn't want my car to be too loud at idle or during daily driving and I didn't want any drone. At first I wanted to stay with FRPP, but the SVT1s seem like the only ones that don't drone but they don't offer much more than the stock for $700+.

Did you guys get the Mustang GT Magaflows? American Muscle indicated that some 2007+ cars require replacing the hangers to accommadate an aftermarket exhaust. Is this true?

Also can any of you with the Magnaflows post a picture of the exhaust tips with at least one picture looking into the pipes? Just want to see if they are like the Corsa where there's a ring on the inside.

Installed Bassani SS Street Race axle-back (#4607SR5)mufflers....very easy install and used stock hangers without a problem. They have a slight drone.... over-all very pleased with sound, quality and alignment.

Doc :dance:

I'm going with StainlessWorks. Offroad X with 3" catback system.

Search Youtube for MRFARMDOG'S GT500 exhaust notes. Lots of popular exhausts including SW. The guy with the torch red GT (blue oval ford shirt) is running SW full setup including long-tube headers, catted-X and 3" catback. Sounds very deep and very mean. Had their system on my '03 and loved it!

You have a PM...I have a Stainlessworks axleback for you...2 days on car. 3".

my buddy got the load mouth exaust and the drone is terrible,sounds nice going forward but let go of the gas or gearing down,YUK. :fear::fear::nonono:

This is the first i'm hearing about a drone problem with the SLP's. I have a set and don't know what you speak of. :shrug: Doesn't have a drone at any RPM.

Archived