TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR suspension

Anyone know the differences between the GT-500 and KR suspension? I have a GT-500 but would like to work on the suspension to rid the rear wheel hop, and to lower it. I'd like to stick with FRPP or Shelby parts.

Anyone know the differences between the GT-500 and KR suspension? I have a GT-500 but would like to work on the suspension to rid the rear wheel hop, and to lower it. I'd like to stick with FRPP or Shelby parts.

nothing done to the kr to reduce wheel hop. the changes have to do with spring rates and sway bar sizes, as well as a slightly stickier tire. also aerodynamics, front and rear spoiler differences

• 4 weeks later...

I don't believe the KR uses the FRPP M-5300-L lowering springs. Multiple articles I've read indicate the KR is lowered versus the GT500 by only 0.6 inches (15mm) in the rear and 0.79 inches (20mm) in the front, which is not quite as much as the 1.25" (32 mm) numbers for the M-5300-L springs.

I don't believe the KR uses the FRPP M-5300-L lowering springs. Multiple articles I've read indicate the KR is lowered only 0.6 inches (15mm) in the rear and 0.79 inches (20mm) in the front, which is not quite as much as the 1.25" (32 mm) numbers for the M-5300-L springs.

to eliminate wheel hop, change your uca and lca, install a watts link as well for cornering.

Archived